Why are rogues the least played class?

32 Human Priest
Because Resto doesnt suck.
If it did, you wouldnt be the least played class.

obligatory shaman qq
85 Night Elf Rogue
06/19/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Aur
we're all switching to warriors.

I actually switched from my warrior to my rogue for Cata. I figured they already got enough love with the insane DPS and Shadowmourne.

Boy, do I feel stupid now.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Because Resto doesnt suck.
If it did, you wouldnt be the least played class.

Unlikely. even if all three shaman specs were suffering, they offer different enough playstyles to where people would enjoy them. of course, if we're going into specs, i guess I can reiterate one reason why no one plays rogues- all dps means in reality, no specs are a priority. cant say the same for shaman.
3 Gnome Rogue
we're all switching to warriors.

I actually switched from my warrior to my rogue for Cata. I figured they already got enough love with the insane DPS and Shadowmourne.

Warriors have been top dps every exp by the end and got legendaries every exp I don't think that will end until wow does.
Edited by Nettiny on 6/19/2011 11:25 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been playing my Aff Lock alt and it wasn't until now that I realized how badly melee gets *****ed on.

Also, Soul Swap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Redirect
Edited by Scamp on 6/20/2011 12:19 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
06/20/2011 12:52 AMPosted by Ripplie
Rogues have taken a sharp turn downward since certain persons became decision makers.

What exactly are you implying here?
Edited by Torpedo on 6/20/2011 8:23 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I like my rogue, I find it easy. I am usually top dps in most 5 man heroics depending in the fight.
Single target I can beat out most, but some times I get the feeling that maybe they just suck at what they do.
I do have trouble getting into a raid group, could be the lack of need or my failing to have some enchants so I have only downed Magmaw and halfus. Would be nice to get the other ones down as well, but I guess that will have to wait untill blizz makes us a little more usefull...I do get interrupt duty alot so I guess we are good for something.
Regardless its fun to play in my opinion.
85 Worgen Druid
i dont know about raid progression but i gotta say i tried leveling one twice but ended up deleting it. reason was this. i loved stealth and sap, but, i hated how my survivability suffered when i went toe to toe against something. i mean ive level a druid, shaman, dk, warrior, warlock, paladin all at 85 except the paladin and warrior at 83. even though the warrior and lock didnt have the healing arsenal of the rest (dks just dont die >.> i could take on anything and come out alive) they still felt...strong like they could hold their own. for the rogue, if my cds like, vanish or gouge were down i was stuck in a hard place when more than 2 mobs were concerned.

now i know the skill to a rogue is that u cherry pick ure target and how to attack it. but still, in many cases i got bored early and just tired of the OH *%*% moments. i mean i have oh *%*% moments on my lock and warrior, but i love how i can deal with it, stun isnt just a throwdown or concussive blow, but hamstring run away, charge back in is sweet too.

i dunno must be just preference.

85 Blood Elf Rogue
i dont know about raid progression but i gotta say i tried leveling one twice but ended up deleting it. reason was this. i loved stealth and sap, but, i hated how my survivability suffered when i went toe to toe against something. i mean ive level a druid, shaman, dk, warrior, warlock, paladin all at 85 except the paladin and warrior at 83. even though the warrior and lock didnt have the healing arsenal of the rest (dks just dont die >.> i could take on anything and come out alive) they still felt...strong like they could hold their own. for the rogue, if my cds like, vanish or gouge were down i was stuck in a hard place when more than 2 mobs were concerned.

I'd like to point out that this post perfectly describes the dilemma with the rogue class. Without CDs, you really do feel rather helpless. Even with them, going toe-to-toe is somewhat rocky.
7 Draenei Mage
06/20/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Suprêmacy
i dont know about raid progression but i gotta say i tried leveling one twice but ended up deleting it. reason was this. i loved stealth and sap, but, i hated how my survivability suffered when i went toe to toe against something.

I recently lvled a druid and rogue to lvl 10 the rogue almost died to every mob pull. While the druid a rejuv could heal through 5mobs keeping you at full hp the whole time lol. Something like that will turn alot off from the class and even with recup which for some reason is lvl 12 it still can't heal through one mob you just go to half hp rather than almost dead.

Recup is just to weak with the low hp before 85 yet one heal from prot, ret, feral, enh, ele, etc etc will heal you to full from lvl 1 to about lvl 70ish
Edited by Chilling on 6/20/2011 10:28 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
06/19/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Nettiny

Warriors have been top dps every exp by the end and got legendaries every exp I don't think that will end until wow does.

this. a hard and time-consuming lesson learned for sure, but aside from a few stretches where warriors were underpowered at the very beginning of an xpac, they usually get buffed to ridiculous levels and remain that way for the xpac's duration. just a safe bet to stick with a warrior if you wish to play melee.
90 Tauren Warrior
You know its bad when a feral kitty druid, a spec/form that mimics rogues and has less tools than the class, is more fun to play than any spec of rogue (PvP or PvE, makes no difference).

Rolled a Feral and a rogue a few months back with BoAs, the rogue never made it past Lv20 before I ragedeleted him out of boredom and aggravation; meanwhile the druid is cruising into Outland and I'm not even slightly bored with him yet.
85 Draenei Shaman
I GOT IT!

There are plenty of rogues out there, but they're all in stealth mode during census polls!
100 Human Rogue
I'm in your game, hiding from your census man.
90 Orc Shaman
I browsed through some responses here and I have to say, seeing someone say Warlocks are tough to level made me laugh out loud. There is no class in the game that's tough to level anymore. Rogues used to be pretty bad, but Recup basically fixed that completely.

That being said, rogues are definitely in the category of "people that need fixes." Less ramp-up and less penalty for target-switching (the two go hand in hand actually) is the best place to fix this. But I doubt they will.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]