Healing for dummies?

65 Goblin Shaman
I noticed the end game sticky for healing. Is there a beginners guild for dummies? I have a friend who leveled his tank up to my level and I wish to be his pocket healer. Problem is, I have never healed before.

I have grid. I don't know how to set it up to be optimal. Any help on that would be great.

I'm assuming healing spells will be situational. I guess what I'm looking for is a step by step guide that assumes that someone knows nothing about the class, because that would be me. =)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Secrect's guide is as begginer-friendly as it gets here. While the guide is focused for end-level healing, it does cover the general and basic aspects of Resto Shaman healing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1577519250#9

For addons, that is always personal choice. Find the one you find the most confortable with and stick with that. Personally, I use Grid together with Clique and some Mouseover macros and it works nicely; others will use different addons like Vuhdo, Healbot, etc.
Reply Quote
65 Goblin Shaman
Secrect's guide is as begginer-friendly as it gets here. While the guide is focused for end-level healing, it does cover the general and basic aspects of Resto Shaman healing.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1577519250#9">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1577519250#9</a>

For addons, that is always personal choice. Find the one you find the most confortable with and stick with that. Personally, I use Grid together with Clique and some Mouseover macros and it works nicely; others will use different addons like Vuhdo, Healbot, etc.

Thanks. I skimmed that one and I'll look over it a bit more thoroughly. I'll look into Clique. As for Grid. Is there a "best" way to set it up for shammy healing?
Edited by Bugjuicer on 6/20/2011 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
In the end, the best setup is the one you find comfortable and that gives you the most information you need at the time. You can have Grid display icons on top of the frames for debufs, Earthshield, Riptide, etc., and their duration. All this information comes useful as that way you know who needs a dispel, how many ES stacks remain on whoever has it, who has Riptide and is a potential target for CH for the extra 30% buff from RT, etc.

Everyone has their own setup, so in the end just play around with it until you find one which you think suits your needs nicely.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
There's no best, just make sure you have it set up for the stuff unique to Shaman's as far as indicators go:

Make sure you have an indicator for when your earth shield is up. I think it's default, but might not be. It's best to select it for the border. It will make player's frame green when earth shield is on them.

Also set up an indicator for the Riptide HoT. I set mine up in the bottom right corner.

If you want to monitor your CDs (like riptide, nature's swiftness, etc.) then grab something like ForteXorcist or omniCC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]