Fix the Frostlord Scythe

88 Orc Shaman
06/21/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Muskeris
You realize holidays are for fun (as opposed to the rest of WoW), and you probably shouldnt be gearing up via them, right?

I'd agree with this but they haven't changed this event one bit, and the boss fight isn't very interesting. I'm sure the ribbon dancing and the discovering bonfires part is fun for leveling characters, but the boss and level 85 content is really dull.
85 Orc Warrior
06/21/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
But anyway, those cloaks are pretty sweet, huh?

Not really the tanking one, less stamina than the melee DPS cloaks and only one secondary stat for a measly 23 more dodge?

Icebound Cloak vs The Frost Lord's Battle Shroud

and the ZA/ZG Tanking Cloak Spiritguard D!*@!
Edited by Tankbound on 6/21/2011 1:11 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
06/21/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Mystiker
You realize holidays are for fun (as opposed to the rest of WoW), and you probably shouldnt be gearing up via them, right?

Why drop gear if it's not meant to have some use? IE gearing up alts or mains.
10 Dwarf Paladin
06/21/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Dergrim
We're not demanding for an upgrade. We're requesting a more intelligent stat allocation so that its at least better than ilvl 333 alternatives. I dont know why people have to be so obtuse about it. Its not that big of a deal.

Its stats aren't supposed to be allocated wisely. Its not supposed to be better than anything or really even all that useful. Its a shiny Frosty scythe that makes snowflakes. That's it.

In that case, why even have stats on it in the first place? There are plenty of pure vanity items for this event, they could just gut all the stats from it and make it like the rest.

But they didn't. Its got stats on it, meaning there's supposed to be some use for it. But its absolutely terrible for it, without any intellect whatsoever. And then when compared to other weapons that come from the other holidays, its even stranger. Why single out the Scythe?
85 Draenei Paladin
I DEMAND THAT A HOLIDAY ITEM BE A USEFUL UPGRADE! THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!!

RABBLE! RABBLERABBLERABBLE!

The cloaks are pretty good upgrades. The Cloak of the Frigid Winds is better than my Holy spec's current Spiritcaller Cloak.
85 Orc Warrior
I DEMAND THAT A HOLIDAY ITEM BE A USEFUL UPGRADE! THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!!

RABBLE! RABBLERABBLERABBLE!

The cloaks are pretty good upgrades. The Cloak of the Frigid Winds is better than my Holy spec's current Spiritcaller Cloak.

Not all of them, see my earlier post, page 5
85 Human Warlock
Its stats aren't supposed to be allocated wisely. Its not supposed to be better than anything or really even all that useful. Its a shiny Frosty scythe that makes snowflakes. That's it.

What other holiday item is so poorly allocated that it has only one major stat? We don't want it to be BiS, we want it to be better than using a 333 staff... Right now, it's about on par...
85 Dwarf Shaman
Making it ideal (stat-wise) now and it would stomp all over ZA/ZG weapons. It's fairly trivial to obtain so we're just not really willing to do that.

The solution we're considering would be to make it a 346 blue, but there are some designer-y issues and side effects of what a change like that would cause. Either way I don't think we would be keeping it purple and giving it Int or otherwise making the stats more ideal.

So where it was a usable purple in previous expansions it's now a toy for roleplayers which cover less of the population of wow? And again it was a usable item before in wow as an epic but to make it usable now you would have to make it blue?
90 Undead Death Knight
Make it useable by DKs and we'll take it :P
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Making it ideal (stat-wise) now and it would stomp all over ZA/ZG weapons. It's fairly trivial to obtain so we're just not really willing to do that.

The solution we're considering would be to make it a 346 blue, but there are some designer-y issues and side effects of what a change like that would cause. Either way I don't think we would be keeping it purple and giving it Int or otherwise making the stats more ideal.

Hey Bash,

Or you could beg GC & company to give us that appearance tab that we have been clammoring for, and items like the Scythe would get used for a very long time after the event ended....

Come on bro, every major MMO out there has an appearance tab, and WOW is the big dog and we don't have one... please bro?
90 Draenei Priest
Are there even any caster specs that would find a crit/haste weapon to be "ideal" even if the intellect was actually there?

Maybe one or two, but the majority of specs anything with crit on it is definitely less than ideal.
06/21/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
What happened to re-adding the scortchling to the game? >_>

It's available in the 4.2 daily hub. :D

Where? I've finished all phases of the Molten Front on the PTR and the Scorchling is nowhere to be found.

I mean, it's not a big deal since I already have it on live, but it feels like the data you're providing isn't accurate. Maybe someone forgot to add it to a vendor?

EDIT: I just logged in to the PTR to double-check all the vendors, and no Scorchling.
Edited by Thecheat on 6/21/2011 1:34 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
you really expected them to care? all the holidays have been poorly done for a long time now
90 Blood Elf Paladin
umm, just because you put SOME Int. on it doesn't mean you have to make it better itemized then the Troll stuff. You can put SOME int. on it and leave part of the Stamina. Is this really that hard design team?

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]