Arena/Instance Issues

85 Undead Warlock
06/21/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Ellemayne

Yes and no. There is certainly stress, but our systems have been upgraded dramatically over the years and should otherwise be able to handle the influx.

It is still under investigation and they are doing what they can to see what can be done to improve the situation.

Do you have an ETA on that? I have my people standing at the gates of BoT, trying hard to get Council and be 13 of 13 before the next patch. This is a major setback and would rather not having them standing around for no reason if this is not going to get resolved by tonight.

Standing outside of BWD wasting my time lol.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Seems like they fixed the problem? I just qu'ed a BG after 45 min que.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/21/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Recover
Maybe put a cooldown on Ahune? Making it so you can do it once every hour. Problem solved, no? Sorry to all those that love spamming Ahune's instance, but some of us want to actually clear the Real content for a final time before Firelands.

I completely agree. But moreover if this is going on for 3+ hours then it's simply not acceptable. Also, locking threads with unsatisfactory responses is not the correct way to handle this. You don't want us to bump other threads, then give us a real response, with a real time frame as to when this is going to be fixed.

This seems to be affecting quite a few customers, so I hope this is top priority, not Ahune.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
would any of these issues effect character movement cause my druid laggs alot and i wanna know if its my home internet or something else
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Just turn off Ahune until a solution is found
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
i mean come on blizz with all the $15 subscriptions u collect a month u can;t afford a few new servers to compensate the overload when holiday bosses come out not being able to run arenas make me glad i went ahead and cancelled my renewing subsciption...
Edited by Tonloc on 6/21/2011 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
06/21/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Tonloc
i mean come on blizz with all the $15 subscriptions u collect a month u can;t afford a few new servers to compensate the overload when holiday bosses come out not being able to run arenas make me glad i went ahead and cancelled my renewing subsciption...

Well this is what I have to say to that:
1. It's not they they can't compensate you with "New Servers", because what would be the point, they'd be flooded with people who are QQ'ing about overloads too.
2. It takes a little more than a few hours to buy/set up a new server.
3. Saying that you cancelled your $15 Subscription isn't going to make them work any faster. I'm sure that $15 is nothing to them, and your pity attempt isn't going to work.

However, Blizzard Employee's are working their hardest to make best of the situation. Just calm your jets, sit back and quest a few and they'll be up in no time :)
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
06/21/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Ivarvidfamne
Maybe put a cooldown on Ahune? Making it so you can do it once every hour. Problem solved, no? Sorry to all those that love spamming Ahune's instance, but some of us want to actually clear the Real content for a final time before Firelands.

I completely agree. But moreover if this is going on for 3+ hours then it's simply not acceptable. Also, locking threads with unsatisfactory responses is not the correct way to handle this. You don't want us to bump other threads, then give us a real response, with a real time frame as to when this is going to be fixed.

This seems to be affecting quite a few customers, so I hope this is top priority, not Ahune.

What if there is no timeframe? It can take more then a couple of hours to troubleshoot/fix an issue like this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
So is this going to be a problem when 4.2 hits and everyone wants to do the Fireland raid, or will you be prepared for a change?
Reply Quote
I tried out the game Rift for a couple months but decided WoW was more my style. My point, however, is that Blizzard could learn a lot from how Trion communicates with its customers (and I hope they do). Trion's communication is rapid/immediate, honest, easily understood, and they always give realistic timelines (which they often beat).

I found this style of communication much more pleasant and effective. When Trion had to do these updates/restarts/whatever I almost always felt good about it and gave them the benefit of the doubt because they earned that trust.

Too bad Rift just isn't as fun as Wow for me. :)
Reply Quote
any updates on the status of the instance servers? currently on my other realm it says 25 mins for lord ahune queue... is this realistic? i couldn't find a sticky thread or anything on this issue, anyone have a more recent update since the last post was 16 hrs ago. thank you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]