How to Solo Heroic Dungeons?

Hi,

My main is almost at level 85 and I want to start looking at doing solo Heroic dungeons to get the achievements.

At this stage just looking at BC content.

I was wondering how do you actually set the dungeon to heroic mode? I have the keys from the factions so thats not an issue.

Do you just go through the portal to the instance and right click on your portrait and set the difficulty?

Guild mate told me you need to be in a party of 2 players to set the dungeon to Heroic but does that mean they physically need to be in there with you or just in your party?

Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you right click on your avatar, go to dungeon difficulty and flip it to heroic. then you realise you dont have the key. so get the keys before attempting BC heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hi,

My main is almost at level 85 and I want to start looking at doing solo Heroic dungeons to get the achievements.

At this stage just looking at BC content.

I was wondering how do you actually set the dungeon to heroic mode? I have the keys from the factions so thats not an issue.

Do you just go through the portal to the instance and right click on your portrait and set the difficulty?

Guild mate told me you need to be in a party of 2 players to set the dungeon to Heroic but does that mean they physically need to be in there with you or just in your party?

Thanks for the help.

You can do it solo. You have to toggle heroic difficulty while OUTSIDE the instance, however.

Your guildie is probably thinking of raids. You cannot create a raid group without others.
Reply Quote
thanks heaps
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
For Burning Crusade heroics, you also need to have the keys for the dungeons (they might be removing them in 4.2, not positive on that). Each group of dungeons has a different rep involved, and you need to get honored with that faction to buy the heroic key from the faction quartermaster.

Hellfire Citadel = Thrallmar / Honor Hold (Hellfire Peninsula)
Auchindon(sp?) = Lower City (Shattrath)
Coilfang Reservoir = Cenarian Expedition (Zangarmarsh)
Tempest Keep = Sha'tar (Shattrath)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
BC heroics are easy for any tank or dps level 85 to solo.
Wrath heroics are a bit trickier. A lot of bosses have mechanics that stun you or debuff you and they still do a fair bit of damage (plus level 82 bosses will manage to hit you a lot more often than level 72 bosses could).
A lot of Wrath heroic achievements also require more than one person.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I'm surprised how easy it is to solo Wrath heroics. I've only had trouble with one, where I help some dwarf guy at some alter or something (explorer's league guy, he always dies.... ) I cleared the dungeon, but the stupid dwarf dies on heroic mode.

Otherwise, its pretty easy.

BC ones are insanely easy at 85.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've only had trouble with one, where I help some dwarf guy at some alter or something (explorer's league guy, he always dies.... )

Halls of Stone/Tribunal of Ages & Brann Bronzebeard (the most famous dwarf in Azeroth). And unlike most Wrath heroics that fight was actually a bit hard when it was first released.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]