Public Service Announcement

85 Undead Warlock
Hey, so, I haven't posted on these forums in forever, but since I've recently started playing regularly again, I thought I would say hello to all you fine Khaz Modanians. So: Hello!

But there is another reason I felt compelled to post, one that affects not only me, not only you, but--from the most incompetent bads, to the marginally-more-competent bads--every player on our server.

A great evil is upon us all, and only by standing boldly together can we ward off this impending doom. I fear it may already be too late, but I implore you: do not let the dearth of hope justify continued inaction, nor the fear of failure preclude the struggle for success. Khaz Modan, I beg of you, do not go gentle into that good night.

What, you ask, is this foe we face? What portents herald the ultimate downfall of Khaz Modanian society? For fear of the terror that a blunt answer may provoke, I will instead answer with a simple question:

What the hell happened to our forums?

I mean, seriously, back in the day they were active, lively hubs of banter and trolling, political debate and camaraderie. But now, they seem a barren wasteland with neither wit nor malice to be found.

What happened to Cata #1 threads? What happened to Lupacob pretending everybody didn't hate him? What happened to Gorehowl pretending he knew how to play? What happened to Devildwarf--or whatever the latest in his series of increasingly ridiculous names was--pretending that his self-esteem did not, in fact, depend entirely on whether he was able to ask nerds if they happened to be angry? (Okay, on that last one, I know exactly what happened: he posted some huge, defensive rant about how a nerd was mad and he was elite and to check out his achievements and oh, by the way, he got laid this one time three years ago SO THERE, except that the post provoking his outburst wasn't actually referring to him, and he never posted anything of substance again. That was a sad day.) Is that sad example of a troll thread the best you can do these days? Insulting three players nobody cares about in a guild nobody has heard of? Asking "umad" in response? For shame, Khaz Modanians. For shame.

We have grown complacent, Khaz Modan. While we sat idly by and lost ourselves in the grind of our daily endeavors, while we endeavored to do dailies, we missed the fact that the soul of our server was dying a slow death. This whole thread about "what if there was ever an intellectual discussion on Khaz Modan" is exactly what I'm talking about. You know what? There used to be intellectual discussions--both in trade and on the forums--all the time. But the sad truth is that, apparently, those days have passed; those who are here no longer remember, and those who remember are no longer here.

Let's be honest, a good sense of community is pretty much the only thing Khaz Modan has going for it. People don't come or stay here for the thriving, world-class raiding scene; we're a small pond with some very loud, very average fish. What this server offered was never about the game, but about those who played it. If we forget that, if we allow these forums to remain a stagnant, silent ruin, then all will be lost.

My fellow Khaz Modanians, the need for action is dire and the time to act is now. Rise up, reclaim your identity, and fend off this insidious, creeping, lethal apathy before it is too late.

Thank you.

Also, nice to see you all again!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Yeah, i have received several 3 day bans due to using that "warrior ability" guilds name in vain

Wait, I thought only Paladins could cast Retribu...ohhhhhhh, I get it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Forum alt trolling happened. Guilds became embittered with one another as personal and private information was leaked all over and no one could trace the sources and things went from friendly and joking rivalry to flatout, seething hatred.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
yes there are certain people from that warrior ability guild that randomly like to ban people
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
It's the effects of a ageing game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
06/17/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Khyrron
(Okay, on that last one, I know exactly what happened: he posted some huge, defensive rant about how a nerd was mad and he was elite and to check out his achievements and oh, by the way, he got laid this one time three years ago SO THERE, except that the post provoking his outburst wasn't actually referring to him, and he never posted anything of substance again. That was a sad day.)

I remember that. Sweet jesus that was some funny stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Can we learn to count again?

"Warrior Ability"
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Cata people posted on this topic its sooo getting deleted.
It may be the booze talkin but awesome post Kyrron I luled made my day.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Cata people posted on this topic its sooo getting deleted.
It may be the booze talkin but awesome post Kyrron I luled made my day.

I'd imagine it's the booze. Usually the reaction to my post is something along the lines of TL;DR...but I figured I haven't posted on here in forever, might as well try and make it an interesting one.

Also, it saddens me to see the lack of participation. Gorehowl didn't even take the bait when I brought him up; day camp probably isn't out yet though, so I guess that makes sense.

<3 Gorehowl #1 6ez
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
RIP Growlyhowly. RIP.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
my acount has been torn asunder

hahahahahaha get it

It has? Sounds like quite the cataclysm for you, perhaps you should seek retribution against those scoundrels.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

hahahahahaha get it

It has? Sounds like quite the cataclysm for you, perhaps you should seek retribution against those scoundrels.

I think he's Not Interested.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

hahahahahaha get it

reported
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]