Change Account Ownership

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would like to change to name and the email address on this account. How do I go about doing that?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
not sure how youget it change, i think you need to call billing, whos name is it in if not yours?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You cannot, unless you've had a legal name change, or if its in your name and you are giving it to a minor (a dependent of yours) that is coming of age.

In those cases, you call billing and account services.
Edited by Giresse on 6/22/2011 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ownership cannot change unless it is a guardian transferring an account to a minor who has become the age of majority.

A legal name change would not be a change in ownership, but merely an updating of the registered account holder's name.

11. Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of WoW Accounts or Blizzard Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizz should add a form to be able to change the ownership of an account.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
01/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Dynnora
Blizz should add a form to be able to change the ownership of an account.

No they shouldn't as just like was the case in June of last year the sale of accounts is still a direct violation of the ToS and continues to be a direct violation now.

All that having a 'form' to change the ownership of an account will do is promote the sale of accounts.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
What if i am changing the name on my account to my wife's?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/27/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Voltaris

Technically, you're not supposed to be able to do that. But give Billing a ring and see if they can help you out.

Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-762
Argentina: 0800-333-0778
Brazil: 0-800-892-1630
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

As your wife can't play on your account and it's against the ToS to gift, trade or otherwise exchange the account this would be a direct violation.

If your wife wants to get into WoW might I suggest doing Refer-A-Friend and get her her own account.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Accounts cannot be sold, gifted or traded. This is simply not allowed.

The only case of account transfer that is allowed is in the case of a minor who was using the account who has become an adult, and the parent turning the account they used over to their control.
Reply Quote
28 Goblin Shaman
Mindrip, the only people who can change account ownership is Billing, and they do it by a case by case basis. Sometimes they say no, sometimes they are able to do it.

01/27/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Mindrip
Kinda proves all of you wrong don't cha think?

All it proves is that we're all correct :P
Reply Quote
01/27/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Mindrip
Kinda proves all of you wrong don't cha think?

A single anecdote doesn't prove anything. The policy as it is stated says you can't trade/sell/exchange/gift accounts. That was what the question was.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
01/27/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Mindrip
Again the world is not black and white

Which is why they need to call billing. While policies are in place that Blizzard expects its customers to follow, they are neither heartless or ignorant of what happens from time to time. We've seen plenty of instances where Blizzard works with customers and goes above and beyond to assist in these situations. The saber-rattling and provocation is quite unnecessary.
Edited by Wichasha on 1/27/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
90% of people never read it.

Agreed.. but that does not mean that they shouldnt read it.. and that they should not be held to the same rules as everyone else that did.

I didnt read anywhere that its illegal to rob a store, so your saying that its ok for me to do so?

Yeah, thats a little extreeme.. but you see what im saying?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A simple phone call and hey my daughter is now 18 I want the account in her name can blizzard prove its not his daughter they have the same last name?

A birth certificate or other form of legal government ID with the wife's legal name showing that she was under the age of 18 when the account was created would need to be produced. And Blizzard has employees who can verify the validity of provided documents.

Blizzard is a tad smarter than that.
Edited by Maul on 1/27/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]