Bloodsurge and Battle Trance proc addon?

I'm currently using Enraged for a priority tracker, but would like to add something to it to manage bloodsurge and battle trance. I have tried Power Auras in the past but have been unable to get it to work. I downloaded Bloodsurge but it seems to be out of date because it does not give me notifications on slam procs. Is there anything else that folks are using? Ideally I'd like something that screams at me when I get a bloodsurge proc (anyone else remember "Perfect!"), and something different when I get battle trance.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Try Power Auras again. Go here:

http://powerauras.wikispaces.com/

Edit: Not trying to be a d*ck, it's just really the best add-on for this. The wiki page walks you through using it and it's really not as difficult as you might think.
Edited by Sandbox on 6/20/2011 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I redownloaded it and added the Slam alert aura as dictated in the wiki, and it doesn't work. Is there a section on the wiki that you would recommend that has auras that currently function?

Edit - found a different one that seems to work for Bloodsurge, working on battle trance. Thanks for the help.
Edited by Pepine on 6/20/2011 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Just use your friggin' eyes, man.

I use Enraged, but I turn off the ability queue because it's crap, and I just enable the rage bar and buff/debuff bar.

On my buff/debuff bar, I have
1. Enraged effects
2. Bloodsurge procs
3. Battle Trance procs
4. Executioner stacks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I personally prefer a unique bar setup for it with Satrina Buff Frames. Basically it puts a bar right over my character that only appears when Bloodsurge procs and shows exactly how long I have to use it as the bar goes down to nothing. You never see it unless you have a Bloodsurge proc so it doesn't clutter your screen and yet you can't miss it when it does proc so you are sure not to lose out on DPS that you could be doing (especially if going SMF).

For setup with Satrina Buff Frames simply make a new bar and have it show only buffs that you select, then choose Bloodsurge from the spell list it has. You can then size it, position it, etc wherever you want based on your UI.

As a secondary thing to make it even more noticeable I also use MSBT (Mik Scrolling Battle Text) and have a sound notification for Bloodsurge proc so I get both a Bar & timer & sound notification. I find that combination makes it so I never miss any procs, doesn't clutter my UI and lets me know just by listening in case I have to be focusing on watching some particular fight mechanic.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I personally prefer a unique bar setup for it with Satrina Buff Frames. Basically it puts a bar right over my character that only appears when Bloodsurge procs and shows exactly how long I have to use it as the bar goes down to nothing. You never see it unless you have a Bloodsurge proc so it doesn't clutter your screen and yet you can't miss it when it does proc so you are sure not to lose out on DPS that you could be doing (especially if going SMF).

For setup with Satrina Buff Frames simply make a new bar and have it show only buffs that you select, then choose Bloodsurge from the spell list it has. You can then size it, position it, etc wherever you want based on your UI.

As a secondary thing to make it even more noticeable I also use MSBT (Mik Scrolling Battle Text) and have a sound notification for Bloodsurge proc so I get both a Bar & timer & sound notification. I find that combination makes it so I never miss any procs, doesn't clutter my UI and lets me know just by listening in case I have to be focusing on watching some particular fight mechanic.

And Battle Trance procs?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Version:4.18; icon:INV_Helmet_06; buffname:Battle Trance; x:160; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; mine:true; speed:2; size:0.17; y:85; texmode:2; finish:0; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:1.04; timer.Texture:OCR; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:67; timer.x:159; timer.Transparent:true

Import that for Battle Trance, adjust how you want it, for Bloodsurge, copy it and change the activation to Bloodsurge and adjust how and where you want it to be.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
why do you need a bloodsurge addon?

I could see battle trance, but bloodsurge puts crap in the middle of your screen, floating combat text, and a noise...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
06/20/2011 01:32 PMPosted by ßamf
And Battle Trance procs?

Track that too, I currently have 10 separate bars in my SBF for tracking various things in various places in my UI. Most of them never show up other then their occasional procs.

You can track as many or as few things as you want in each bar

why do you need a bloodsurge addon?

I could see battle trance, but bloodsurge puts crap in the middle of your screen, floating combat text, and a noise...

Custom UI is custom? Not everyone uses any of the default stuff so combat text, locations, etc is all setup exactly how you want, where you want.
Edited by Squirrelnut on 6/20/2011 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]