How to turn off auto-attack?

43 Undead Rogue
Whenever I shadowstep, I auto-attack the target in the back, and usually have to vanish and try again :@.

Help?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/cast Shadowstep
/stopattack
Reply Quote
43 Undead Rogue
But when you hover of autoattack in your spellbook, it says this ability can be toggled on and off.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
using the macro command /stopattack will stop you from auto-attacking until you either;
-start attacking by right clicking
-click the Auto Attack button
-use the macro command /startattack
-use another skill that turns on auto-attack (Sinister Strike, for example).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Are you right clicking on the mob before activating Shadowstep? If you are, that would be what is causing you to auto-attack after Shadowstepping. Don't right click the mob, left click it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
That's not what he is asking. He's talking about the auto attack found in the general tab of the spellbook. when you hover the mouse over it, it says at the very bottom "this ability can be toggled on or off" and I too would like to know where that toggle is located as well :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well if you press it and start attacking a target, you can press it again and you'll stop attacking.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/15/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Zaros
That's not what he is asking. He's talking about the auto attack found in the general tab of the spellbook. when you hover the mouse over it, it says at the very bottom "this ability can be toggled on or off" and I too would like to know where that toggle is located as well :)

You drag Auto Attack to your action bars, and then hit it to turn auto attack on and off.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warrior
Seems retarded to have it state ability to turn on/off when it has to be done each time. I want it PERMANENTLY OFF
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Holy necro batman...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]