Fix the Frostlord Scythe

85 Human Paladin

You are incorrect here are the two previous versions

Frostscythe of Lord Ahune from Wrath

Frostscythe of Lord Ahune from BC

It never had Int, try checking your facts before posting what you claim to be fact.

Because those have been changed since they are legacy weapons.

Here's a screenshot of the level 70 version: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/february/frostscythelordahune.jpg

I stand corrected but I seriously doubt there will be any "FIX"

Mostly because I doubt Blizz would agree that it's broken.
90 Human Warrior
Do you realize this is the 8th or 9th QQ thread about this?

Do you realize there's a serch function on this forum?

Do you realize there's rules against repeated posts in this forum about the same subject?

Do you realize.....

Oh I give up!

and your point is?
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Maybe all the holiday mounts should move at 60% speed, so that they're not really usable but just "novelty" items too . . .

You do realize that mounts are usable by everyone and thus no one would complain that only certain classes got the novelty of a special looking mount that functioned normally. The scythe on the other hand is not usable by everyone and if it was more than a novelty item and actually a useful item do you realize there would be more QQ about that than your dumb QQ about it being a not so useful novelty item? And like I said you are lucky it even has some useful stats. Why dont you complain about the Hallowed Helm while you are at it?
85 Blood Elf Priest
06/21/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Ken
I doubt Blizz would agree that it's broken.

Its not so much that its broken as much as it wasnt given much attention because all the Developer Juice is being pumped into the more meaningful content like Firelands. I wouldnt be surprised to see them hotfix the scythe, reforging half the stam into intel.

Pretty much this. However, I wouldn't expect them to do it before 4.2, and I wouldn't even necessarily expect a hotfix. However, in the next minor patch after firelands, I could see them making a change like that.

It's not an important enough problem to hold firelands up for, and nowhere near important enough to hotfix. It's like when the BS entry level caster weapon was over budget in wotlk. It didn't get hotfixed, it just got updated in the next regularly scheduled patch (3.08, I believe).

That was an over budget item too. There's no indication that this item is under budget. It's budget is just spent inappropriately due to an overly simplistic scaling calculation that didn't correctly account for the pre-cata changes.
90 Undead Warlock
06/21/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Murianna
You realize that makes it THE worst caster/healer staff in the game above ilvl 333, right?

What makes you think they are going to give away useful 353 items?

I personally don't buy that. First of all, it's not like they are just giving it away. You have a small chance at getting it in the satchel. You can't farm for this item, you have to be lucky. Second, it was useful back in BC and Wrath so why would they have changed their minds now? Plus, why make it a 353 and give it good stats (minus intellect) if it's just supposed to be a flavor item?

It's not the end of the world that it sucks, like you said you can get much better stuff from the Zandalari dungeons. However it doesn't change that it looks like an oversight on Blizzard's part. I highly doubt it's an intended situation.
Community Manager
Making it ideal (stat-wise) now and it would stomp all over ZA/ZG weapons. It's fairly trivial to obtain so we're just not really willing to do that.

The solution we're considering would be to make it a 346 blue, but there are some designer-y issues and side effects of what a change like that would cause. Either way I don't think we would be keeping it purple and giving it Int or otherwise making the stats more ideal.

But anyway, those cloaks are pretty sweet, huh?
70 Draenei Paladin
Making it ideal (stat-wise) now and it would stomp all over ZA/ZG weapons. It's fairly trivial to obtain so we're just not really willing to do that.

The solution we're considering would be to make it a 346 blue, but there are some designer-y issues and side effects of what a change like that would cause. Either way I don't think we would be keeping it purple and giving it Int or otherwise making the stats more ideal.

Please, I wouldn't mind it being a 346 blue, it would just be nice for it to be useful and not vendor trash for every single class and spec.
85 Human Paladin
06/21/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Bashiok

wouldn't it be exactly equal to the ZA/ZG weapons being the same item level and all?
90 Draenei Paladin
Whoa whoa whoa. There are items in the game that are just awesome looking, but not really usefull???

TO THE FORUMS!
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh, man. The influx of rage, now that a blue has posted, will skyrocket.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
06/21/2011 12:20 PMPosted by Leckia
Please, I wouldn't mind it being a 346 blue, it would just be nice for it to be useful and not vendor trash for every single class and spec.

i got one for looks last year and kept it. Unless the model was updated to be ubercool then vendor trash is indeed all it will be
90 Human Warlock

Don't want cloak.

Want mini pets.

What happened to re-adding the scortchling to the game? >_>
85 Blood Elf Priest

There's a difference between ideal stats and actually having a primary stat. I think most would be okay if the secondary stats were a little underwhelming, but being completely devoid of primary stats does seem a bit much, even as someone who doesn't have any particular need for it.

Also, why is it okay to stomp all over the zg/za cloak (to use your words), but not the zg/za weapons?
Edited by Mescyn on 6/21/2011 12:25 PM PDT
1 Human Mage

Its the same ilvl of a ZA weapon though... its like saying heres a PURPLE but its really just a blue item. Runalong jr and be happy anyway.

Upgrade it...reduce the drop rate.
Community Manager
06/21/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Killercaitie
What happened to re-adding the scortchling to the game? >_>

It's available in the 4.2 daily hub. :D
85 Blood Elf Priest
Whoa whoa whoa. There are items in the game that are just awesome looking, but not really usefull???

TO THE FORUMS!

It was useful in wotlk when it was introduced, as well as BC when it was introduced. It's not completely unreasonable for the third iteration of this item to be useful.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]