Remove an authentication key from an account

(Locked)

68 Troll Warrior
hi, one of my friend recruited me so we can get x3 xp, but im stuck with the trial version because my retail cd-keys are used by my old account, is there any way i can change this or delete my old acc ?...plz !...thnks
90 Human Death Knight
CD keys are soulbound to the account they are attached to. You will have to buy new keys to upgrade your RaF account.
Support Forum Agent
06/14/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Rosebiere
hi, one of my friend recruited me so we can get x3 xp, but im stuck with the trial version because my retail cd-keys are used by my old account, is there any way i can change this or delete my old acc ?...plz !...thnks

Once authentication keys have been applied to an account they are unable to be transferred to a new account, Rosebiere. If the "old" account has been upgraded less than 30 days ago you may wish to contact Account Services and explain the situation. They may be able to assist in providing either a refund or possibly replacement keys.

f the "old" account was upgraded more than 30 days ago, a new set of authentication keys will be required if you wish to upgrade the new account.
80 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you for your explanations !...i now understad
81 Draenei Shaman
06/04/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Necropanther
in other words just because you bought the game once youve installed it blizzards got you by the balls good luck selling it if you ever get sick of the game lol

Please do NOT necro threads that are a year old.
90 Blood Elf Mage
in other words just because you bought the game once youve installed it blizzards got you

Quite like the End User Licence Agreement of most PC computer games it seems.

Blizzard is not the first, not will they be the last, company to actively monitor authentication keys via their account creation system.

And yes, nice necro.
36 Blood Elf Hunter
in other words just because you bought the game once youve installed it blizzards got you by the balls good luck selling it if you ever get sick of the game lol

Game keys for WoW do not license the software like single person games. The software is free for anyone to download as many times as they like. What you pay for is the key for your account. An account is like a movie or amusement park ticket - once you use it, you can't resell it.

So once you've purchased the game you can sell the box and disks to someone else, but the keys are already used and the buyer would have to buy their own ticket.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]