Why are rogues the least played class?

85 Worgen Druid
I wonder if this blatant mistreatment of the class is a sign of a reward in 4.3. God knows you guys deserve something for sticking with this class and not rerolling DK for Shadowmourne.
85 Worgen Rogue
06/24/2011 04:45 AMPosted by Bagofnuts
I wonder if this blatant mistreatment of the class is a sign of a reward in 4.3. God knows you guys deserve something for sticking with this class and not rerolling DK for Shadowmourne.

Rogue till I die, but I did re-roll Warrior to get my Shadowmourne :)
90 Goblin Rogue
23 pages of people talking about how terrible playing a Rogue is.

I think there might be a problem, Blizzard.

LOL, the problem is when you read the Blue post in this thread...
Blizz does not "see" the problems in this thread...
Rogues are "fine", citizen...
Move along now, nothing to see here, move along....
85 Draenei Shaman
In my opinion, rogues are just not fun to play.

I have trouble getting the desire to level my rogue. When I do, they take massive damage and the dps output solo is nowhere near other classes. I can kill 20+ things in a row with my 81 DK, I have to stop and eat after 3 things on my rogue. Being the least armored melee dps class and a lack of self heals may have something to do with it.
85 Gnome Warlock
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php

cough, warlocks least played, cough cough.
85 Night Elf Druid
That site needs to learn how to make a graph.

Also we're basically tied for level 85s.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=85&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=-1
Edited by Sefus on 6/24/2011 9:11 AM PDT
88 Human Rogue
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php

cough, warlocks least played, cough cough.

This shows that wow will start being the least played soon enough more than anything.
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/24/2011 04:45 AMPosted by Bagofnuts

You would think after 24 pages we would get some points home to Bliz.
85 Human Hunter
06/24/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Timat

It seem we need to try harder.
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/24/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Sudden

So...25 pages?
85 Human Hunter

So...25 pages?

That could help but seriously though lets not take too much of the developers time... because obviously time discussing class mechanics is not important.
85 Undead Mage
Rogues are more of a support class in PvP. You use your stuns and interrupts so higher damage dealers can WTFPWN them. They also do very very very good damage bursts, in PvP or PvE. I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. Rogues are everywhere. Even in PvE, which if you know your class you can easily do alot of damage.
85 Undead Mage
In my opinion, rogues are just not fun to play.

I have trouble getting the desire to level my rogue. When I do, they take massive damage and the dps output solo is nowhere near other classes. I can kill 20+ things in a row with my 81 DK, I have to stop and eat after 3 things on my rogue. Being the least armored melee dps class and a lack of self heals may have something to do with it.
Then you are obviously doing it wrong. When leveling my rogue I one shotted almost every enemy every time. As recuperate is a self heal. It doesnt get you back from 0 to 100% but its decent. Your armor doesnt mean anything.
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/24/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Reloc
Rogues are more of a support class in PvP. You use your stuns and interrupts so higher damage dealers can WTFPWN them. They also do very very very good damage bursts, in PvP or PvE. I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. Rogues are everywhere. Even in PvE, which if you know your class you can easily do alot of damage.

Yes I rolled a stealth class that has no other role OTHER than DPS to....make sure warriors can damage thier targets?

We shouldnt be HELPING higher damage dealers WTFPWN their targets...we should BE the higher damage dealers.

And no we are not very very very good burst damage. Resilliance killed burst damage.

Support role is for healers and people who like to use tank specs in PvP.
Edited by Timat on 6/24/2011 1:39 PM PDT
2 Gnome Warlock
06/24/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Reloc

Wait, what pve damage bursts do we have? Certainly nothing compared to most casters anyway. Our cooldowns are either lackluster (cold blood / killing spree), or keyboard breaking (adrenaline rush). Neither produces amazing burst. And our target swapping burst doesnt exist. Redirecting 5cp to a new target for an evis will do about 15k due to no RvS / mob debuffs. Moving 5cp for envenom doesn't happen since there's no deadly poison stacks on the target.

Rogues currently have no pve burst. We have long ramp up - silly long ramp up - and holy crap what's this rotation ramp up depending on your chosen spec.
Edited by Kaize on 6/24/2011 2:02 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
Where your damage comes from won't necessarily help make the rogue class more attractive.

Quality of life is a direct impact on class play ability. Especially in the popular players view today vs. Vanilla and BC.
How your damage is done does seem to impact a lot of people's opinion of the class as well.

So that is why I prefer that blizzard does the things they started to do:
Stealth speed increase. Done and it makes it a bit more enjoyable rather than being snared when in stealth.
Resolve the issue of combo points. Huge quality of life issue.
Resolve the issue of mechanics. Bandit's Guile, Killing spree etc.
Resolve the issue of active vs. passive damage.

Not necessarily in that order but those are the points that would help make the class more fun.

Or come out with a Demon Hunter Class so that I can re-roll and with a tear leave behind all the achievements and history of this character.
Edited by Altronix on 6/24/2011 3:16 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I do not see any reason they can't bring rogue dps up to par in pve through yellow damage. Increased health pools have limited burst except in cases where certain specs got out of control in pvp. That was the original reason in wrath and they destroyed the gameplay of mutilate because of it. Make Mutilate and envenom yellow damage mean something and in turn expertise. It is fun when you hit a button and you see damage on your screen. It is not fun when you hit mutilate then see a poison proc crit for more.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Rogues need to be made more rogue-ish. Imo, pickpocket should grant the rogue a lot more "Rogue's drought" than it already does. A few fun additions or abilities would help make them more fun of course, but being a rogue can be aggravating in combat... yes, in combat. Killing spree often kills the rogue and bandit's guile is frustrating when switching targets. They should be given a dmg boost maybe at the loss of a bit of survivability, like in the patch. Assassin and combat should get a buff since they are the designated PvE specs and often preform subpar.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]