Best cheap Laptop for WoW.

90 Dwarf Warrior
Hey,guys not sure if this is the right thread,but i am looking to buy a laptop for WoW. One that isn't more then $500. I was wodering if any of you,which I know you do,have an idea of what I need. I would rather buy at Wal-Mart as well due to the fact that our town isn't very big and that my mom works there so we get 10% off which isn't much,but would help.

Please help me.
Thanks.
Edited by Chelseyrays on 6/22/2011 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Hey,guys not sure if this is the right thread,but i am looking to buy a laptop for WoW. One that isn't more then $500. I was wodering if any of you,which I know you do,have an idea of what I need. I would rather buy at Wal-Mart as well due to the fact that our town isn't very big and that my mom works there so we get 10% off which isn't much,but would help.

Please help me.
Thanks.

Looked around HP and wasn't too many below 500 except for the minis and guess you don't want that, found a http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=series_detail&category=notebooks&series_name=g6t_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/promo_tile/1/lp_promo_tile1_HP_g6t_622 (lol wow didn't think that link was that long) anyway, you would want to upgrade to a higher graphics card and put on those free upgrades it has

Here is the config from HP I did on this

Color:Would stay the same I guess lol unless you want to pay$25:)

OP System:Default

Recovery:None(You could add it on I guess if you want to pay more)

Total Care:None(It's like $80 if you want HPs support so lol)

Bundle:None(Around $220-$320 for a bundle)

Processor:Eh, I would upgrade this a little if you had extra money around your house lol.I would get the Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-380M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) or if you really have money get the Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-480M Dual Core Processor (2.66GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz(Warning:Using these choices will put you over $500 so if you don't have the money stay with the default option.

Graphics:512MB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6470M Graphics[HDMI, VGA] and if you have money then 1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6470M Graphics [HDMI, VGA].

Memory:FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Hard Drive:Default option yet again if extra money you could get 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Office Software:Default Option

Security:Default

Battery:Default(Only one anyway lol)

Second Battery:Eh you may want to get the 2nd but it's really expensive but meh.

Adapters:None

Display:Default

Optical Drive:Default

Personalization:Default

Networking:Default

Keyboard:Default

Rest:Default or none :).

With the first suggestions I said it comes out to:
Price $589.99*
Instant rebate
-$100.00
Total:
$489.99

With the first suggestion+ the Intel I3
Price $659.99*
Instant rebate
-$100.00
Total:
$559.99
With my main suggestions including battery:
Price $979.98*
Instant rebate
-$132.90
Total:
$847.08

I am not a major computer guy either lol, just giving you a estimate of what you are looking for, to me this computer looks "Ok" just due to your amount of money some of the things are lacking a little.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Games, Gaming, and Hardware would be the more appropriate forum.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Less than 500$? That is pretty much impossible for a laptop that can run WoW decently.

But here are the things to watch out for:

CPU: If you can snag an Intel i3 (or even i5, but 99% not likely), do it. Failing that, try for a Phenom II. Failing that, Athlon is your next best bet.

Video card: Don't buy any laptops that either don't mention what graphics card it comes with, or tells you it comes with "high performing" Intel "HD" graphics. You NEED to ensure it's either an nVidia GeForce or AMD Radeon solution.

HDD: It's not likely you'll find a 7200 RPM drives at this price range. If you can, awesome. You shaved few seconds off the loading time!
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
Just to let you guys know I have been playing the game with my netbook that has an xp operating system. The netbook is only to level up and farm, and quests.

So its choppy at times and not to pleasant but playable, still fun.
I have a gaming laptop but I am more interested in an economical upgrade for the netbook, the laptop Im thinking will be a pleasant upgrade is an I5 and nowadays there getting cheaper, im thinking just a bit over 500
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328

bought that one in april. Don't regret a penny of it.

Plays WoW on medium to high settings at about 40 fps, even in town, (and thats leaning most settings to the 2nd from the top). Plays diablo 3 decently as well. $499

Doubt you'll find a better deal honestly.
Edited by Skyfiredraco on 6/26/2012 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]