I`m too good at WoW according to Blizzard

85 Undead Rogue
You can get in trouble for being too good at this game.

As some of you are aware, I`ve been farming ore and herbs and selling them at extremely low prices on the auction house. After saving up 7k worth of goods (about 14k worth at normal prices), Then posting them all at the same time. I was banned shortly after.

The reason.

Apparently I was using a bot, or I (Person with very little programming knowledge) changed client side files to give me an advantage over other players. I got banned, and warning saying I`m very close to the consequence volcano.

Do they want me to farm worse? I fail to understand your logic blizzard.

Sorry for being good at your game.

(Checking in game mail now, It better all be there blizz.)
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't throw out bans just for the heck of it. Even so, this isn't the place to dispute such claims because your story will only be heard by Arathorians. If you feel you've been wronged, I suggest you put in a ticket or rewrite this over in the Customer Service forums which I will link.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

Also, I haven't heard of the consequence volcano since Vanilla. I <3 that they still have that around.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Well I was just interested in this whole case really, however I feel as thou I have been wronged but I don’t feel the need to complain about it this time around I can understand if they were worried about me using a bot. Just it seems as thou they banned me without various reasons and it would appear I was banned on a whim.

I`m posting a various amount of items that I farmed today with my brother, If I`m banned again then I might just have to go further then resolving the issue.

Thanks for the link :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Apparently I was using a bot, or I (Person with very little programming knowledge) changed client side files .)

Answered your own question. You arn't allowed to modify game files. GG you got owned.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Apparently I was using a bot, or I (Person with very little programming knowledge) changed client side files .)

Answered your own question. You arn't allowed to modify game files. GG you got owned.

Reading comprehension ftw
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
<3 It never gets old
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Ya. If he read the Terms of Service closer he would've noticed boting is against it, reading comp fail indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/27/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Diminthus
Ya. If he read the Terms of Service closer he would've noticed boting is against it, reading comp fail indeed.

Lol, again

06/23/2011 10:55 PMPosted by Devotions
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Ya sell lots of items or someone marking you afk in a BG and blizzard go all ban hammer on you, but you report all them bots and they do nothing for weeks GG blizz G to F to the G
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Toll
Ya sell lots of items or someone marking you afk in a BG and blizzard go all ban hammer on you, but you report all them bots and they do nothing for weeks GG blizz G to F to the G

Blizzard has always banned bots in waves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/28/2011 12:14 PMPosted by Crayolas

Yep to ban them before they realize they are being tracked and can stop using the bot. Same thing they do with hackers on SC2.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I believe your missing the point, Praise me.

They thought I was using a bot, when I was not.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
06/28/2011 12:14 PMPosted by Crayolas

So it's like this?

Real bots/hackers: oh we will wait and let they keep going and messing up the gold in wow.
Persone some Jack@ reports over and over as afk in a bg: ZOMG BAN HIM NOW NOW I SAY BANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
So it's like this?

Nah. More like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BQxpXYPk8
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
07/03/2011 09:21 PMPosted by Toys
So it's like this?

Nah. More like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BQxpXYPk8

More like this to be exact. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Actually, one of my accounts got a "permanent" ban for using bots and buying gold. I did neither. It was also on an account that I rarely even logged in on.

Of course, after Blizzard "investigated" it, my account was restored.

Who knows what their rationale for banning accounts is. I didn't even have 100g on that account, so if I was buying gold and using bots, I sucked at it.
Reply Quote
25 Tauren Druid

Ya. If he read the Terms of Service closer he would've noticed boting is against it, reading comp fail indeed.[/quot

Actually, one of my accounts got a "permanent" ban for using bots and buying gold. I did neither. It was also on an account that I rarely even logged in on.

Of course, after Blizzard "investigated" it, my account was restored.

Who knows what their rationale for banning accounts is. I didn't even have 100g on that account, so if I was buying gold and using bots, I sucked at it.

WOW U ALL FAIL!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
they did that to me also. took about 3-4 days for them to figure out that i was not using a bot and got all the herbs by farming myself. they said they could only comp me in time lost on the game and nothing else. well when they did that, 4 days later i had to restore my payment options to what they were before they credited me the 4 days.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Shaman
You guys here really know how to read huh? He said "Apparently", he was not using bots, he was accused of using bots...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]