Chopping and You: An Enhance PvP Primer

(Locked)

85 Goblin Shaman
So I just recently started PvP'ing as enhance on my shaman. Is it worth it to DL Shaman Friend?
85 Goblin Shaman
What if you dont want to PVP when you get to 85?

PvE guide?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827665015
So do you have any tips for people actually trying to get the gear for arenas? I just leveled, i've got a few pieces but every time I try and join a battleground or arena for more points I simply get slaughtered by the wayyyy better geared people. Any tips on what to do?

Oh, and you're on my realm :D *High five*
90 Night Elf Druid
This was extremely helpful to me with my shaman i had a lot of questions about spec and glyphs but mainly about stat priority
85 Dwarf Shaman
Thank you for this guide Clous, it has helped heaps.
84 Orc Death Knight
I don't mean this condescendingly, but is Enh really viable in PvP outside of a niche role nowadays? I've played one up until around level 70 and loved Enh, but stopped playing him just because they weren't good at PvP.
70 Gnome Warrior
ENH/frost dk/ hpally thoughts? 3v3
85 Human Paladin
do u feel that

Ret paladin + Enhance Shaman comp

is viable in arenas?

Why and why not? explain pls
90 Troll Shaman
Nice post, thanks for the share i am looking over this for my offspec of enhance ;)
90 Orc Shaman
In 2s ret + enh is quite powerful, as both are strong off-healers and can keep each other topped off if the shaman isn't at MW5 or the paladin has WoG on CD. The shaman harasses, especially casters, and slows the target while the ret bursts it down, while the comp chain repent, hex, HoJ on the other enemy.
86 Draenei Shaman
Here are some useful macros I started using just recently:

/cast [@none] Frostbrand Weapon
/use 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

/cast [@none] Flametongue Weapon
/use 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

These macros effectively allow you to switch your offhand imbue on the fly, I've found literally no drawbacks to this. It's absolutely awesome to have the great control of frostbrand and the stronger damage of flametongue without messing up your main-hand or clicking off buffs.

Edit: It is also worthy to note that WF is best mainhand because the WF attacks are considered standard melee attacks and can therefore proc Maelstrom Weapon in order to increasing healing output.
Edited by Heartofshade on 2/6/2012 2:19 PM PST
85 Troll Shaman
I looked around and didn't see anyone who asked about this, but I can't help but get ripped apart by a rogue.

The first problem I run into is with Stone Claw Totem. I can get 14 seconds on the shield but it's a 20 second cool down which leaves me with 6 painfully long seconds of vulnerability. Add sap into the picture and an able rogue can calmly watch the shield fall off. At this point my stomach knots as I despair about what's about to happen.

Cheap shot opener: Oh how I now hope that they start with this. Shamanistic Rage helps me survive and a trinket + wolves creates a gap should they shadow dance into a second one.

Garrotte: I just flat out die. It's like they cut through mail armor like butter and I can't even cast my defensive cool downs. I would drop totems since I'm silenced but even there I'm at a loss. Stone claw will still be on CD and earth bind usually isn't enough to escape. Kidney shot soon follows and shadow dance undoubtedly seals the deal.

Then there is the dilemma of how to proceed (given that I somehow survived). I have to kite to continue staying alive but 7k recuperation ticks make those efforts seem trivial. Going toe-to-toe also isn't an option as his damage will destroy me. It's a fight that I honestly feel like I have no control over.

So, how do the more experienced enhancement shamans deal with rogues?
Edited by Zippidy on 2/7/2012 8:31 PM PST
87 Orc Shaman
I think it's funny that the original thread is 99% about "how to build your Enhance Shaman" with very little of it is actually about playing the class/spec.

What does that say about WoW gameplay?

I don't know.

I do like my Shaman though...I'm kind of a beast in Battlegrounds.
85 Orc Shaman
Scroll of resurrection too good. Will update "soon"
90 Draenei Shaman
03/15/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Clous

OMG IT'S A CLOUS! IT CANNOT BE!
90 Tauren Shaman
03/15/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Clous

A wild Clous appears!
90 Draenei Shaman
03/15/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Gistwiki

OMG IT'S A CLOUS! IT CANNOT BE!
Yay !
85 Orc Shaman
Going to take some time to catch up on questions.
A question regarding Elemental Devastation and Static Shock. Assuming you take Reverb and Spark of Life, and it seems foolish not to in most pvp situations, only one of ED or SS can be maxed out without losing important enhancement talents. I'm on the fence as to whether the 30% extra proc chance for SS or the 9% extra crit chance is more valuable, seeing as how the 9% crit will lead to more flurrys, which in turn leads to more WF and Maelstroms. Seeing as how our burst is pretty closely tied to those, it seems like ED is a pretty valuable talent to max out.

It seems as though the loyal choppers prefer SS, and I'd like to know why. I'd also like to hear what shaman who spec ED think as well. Thank you in advance.

The general consensus is that ED is better for targets you will not have acceptable uptime on, while the opposite would put SS in favor.

The main issue I personally have with the talent is simply consistency. I really don't like to rely on rng more than I have to. For that regard, alot less dice rolling with static shock. Having to crit on a spell to gain more crit is eh.. Its strong for sure, but not at all consistent. Whereas with static shock I basically have a flip of a coin chance to add 3k or so damage to my main burst abilities.

That said, if you do go ED you can feel alot more comfortable replacing lightning shield glyph with say.. shamanistic rage which can have its benefits although I still hate that glyph since it procs UA which is true terror.
So trying arenas for the first time and it's awful.

At 4k resil in Elemental and 3600 in Enhance, I die in a bladestorm

QQ

I am experiencing this as I have come back and am a season behind in gear. Sadly, stats scaled way too hard so gear is much less forgiving. Once you gear up it gets slightly better, but you do die fairly quickly to certain classes.
85 Orc Shaman
10/13/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Abstracted
So I just recently started PvP'ing as enhance on my shaman. Is it worth it to DL Shaman Friend?

It's not a gamebreaking pvp addon. It's more a preference thing as per most addons. The only
"mandatory" addons I believe currently are omni-cc, gladius, and the enabling of in game snowfallkeypress. Past that is just icing on the cake.

So do you have any tips for people actually trying to get the gear for arenas? I just leveled, i've got a few pieces but every time I try and join a battleground or arena for more points I simply get slaughtered by the wayyyy better geared people. Any tips on what to do?

Oh, and you're on my realm :D *High five*

Bot!

I kid, I kid. Lots of liquor? My local supermarket had a fantastic deal on some baileys. Getting geared is really, really unfun in every meaning of that word. Try and truck through it. Once you get gear you get to be the guy e-bullying!
12/06/2011 02:28 AMPosted by Cleav
ENH/frost dk/ hpally thoughts? 3v3

Solid comp. Work on synergy and its a 2.2k quality team easy.
do u feel that

Ret paladin + Enhance Shaman comp

is viable in arenas?

Why and why not? explain pls

See above. Except 2's is street rules so don't expect it to be a fun ride. Ever get counterpicked in 3's? Times that by 20. Still a very good comp though, 2's is just silly currently.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]