Transferring BoA gear to different realms

90 Tauren Warrior
I recently put in a ticket to a GM asking when we would be able to transfer our BoA gear from one realm to another via the mail system. They responded saying that to the best of their knowledge this was not in any current plans. The only way to this this would be to put all of your BoA gear on to a toon and then transfer that toon to a new realm. This is very discouraging to me because I have worked hard to acquire the gear and it even says that it is bound to your battle.net account. I think that Blizzard should work on this to help people like me that don't want to have to work up toons in multiple realms so they can all have the BoA gear. I would think that we should be able to send it to various realms by sending it by mailbox using something like ToonName/ RealmDestination. If anyone else agrees with me, please put in your thoughts as well. I'm thinking that the more people express their interest in this, the more likely Blizzard might work on making this happen.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you would read the occasional blue post, you would learn that this is something Blizzard has commented many times that they are working on, but do not yet have an a timeline for when it might be fully functional.

I do agree though that the "Bind-to-Account" can be a little misleading. It might be better if for now they labeled the items as "Bind-to-Realm" or something like that.
Edited by Drelnu on 6/17/2011 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I do agree though that the "Bind-to-Account" can be a little misleading. It might be better if for now they labeled the items as "Bind-to-Realm" or something like that.

Bind to Realm would be even more inaccurate as they are not bound to a single realm though.
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Warlock
How do you figure partner?

I can send boa's to my alliance guy on this realm. I cannot sent to my characters on my account on other realms.

Seems to be realm bound is correct.

If you give them to a toon and pay to transfer that toon, the items will go.
Thus, they are not realm bound.
Reply Quote

Bind to Realm would be even more inaccurate as they are not bound to a single realm though.

How do you figure partner?

I can send boa's to my alliance guy on this realm. I cannot sent to my characters on my account on other realms.

Seems to be realm bound is correct.

The lack of cross realm mailing does not mean there is no way to transfer items across realms. Realm transfers do still exists, and while they are by no means the optimal way to send items across realms, it does exist as a way to get items from realm A to realm B.

Bound to realm is a false labeling as no item is technically bound to a realm. BoE, BoP, BoA and even items without any sort of binding restriction such as food items are transferable from realm to realm via a paid realm transfer.

The binding restrictions are not stating what can be done with the items, but what can not be done with the item. The item can not be traded once equipped, picked up, or can't be traded off the account.

Every item is realm bound with this particular exception. This is the only exception, therefore realm-bound is still accurate.

How is it accurate? There is a system to transfer the items to another realm, thus proving the items to not be realm bound. The lack of the ideal system to transfer BoAs across realms does not mean that a current viable solution doesn't exist.
Edited by Snooptrogg on 6/17/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's only misleading if you don't know what "bind" means. There's a helpful FAQ here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2657515941#5
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Back in my day we didn't have any BoA items and we still managed to walk uphill in the snow to raids.
Reply Quote
06/17/2011 08:12 AMPosted by Choonster
It's only misleading if you don't know what "bind" means. There's a helpful FAQ here:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2657515941#5">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2657515941#5</a>

Awesome, i was looking for that.

06/17/2011 08:15 AMPosted by Garchomp
Back in my day we didn't have any BoA items and we still managed to walk uphill in the snow to raids.

i assume this had to be done barefoot and while carrying the family cow?
Edited by Snooptrogg on 6/17/2011 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Warlock
Every item is realm bound with this particular exception. This is the only exception, therefore realm-bound is still accurate.

Realm bound is not accurate.
Nothing is realm bound.
That would imply it cannot be moved off the realm- and that is simply not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
i too would like to mail my BoA's to myAlt@otherRealm
Reply Quote
06/17/2011 08:23 AMPosted by Fiercerhino
Then it should be "Binds to Account on whichever realm the item was purchased"

Also inaccurate though. They are not bound to that specific realm now, and in the future as blizzard is working on a better solution to cross realm transfers of heirlooms it will become even more inaccurate.
Reply Quote
If 'Bind to Account' is misleading because you can't transfer them to characters on the same account on a different realm, then I would argue that renaming it to 'Bind to Realm' is misleading because you wouldn't be able to trade the item to any character on that realm.

If you wanted a name that wasn't misleading, it would be something like 'Binds to Account and Realm' which is just stupidly long :P
Edited by Randalthorr on 6/17/2011 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]