Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i may have had a typo :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm rocken the title too.

As PvE really is not hard

Keeping the dps under 5k health is not easy

But to say that this was a joke is not even close to correct.

The fight is deffinately different now than it was in the day, and i feel it is much harder.

wut

What don't you understand? I thought he made perfect sense... and i'm a blonde so I don't know what your prob is lol.
Besides I don't think anyone should say anything unless they have tried it themselves. Get a group together and prove us wrong if you don't agree.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
He says PVE is not hard, then he goes on to talk about how difficult it was.

If you're proud of beating something because you thought it was difficult, then be proud of yourself. Don't put up the "PVE is not hard" facade.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
He says PVE is not hard, then he goes on to talk about how difficult it was.

If you're proud of beating something because you thought it was difficult, then be proud of yourself. Don't put up the "PVE is not hard" facade.

Ohhhh lol, I took it as him saying back in the day it wasn't hard, but now it is... I did say I was a blonde right? lol Whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TF
06/21/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Edmerlin
This has been the hardest encounter i have ever attempted
\

You should really think about attempting more encounters ed.. Heroic Council 25man gogo

06/21/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Edmerlin
in WotLK the boss frankly was easier

My experience disagrees. I did both pre and post cata, and the entire encounter was a challenge at 80, where as at 85, P3 took longer, but can't say it was more difficult. Difficult to heal possibly but i did it as a mage post cata and rogue pre-cata.. tanking didnt look different.

My question though to you ed, is as a mage, how was this fight difficult for you? Explain what you did in p3 that made it so challenging that you had a harder time executing than you would have on nef, cho'gall or al'akir.

BTW im not trolling you or anyone who killed anub. Grats to all of you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The thing that made it difficult in cata i could best describe it as getting a 25 man together and getting a 10 man together. Everyone needs to be top notch. One LoH by a pally and youve lost it. Spriest forgets to VE and too many die. Tank messes up ice and the adds go around 1 shotting people with low health. Lets be honest, as a dps, you dont have to do much. When i said pve was easy i meant that as a single player, you dont have to do much. In pvp, you are mostly on your own, and fewer people have to execute harder mechanics. This boss took around 5-7 attempts, i did not count. The majority of the wipes were because of add placement, lack of dpsing adds, lack of dps in general, too much healing on the raid, the list goes on. This fight requires that noone does anything wrong. Oh, someone dies, they get brezzed to full (or half if you un-glyph) and that extra healing goes straight to the boss. I did this boss more than i should have in WotLK, and the room for error was higher. It boils down to how much can you trust the guy next to you that he will not screw up. Aside from some of the current heroic modes, i have downed the majority of content in the game, and this was completely different than anything i have done prior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
06/21/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Edmerlin
The thing that made it difficult in cata i could best describe it as getting a 25 man together and getting a 10 man together. Everyone needs to be top notch. One LoH by a pally and youve lost it. Spriest forgets to VE and too many die. Tank messes up ice and the adds go around 1 shotting people with low health. Lets be honest, as a dps, you dont have to do much. When i said pve was easy i meant that as a single player, you dont have to do much. In pvp, you are mostly on your own, and fewer people have to execute harder mechanics. This boss took around 5-7 attempts, i did not count. The majority of the wipes were because of add placement, lack of dpsing adds, lack of dps in general, too much healing on the raid, the list goes on. This fight requires that noone does anything wrong. Oh, someone dies, they get brezzed to full (or half if you un-glyph) and that extra healing goes straight to the boss. I did this boss more than i should have in WotLK, and the room for error was higher. It boils down to how much can you trust the guy next to you that he will not screw up. Aside from some of the current heroic modes, i have downed the majority of content in the game, and this was completely different than anything i have done prior.

I thought Balian stopped playing. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You have no idea how difficult it was to resist the temptation to LoH myself.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah I wanted to see some numbers from Holy Radiance. :(
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Theholybamf
This has been the hardest encounter i have ever attempted
\

You should really think about attempting more encounters ed.. Heroic Council 25man gogo

in WotLK the boss frankly was easier

My experience disagrees. I did both pre and post cata, and the entire encounter was a challenge at 80, where as at 85, P3 took longer, but can't say it was more difficult. Difficult to heal possibly but i did it as a mage post cata and rogue pre-cata.. tanking didnt look different.

