The Wow Census

33 Dwarf Warlock
According to the Wow Census, a site made to track the population of Wow's servers, Warlocks are the least played class (Highest being Paladin, surprise) and out of all of the races that can play a warlock, dwarves are the lowest, with a mere 3,515 on all of the servers.

As to why Dwarves are so low, it is obvious, we aren't the most lovable of the races. But why do you think Warlocks aren't so liked? We have so much to offer: all sorts of spells for pretty much any problem.

On a side note, I suggest you have a look at the site. You can find out all sorts of information, like the faction that has the most players on your server.
Reply Quote
because locks aren't as easy mode as paladins are
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Well dwarves aren't exactly popular for spell type classes to begin with and as lock is new to their race since Cata not a whole lot of people are just going to race change to them especially since the dwarf racials aren't all that hot for locks compared to other racial options that people already have. I think the reason locks are shied away from in general as a class though is that when new people are selecting a class the classes that are most clear on what they are and what they do (paladins, mages, warriors) appeal to them just because its easier for many people to wrap their mind around what they are about to spend their time doing. Warlocks and Shamans take a bit of research or just sheer curiosity to pick to understand what you're about to do so they are played less. Just my opinion.
Edited by Necrotica on 6/13/2011 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
06/13/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Blucheez
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
06/13/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Thegrumbler
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
06/13/2011 01:21 AMPosted by Morintha
According to the Wow Census, a site made to track the population of Wow's servers, Warlocks are the least played class (Highest being Paladin, surprise) and out of all of the races that can play a warlock, dwarves are the lowest, with a mere 3,515 on all of the servers.

Probably because the combination was just added this expansion. I'm pretty sure Worgen Druids will have much less players than Night Elf Druids and Undead Mages will be significantly higher than Orc mages.

As to why Dwarves are so low, it is obvious, we aren't the most lovable of the races. But why do you think Warlocks aren't so liked? We have so much to offer: all sorts of spells for pretty much any problem.

People who want a spellcaster class can play a mage with significantly more dps with significantly less effort. Same applies with pet class in regards to hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlocks are also seen as "evil" which on the Alliance side at least might turn a few kiddies off... and moderate religious folk lol

Also a lot of kids want to instantly "blow things up" which locks simply can't do.

Handling pets might also make their brains weep.
Edited by Wallylewis on 6/14/2011 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
I thought rogues were the least played class.

Ganking stragglers is always super fun.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
That's why I picked a dwarf, I try to be as different as possible.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Most of my friends who have tried warlocks generally say it's too much trouble to play one.

As for dwarves, I can see they can be okay for PvP with their racials but none of it helps in PvE and they are relatively new so it's not really fair to compare them to other races who could have picked warlocks since the beginning of time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Having played a lock since I started playing, which is only several months after the game went live, I can tell you that locks are a challenge to play. I have several classes all at 85 and by far my lock is the most challenging. There are dots, and pets, and with cata came a horrible rotation. The lock being the bees knees in pvp has faded as well as Blizzard has given more and more classes ways to resist/cancel the fear ability that the lock brings to PVP. The lock has also not had a major revamping since just before BC, and even that isn't that drastic if you ask me. (compared to other classes) Locks tend to get a nerf in almost every patch or xpac. Blizzard attempts to change things and adjust the lock's dps and it seems to never work out well. Their constant challenge to balance pve and pvp seems to always result in horrible changes for the Lock player. All of these things have had warlocks take a hit in the play-ablity area. I would love to see an overhaul of the Lock and for Blizzard to really look at the demons we are given and their uses. I refuse to give up on my lock but Blizzard has made her harder and harder to play. The lock does not come with the same dps with the ease of use not to mention a buff to raids. Other dps is simply prefered.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
06/13/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Blucheez
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Cant repeat that enough.

Been playing a lock for years. Made it to 80 as demo, then switched to affiction to have a better chance to get into raids. Got bored of dot watching and didnt think I was very good at it even though I had good numbers so I tried Destro in 2008. I enjoyed the class, and though it wasnt a 1 button class it had a nice flow and I could watch the fight and be a part of it. Hate being stationary so much, but I do enjoy destro.

Locks have taken a nerf beating since I started playing. As I was trying to lvl I asked friends in wow about all the nerfing and they told me that is what locks get. Apparently there is stl some anger left from the beginning of BC. Unfortunately I started playing at the end of BC so I never got to enjoy the OP everyone is still angry about.

Locks were the 2nd least played class in wrath. We were not even a full percentage point above rogues. Now we have taken the last play spot thanks to cat. Nearest one to us is shammys last time I checked and they were still a couple of percentages above us then rogues above them.

Really want to get a feel for how bad off we are, redefine your search on the census to just include 80s - 85. There are plenty of low lvl lock alts that people just gave up on, because of the difficulties of learning how to properly play a lock.
Edited by Virgar on 11/10/2011 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Wait, what about arcane mages?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
06/13/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Feardotlawl
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Hunter
Oh paladins are the easiest to play? thats surprising, I thought that Mages were the ones with that title....especially Arcane...
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Warlock
Warlocks =
High Skill cap
One spec class
Ignored by blizzard
Clunky Mechanics

You forgot gods of pvp and mayor of a small village down the creek.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]