Terenas xfers...

6 Troll Rogue
Have not played here for a while but seems very dead at least horde side any word if they will offer free xfers off....would be nice so i can make use of my toons
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Think you missed the point of dead servers. They don't offer free xfers off but i'm sure in the near future they will offer free xfers from a big server to terenas.
Reply Quote
The problem is that Bliz designated Terenas as a preferred server for new people so a lot of people left.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I was thinking about returning to Terenas when I hit 85...
Wish I knew where all the good times went.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/08/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Ebru
The problem is that Bliz designated Terenas as a preferred server for new people so a lot of people left.

Terenas is now designated as a medium population server, and thank goodness, no longer a "New Player" server....last i checked
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm sorry, but aren't new players a good thing?
I mean, sure they spend some time in the fire,
Their hotkeys aren't set up for maximum efficiency,
Maybe they still don't understand macros, or have any add-ons downloaded,
And maybe they still cast spells while tanking, or turn their back while being attacked...

But its not hard to teach people to be good, right?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm sorry, but aren't new players a good thing?
I mean, sure they spend some time in the fire,
Their hotkeys aren't set up for maximum efficiency,
Maybe they still don't understand macros, or have any add-ons downloaded,
And maybe they still cast spells while tanking, or turn their back while being attacked...

But its not hard to teach people to be good, right?

One of the issues with that isn't so much that new players are "bad"...its that they aren't sure if they're going to play enough to support things like Raiding, Arenas etc. By adding new players, Blizzard isn't giving Horde or Alliance and influx of people who already want to ( and are geared to ) do 85 PvP and Raiding.

Many Guilds ...even 10 mans are short raid slots due to loss of interest in the current X-Pac ( I think MMO had the number at 900,000 subscriptions dropped since Cataclysm release ). So its not a suprise that a server like ours saw some effect from that since we may be medium in population, but smaller when it comes to progression raiding or hardcore Arena numbers. I'm sure most Guild Masters and serious PvP Team Leaders will tell you its tough to recruit folks ( esp with the low numbers on Horde side). Brand new players don't fill that role.

With Star Wars hitting on 12/20, Guild Wars and some other games...its no wonder Blizzard is offering Diablo3 for free with a 1 yr subscription to WoW and rolling out videos of Isle of Pandarea...those games may not be WoW Killers, but they'll take a small chunk. Original Everquest let small to medium servers float like this too long before they merged them and they lost more players that they should have due to boredom. Merging Terenas with a small Horde heavy server wouldn't be such a horrid idea.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Terenas never was the cream of the crop when it came to the pool of decent players, but it had good people for the most part.

Secondly. The new age crowd doesn't usually want to learn, nor does blizzard want to teach them.

Merging servers seems like the best bet... my Red Friends need it bad. I would so play more of my Horde characters if they actually played more consistently.
Edited by Vìser on 11/7/2011 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]