Call to Arms - An updated Arms PvE Guide

85 Human Warrior
Extrapolating

The inner statistics guy in me says no no no.... :V

Oh and Nyaka. I am the designated suicide bot on that boss when I run with my friends for bears. We just burn the boss until all the adds come out (Killing both hatchers, yes.), then I have the job of FoA, Retaliation, SS, Rallying Cry, Bladestorm. 9.5 times out of 10 I'm dead....but so are the adds! The boss shortly follows.

Oh, and bump.
Edited by Gäntzie on 6/16/2011 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
06/16/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Gäntzie
The inner statistics guy in me says no no no.... :V

extrapolate [ɪkˈstræpəˌleɪt]
vb
to infer (something not known) by using but not strictly deducing from the known facts
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Its making inferences outside your data set. Lol, not trying to rain on your parade; just trying to make a bit of a joke. :3
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
So I decided to go back to stance-dancing Arms after I found an addon that allowed me to track Battle Trance, Taste for Blood, and my rage all in the same location roughly.

Simcraft was simming my stance-dancing dps self-buffed only (with appropriate dummy debuffs as provided by me) to be roughly 19.15k. After a 19m+ damage test, I ended up at 19.1k.

My top 3 damaging moves according to Simcraft should be Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, in that order.
My top 3 damaging moves according to my test (and lots of high ranked Arms warriors on WoL) were Slam (by 5%), Mortal Strike & Overpower (within 2% of each other). Note that I would only clip Mortal Strike when I had to hop to battle for the double OP.

Now don't forget, Simcraft also included execute phases (or rather, a phase per run), which obviously increase your dps.

Extrapolating from all that, it looks like Slam-spam stance-dancing is the superior Arms subspec. Thoughts?

Its not so much Slam spam, is that that with double Overpowers and having to time the switch you have a massive hole in the middle of the rotation which is why slam ends up top damage. Last night I did BH25, 26k dps stance dancing Arms. Mortal Strike was my top damaging ability because I can charge in combat and that gives it a massive Crit buff, however in any scenario where you cant charge Slam will always be the top damage.

From what ive noticed MS will get clipped every 2 TfB procs by at least 1.5 seconds, which is not exactly worrying unless your Slaughter is about to fall which it really shouldn't.

Considering how simple Stance Dancing has proved to be and how significant of a dps increase it actually is, everyone should be doing it. But It will remain as an Advanced tip in the guide because its too affected by Latency and even a sudden drop in FPS will affect the timing of your switch.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Bump it up!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I looked at the Shaman forums today. It's obvious that Mods spend too much time in there. Theres been maybe 4-5 stickies put up and taken down in the past 2 months.
Edited by Gäntzie on 6/16/2011 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
So I decided to go back to stance-dancing Arms after I found an addon that allowed me to track Battle Trance, Taste for Blood, and my rage all in the same location roughly.

Simcraft was simming my stance-dancing dps self-buffed only (with appropriate dummy debuffs as provided by me) to be roughly 19.15k. After a 19m+ damage test, I ended up at 19.1k.

My top 3 damaging moves according to Simcraft should be Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, in that order.
My top 3 damaging moves according to my test (and lots of high ranked Arms warriors on WoL) were Slam (by 5%), Mortal Strike & Overpower (within 2% of each other). Note that I would only clip Mortal Strike when I had to hop to battle for the double OP.

Now don't forget, Simcraft also included execute phases (or rather, a phase per run), which obviously increase your dps.

Extrapolating from all that, it looks like Slam-spam stance-dancing is the superior Arms subspec. Thoughts?

Its not so much Slam spam, is that that with double Overpowers and having to time the switch you have a massive hole in the middle of the rotation which is why slam ends up top damage. Last night I did BH25, 26k dps stance dancing Arms. Mortal Strike was my top damaging ability because I can charge in combat and that gives it a massive Crit buff, however in any scenario where you cant charge Slam will always be the top damage.

From what ive noticed MS will get clipped every 2 TfB procs by at least 1.5 seconds, which is not exactly worrying unless your Slaughter is about to fall which it really shouldn't.

Considering how simple Stance Dancing has proved to be and how significant of a dps increase it actually is, everyone should be doing it. But It will remain as an Advanced tip in the guide because its too affected by Latency and even a sudden drop in FPS will affect the timing of your switch.

I've started to experiment with stance dancing and I'm seeing a noticeable DPS increase as well. I've just got to work on getting my rotation down a bit. Have you altered yours a bit now that you are stance dancing? I'm now hitting overpower before mortal strike and then hitting slam in berserker etc. then switching back for overpower etc. Just have to get a little more used to staying on top of my Colussus Smash.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

I've started to experiment with stance dancing and I'm seeing a noticeable DPS increase as well. I've just got to work on getting my rotation down a bit. Have you altered yours a bit now that you are stance dancing? I'm now hitting overpower before mortal strike and then hitting slam in berserker etc. then switching back for overpower etc. Just have to get a little more used to staying on top of my Colussus Smash.

Only change you do is delay Overpower until theres 4 seconds left on TfB which means as soon as your GCD is over you have another OP proc, so you do 2 OP in a row and back to zerker. This may delay your MS sometimes, but its still better.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Guys, guys, guys, hey guys. Did the Dargonhawk boss in ZA as Arms last night, 25k DPS from Rend, Bladestorm, Sweeping Strikes, Retaliation, and Thunder Clap. Nobody was amused when I died one minute into the fight.

Also bump and sticky.

Laughed out loud.

Also, a question: What should we be using Battle Trance procs for? Just HS or is there another situation that we want to use it on?

If it is indeed just for HS, I should probably get Power Auras and set it up for Battle Trance, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Guys, guys, guys, hey guys. Did the Dargonhawk boss in ZA as Arms last night, 25k DPS from Rend, Bladestorm, Sweeping Strikes, Retaliation, and Thunder Clap. Nobody was amused when I died one minute into the fight.

Also bump and sticky.

25k is my single target dps
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
06/17/2011 12:23 AMPosted by Narthis
Also, a question: What should we be using Battle Trance procs for? Just HS or is there another situation that we want to use it on?

use it for the abilities that cost the highest rage- in this case- HS or execute
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
06/17/2011 12:59 AMPosted by Eldamari

use it for the abilities that cost the highest rage- in this case- HS or execute

Execute only costs 10 rage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
30 if u want to have the bonus dmg
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
That extra rage is still used during Deadly Calm.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Honestly this is really pissing me off...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Le Stick.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Sticky please!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]