Buffs, online status, location. Also...

85 Tauren Paladin
06/20/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Straton
Presences would be sweet too. For the same reason.

It is unlikely that we'll ever expose online presence information, mostly for technical reasons. We have been exploring the idea of displaying the zone that you were in when you logged out though.

If this is the case, can we please have the option to opt. out of it? I feel that's a bit intrusive. Similar case being people suggesting showing off currency counts and such. I do not want others knowing how much gold I have, or any of my alts have. (I know this isn't exactly the topic but exposure of data is so I am making this comment anyway.)
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
If this is the case, can we please have the option to opt. out of it? I feel that's a bit intrusive. Similar case being people suggesting showing off currency counts and such. I do not want others knowing how much gold I have, or any of my alts have. (I know this isn't exactly the topic but exposure of data is so I am making this comment anyway.)

Let us not get whipped up into a frenzy over something that isn't planned. Take comfort in knowing that if we were to do that feature, and we currently are not, it would be a ways away given the backlog of other more important features to implement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Wouldn't worry about the gold thing... The WoW Armory doesn't even show what gold-related statistics you've earned, to avoid making obvious hack targets. (Note, I specify statistics, not achievements).

In-game, your statistics page has a Wealth tab. On the Armory, you don't.
Edited by Solarus on 6/21/2011 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like how I essentially elaborated all of this at the top of the thread. :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
06/21/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Straton

Let us not get whipped up into a frenzy over something that isn't planned. Take comfort in knowing that if we were to do that feature, and we currently are not, it would be a ways away given the backlog of other more important features to implement.

Not 'whipped up' at all. Just making the suggestion that you allow us to opt. out of things if they do arise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]