Midsummer Event :(

90 Gnome Warrior
I've been a customer for 6 years now and have now participated in 6 midsummer events (maybe 5 might not have been 1 the first year i forget)

That being said.. wheres the fun? I love the idea behind "holiday events" and love how it spices up the game.. Yet.

Theres nothing new AGAIN :( Its the same dailys same quests, and even the same rewards..
Theres once again zero to do.... heck even the food hasnt been updated since cata.

Even the rewards baggie is giving cata level "JP" points.

Why cant we get some updates to this holiday events like you used to do.. Now you just raise the item level on the loot that drops from the "holiday boss". UP the boss level and call it good :( No fun in that

thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I stopped participating in any holiday event when I got my violet proto drake on my main, I suggest you do the same.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Rogue
Holiday events are optional. I never do them on any of my toons.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Either way:

A) This is the same as last year, wth Blizz?

B) Wth Blizz, you waste time making an old event all new but you can't add in a new 5-man heroic?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
06/22/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Tasty

ofcourse they are lol

I didnt say they weren't.. I was simply saying id like to also experience some holiday events again "for the first time" IE updated?

Maybe some new quests.. New lore.. new rewards? My brother in law loves the holiday events also, but hten again he joined about 6 months ago so they are complety new for him. Id like that experience also
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
06/22/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Ravnika
B) Wth Blizz, you waste time making an old event all new but you can't add in a new 5-man heroic?

Because it clearly takes the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT, amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
asgardian..pls go troll someone elses thread : /
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

Because it clearly takes the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT, amirite?

Uh..?

My "A" and "B" scenarios are the complaining that would come to the forums should either situation happen.

A) Just scaling happens.

or

B) Event gets updated and made shiny again

Either way I don't care, I play with a bunch of friends so even content we've run a bunch of times we find ways to make fun and silly.
Edited by Ravnika on 6/22/2011 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I agree with the OP, no reason for midsummer to be the same yet again. Especially now that the very idea of midsummer conflicts with the events of Cataclysm.

Gives me little hope for Hallow's End and Brewfest.
Reply Quote
64 Orc Shaman
06/22/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Tasty

That's the perfect excuse for Blizzard not to touch up anything about it though, right? No it's not...But they'll end up using it anyway.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We update holiday events when we can. Midsummer has actually had at least one major overhaul in its history, with other tweaks and updates here and there.

Since Cataclysm changed pretty much all of the locations for towns, buildings, geography, etc. in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, that required re-placing, by hand, every banner, every fire, every decoration on every building, every quest giver, everything.

So yes it's essentially the same event with updated loot drops this year, but it was no small amount of work just to keep it the same event.

As I said we update holiday events when we can, it's not a guarantee. BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.
Reply Quote
We update holiday events when we can. Midsummer has actually had at least one major overhaul in its history, with other tweaks and updates here and there.

Since Cataclysm changed pretty much all of the locations for towns, buildings, geography, etc. in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, that required re-placing, by hand, every banner, every fire, every decoration on every building, every quest giver, everything.

So yes it's essentially the same event with updated loot drops this year, but it was no small amount of work just to keep it the same event.

As I said we update holiday events when we can, it's not a guarantee. BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.

sugar free candy?

I would always TP the houses of people who gave that crap out. Or the rolls of pennies and toothbrushes. REALLY PEOPLE?!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Edit:

Blue post says it better.
Edited by Ravnika on 6/22/2011 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/22/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Bashiok
BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.

Broom mounts we can keep forever?!?! :D?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage

Even the rewards baggie is giving cata level "JP" points.

24JP is the equivalent of 2 frost emblems if I'm correct.
They couldn't even bother to give an expansion-revalent amount of JP, let alone actual VP
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/22/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Killercaitie
BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.

(that already exists)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
06/22/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Bashiok

ok now this is a reason to keep my sub until at least october.

jk, wasn't unsubbing.

06/22/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Bashiok
(that already exists)

wat.
Edited by Tsilyi on 6/22/2011 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

(that already exists)

I don't know why but that just made me burst out laughing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
(that already exists)

Really? I've never seen any, nor do I know anyone that had one... Learn something everyday I guess!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]