Fix the Frostlord Scythe

85 Blood Elf Mage
You do realize you put all the main stat itemization to 100% stamina, right?

You realize there's no intellect on this staff, right?

You realize that makes it THE worst caster/healer staff in the game above ilvl 333, right?

Pls tell me that the tooltip just hasn't been updated or something.

Pls give us a reason to actually want this thing for anything other than DEing it.

Thanks,
15 Draenei Hunter
I just got it on one of my chars, I wish they'd cut out half of the stamina and make it intellect. I mean esthetics are nice but if the stats are poorly itemized very few people are going to keep it around just for esthetics.
85 Human Paladin
Do you realize this is the 8th or 9th QQ thread about this?

Do you realize there's a serch function on this forum?

Do you realize there's rules against repeated posts in this forum about the same subject?

Do you realize.....

Oh I give up!
85 Orc Shaman
Well, if you can't get mileage out of it by how awesome it is aesthetically, there's nothing to be done.

Also, working as intended!
70 Draenei Paladin
06/21/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Wrathofkahnn
You realize that makes it THE worst caster/healer staff in the game above ilvl 333, right?

Wrong, there are ilvl 289 greens that are better.
I really hope they fix this staff.
/liked
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You realize its a novelty item from a loot pinata right?

You realize the stats on the scythe are better than many other loot pinata items right?

You realize the primary item for gearing is the cloaks right?

The stats on it are fine.

The reason for wanting it is the on use ability for *gasp* having fun with a novelty item.

Youre welcome.
85 Orc Shaman
06/21/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Orissa
You realize this is a BC item, from back when Warlocks liked Stamina, and the devs simply scaled it up?

Nah. This is a scaled version from the WotLK 232 one. the BC 115 had spirit as a secondary stat.
06/21/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Wrathofkahnn

You realize that you can go kill Jin'do for a better weapon, right?

What makes you think they are going to give away useful 353 items?
70 Draenei Paladin
06/21/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Orissa
You realize this is a BC item, from back when Warlocks liked Stamina, and the devs simply scaled it up?

Incorrect, it always had stam and int before this year.

"The Frostlord's staff is a legacy weapon. When they removed SP from gear existing weapons had int removed from them and placed into stamina and had the spell power on them increased. My guess is that since this is a legacy weapon it just fell prey to whatever script did the conversion and it wasn't adjusted when made for Cataclysm level."
85 Undead Rogue
You realize holidays are for fun (as opposed to the rest of WoW), and you probably shouldnt be gearing up via them, right?
85 Human Paladin
The Frostlord's staff is a legacy weapon. When they removed SP from gear existing weapons had int removed from them and placed into stamina and had the spell power on them increased. My guess is that since this is a legacy weapon it just fell prey to whatever script did the conversion and it wasn't adjusted when made for Cataclysm level content.
85 Night Elf Druid
I suppose I could use it for my resto set for PvP...and that's about it.
OP: Fix ≠ Change.
85 Human Paladin
06/21/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Leckia

"The Frostlord's staff is a legacy weapon. When they removed SP from gear existing weapons had int removed from them and placed into stamina and had the spell power on them increased. My guess is that since this is a legacy weapon it just fell prey to whatever script did the conversion and it wasn't adjusted when made for Cataclysm level."

You are incorrect here are the two previous versions

Frostscythe of Lord Ahune from Wrath

Frostscythe of Lord Ahune from BC

It never had Int, try checking your facts before posting what you claim to be fact.
85 Blood Elf Mage
06/21/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Solaru
OP: Fix ≠ Change.

Except it was broken when they re-itemized items before Cata's launch.

I've had many versions of this staff. It's totally awesome. Would be nice if we could actually use it on a regular basis.

@ ppl who said "go kill Jindo" . . . you realize you actually have to kill a boss for the Frost Lord Scythe right? Many, many times if you're not lucky. They don't just hand it out.

Maybe all the holiday mounts should move at 60% speed, so that they're not really usable but just "novelty" items too . . .
Edited by Wrathofkahnn on 6/21/2011 11:48 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Mage
06/21/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Anextiomarus

It never had Int, try checking your facts before posting what you claim to be fact.

You realize that int was almost worthless in Wrath right? That SP was the key stat, right?

They re-itemized (or changed itemization, whatever you want to call it) so that Int gives regen, SP, and crit chance. Thus you'd think they'd fix the weapon to reflect that.
85 Human Paladin

Because those have been changed since they are legacy weapons.

Here's a screenshot of the level 70 version: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/february/frostscythelordahune.jpg
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]