More to the story than what is told...

100 Night Elf Hunter
There have been a lot of things being said by former guildies about Axis of Anarchy that I wish to clarify. Recently a few people have left our guild because of raiding, and they are claiming that "we wouldn't let them raid," and were "playing favorites."

One of the biggest problems we have had in the past is healers. Just prior to Cata's release there were many changes to class makeups. Some were so used to the way spells and stats were before, they were unwilling to make changes. There has been an issue with healers especially being undergeared who want to jump into raiding when they aren't ready and expect to just get gear. One of the guildies left when I politely told her why she didn't get excepted to that nights raid. The last raid she was in, she died every boss fight. If there was fire, she stood in it. If there was any kind of aoe, she didn't move, and tried healing her way through it, leaving the other healers at the mercy of tanks taking damage. I explained that she needed to do more dungeons, not only for gear, but to learn awareness. She said, "I can't learn awareness if I can't raid." Yes people you can.

I think there is a misconception over the purpose of dungeons. Yes, gear is a part of it, but it is also to learn how to work with others in a group setting, and to learn awareness as well. Somewhere that idea has been lost. People hit 85, slap on whatever gear they can equip, or hold gear in their bags that raise their item level. We don't just go by item level in our guild. I have seen people with awesome gear do terrible, and I have seen people with terrible gear do very well. In wrath we raided with a paraplegic hunter who did great dps, and played with a straw. No joke!

However, gear at some point is important. One person we wouldn't allow to raid was wearing more than half pvp gear, nothing was gemmed or enchanted properly, and he could barely co-heal a BH run. I suggested doing dungeons with him to help get him better gear. We did a random and got BRC. We died 5 times before the second boss because he wasn't paying attention, was texting his girlfriend and bragging about working out. I know dungeons aren't "serious business," but it is also part of the problem we had a few months ago with him when he did raid. His focus was totally gone.

Two nights ago we had a couple leave the guild. I am not saying they are bad people, but the type that are never happy. The first raid they were in, she received three upgrades. One of those upgrades was a wand someone else won the roll on, but he took into consideration that he was on his alt, and she was on her main so he gave it to her. The next raid she did, she didn't get any upgrades, after all, raiding is luck of the drops to begin with. A neck dropped, three people rolled on it. The winner (who rolled first) gave the neck to another guildie because he was on his alt, and it was a better upgrade for the person. She got upset, and thought it should have gone to her because she rolled second highest. We didn't hear much out of them for several weeks. Friday night we were putting together an alt run. Her boyfriend signed up for the raid on his lower level DK, not on the character he raids on. He got upset when he didn't get invited to the raid, and was even more upset when asked if his girlfriend was available to heal. He said "you are not the raid leader and I understand, but Hugeguy is, and he should take the time to know who's alts are whose." We have over 400 characters in our guild. Basically he is expected to know who is who when he's trying to put his raid together. Wouldn't it be simpler to be on the character you wish to raid on prior to the raid getting started? We have people all the time, an hour or two before raid time who say, "I am online and would like to raid if a spot is open." I don't read minds. Hugeguy doesn't read minds either.

Basically, now that I am done with my rant, when people get angry because they "can't raid," take into count that you might not be getting the whole story.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I blame Adramolech
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
God Barros... this is why we can't have nice things!! You're always blaming the gnome.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
ITS CUZ HE SMELLS FUNNY
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Hunter
06/12/2011 09:15 AMPosted by Barros
ITS CUZ HE SMELLS FUNNY

*cough*
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful, Barros!
Reply Quote
06/12/2011 09:15 AMPosted by Lunessa
God Barros... this is why we can't have nice things!! You're always blaming the gnome.

Finally, someone else sees the issues with Gnomes!

I purpose this recipe:

Boiling gnome
In order to boil your gnome, you will need a large pot with a lid.
Pour enough water in the pot to cover the gnome completely.
Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt for every 2 litres (4 pints) of water.
Bring the water to a fierce boil.
Grasp the live gnome behind the ears and drop it headfirst into the boiling water.
Cover the pot and once the water has started to boil again, start timing.
Boil the gnome for 10 minutes for the first lb of weight and then 3 more minutes for each extra pound. A 30 lb gnome will be done in 100 minutes, a 40 lb lobster in 130 minutes.
Once cooked, drain the gnome immediately and serve hot.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/12/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Opkier

Finally, someone else sees the issues with Gnomes!

I purpose this recipe:

Boiling gnome
In order to boil your gnome, you will need a large pot with a lid.
Pour enough water in the pot to cover the gnome completely.
Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt for every 2 litres (4 pints) of water.
Bring the water to a fierce boil.
Grasp the live gnome behind the ears and drop it headfirst into the boiling water.
Cover the pot and once the water has started to boil again, start timing.
Boil the gnome for 10 minutes for the first lb of weight and then 3 more minutes for each extra pound. A 30 lb gnome will be done in 100 minutes, a 40 lb lobster in 130 minutes.

LOL amazing!
Once cooked, drain the gnome immediately and serve hot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
06/13/2011 05:16 AMPosted by Pillzze
I dont feel like reading it but can I just say those people are stupid and i support whatever even though i dont know what it's about? *thumbs up*

Love you too Pillz ^.^

<-- zyeon <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I blame Barros btw >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
06/12/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Adramolech
Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful, Barros!

Not just beautiful, but tastes like dill when you lick him while he's sleeping.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]