My question though to you ed, is as a mage, how was this fight difficult for you? Explain what you did in p3 that made it so challenging that you had a harder time executing than you would have on nef, cho'gall or al'akir.

BTW im not trolling you or anyone who killed anub. Grats to all of you!

You missed it :'(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TF
06/21/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Peny
You missed it :'(

Ya storm had my net going in and out for 15m. Grand Crusader Lightemup just looks bad though. WTB Lightemup, Deathwing's Bane or Lightemup Jenkins!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
It's sad.

06/21/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Theholybamf
WTB Lightemup, Deathwing's Bane

You will have to wait until 5.0 for that.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Grand Crusader Lightemup just looks bad though. WTB Lightemup, Deathwing's Bane

This sums it up nicely. Titles earned through completing level-appropriate content are cool, Titles earned by zerging old content are not.

Blizzard removed Hand of A'dal when Wrath came out but had they left it in...and I formed a 25 man raid of level 80 players, and got a Nazgrel realm first kill on Illidan lolol would I wear the title? No I'de collect my achievement points and then go run Naxx for immortal. Would I post on the forums about how much harder Illidan was at level 80 then he was at level 70? No, because then I'de be laughed at.

To all the jinx people that just started posting their opinions on the forums during this xpac, as some background, when Chain Pull grabbed the realm firsts for Yogg & Algalon, I spoke out at that time about how sad it was that they were outgearing content...but to be fair at least it was level appropriate.

Also Ed, you have short memory. If you'll recall we couldn't even start attempts on that encounter until Khaz put together a Block cap set. Also all the resto shamans had to re-glyph for improved healing stream totem. And as I said...I've got all the data and logs from Vision so if you want to continue this argument further, I'de suggest you dig some data up of your own or your going to lose.
Edited by Nakor on 6/22/2011 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
my name has an h in it nakor.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I think we have different opinions on the topic. Do i have other titles i can wear? Sure. i have multiple FoS titles that many do not. Immortal and this are on the same level. Only 25 on nazgrel have it. A few patches from now you will only be seeing a few from time to time; is the achievment old? Sure. But the title is far from it. Many on nazgrel have attempted "The Grand Crusader" and failed. Vision failed, Juice failed, Chain Pull failed. All great guilds at one point or another. Hundreds of above average players, and only 25 have the title.

As to the block set, without diminishing returns, the adds were easier. The set did not take months and months to collect, just a few lockouts worth. Re glyphing? The mages had to re glyph evocation. No big deal. Unfortunately my old hardrive failed, and i lost hundreds of screenshots/logs etc from back in the day.

Chain Pull realm firsts? Yeah i was trying to get Vision to go get them, but we were working on ToGC. A realm first is a realm first. Whoever gets them, good for them, the longer it takes the easier it is, so at least someone got them eventually right? Lets be real, Nareshnalol has 3 realm first titles, Nax/OS/maly that he earned in <Be Negative>. Did he get them at content? Yeah. He has said multiple times around me that they were inviting the first random bads that hit 80 and pugged the achievs. It's a fight-to-fight basis, some bosses are harder and some are easier. Regardless, a realm first is a realm first. If they were all so easy, they would be completed earlier.

edit- Oh as to the illidan thing; i hope you are not srs... The reason anub is hard is because of the mechanics in place that the stronger you are, the stronger he gets. You can bruteforce both bosses to an extent, but high dps won't kill the boss for you. A better analogy would be Lady Vashj, if noone knows how to throw the core, you cant kill it.
Edited by Edmerlin on 6/22/2011 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
06/22/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Khazaddum
my name has an h in it nakor.

lol sorry buddy fixed! I blame typing in a furious rage!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I can't believe I am saying this, but I kind of agree with Nakor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]