Allow sending money from Horde to Alliance

As it stands, the only way to send money from a Horde character to an Alliance character is to put an item up for auction using the neutral auction house in Booty Bay, have the character with the money buy the item, wait an hour, and collect the remaining money after the auction house takes their cut. If you want to do this by yourself, you need two accounts because you can't buy your own auctions.

With Bind on Battle.net accounts allowing trade of these items from Horde to Alliance characters, how long will it take before you can trade gold between your characters, as well? I Think we should be able to send gold to our opposite faction alts in order to bankroll them.

Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Druid
Until then, make friends on the other side to trade with
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Caitiebell
Until then, make friends on the other side to trade with

=\
Reply Quote
Even if you have someone on the opposite faction who can get your money to the alt, you still have to go through the neutral AH to get the money over, and with the auction house cut, you aren't going to get all the money to your alt. You get the money minus however much they charged to let you do that. It's not the same as sending money to one of your alts through the mail. It sucks.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Paladin
oh yes, i want alliance gold with wrynns ugly face on it in my bags
use the neutral ah, the chunk it takes i always think to myself its the cost of reprinting it for the opposite faction..
Reply Quote
oh yes, i want alliance gold with wrynns ugly face on it in my bags
use the neutral ah, the chunk it takes i always think to myself its the cost of reprinting it for the opposite faction..

gold coins are gold coins, they don't have any faction relevance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

That could be said about almost every item in the game.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Paladin
06/22/2011 04:07 PMPosted by Keylogger

your not going to thwart my thinking, my thoughts
Reply Quote

That could be said about almost every item in the game.

your point?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
BoA items can't effect the economy of the opposite side.

Gold can.

They want to make you have to work for your cross-faction AH monopoly.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That could potentially wreck the server's economy on an imbalanced server.
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Quilty
That could potentially wreck the server's economy on an imbalanced server.

no it couldn't.
Reply Quote
64 Human Priest
As it stands, the only way to send money from a Horde character to an Alliance character is to put an item up for auction using the neutral auction house in Booty Bay, have the character with the money buy the item, wait an hour, and collect the remaining money after the auction house takes their cut. If you want to do this by yourself, you need two accounts because you can't buy your own auctions.

With Bind on Battle.net accounts allowing trade of these items from Horde to Alliance characters, how long will it take before you can trade gold between your characters, as well? I Think we should be able to send gold to our opposite faction alts in order to bankroll them.

Thank you for your time.
You won't be able to. Allowing players to do that would allow gold farmers to move their ill-gotten goods across factions way to easily and make their illegal business a lot easier to function.

I feel confident saying that: Blizzard will NEVER allow gold to be traded across faction, outside of the Neutral AH feature.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I disagree with your suggestion

It is an act of treason to help support the enemy

The only things the faction leaders allow to be traded with the enemy are wounds and insults

As cross faction trade is prohibited by the faction leaders the goblins operate a black-market

The goblin AH 15% tax is totally understandable as it is a black-market house owned and operated outside of the law by those money grubbing goblins

They charge a lot more to meet the extra costs such as buying and outfitting special hollow bottom boats, paying for forged import documentation and for paying off the exorbitant bribes paid to customs officials, not to mention those shipments that do get rumbled thus causing a huge financial loss to the goblins

And as Holytrauma has already pointed out they have to reforge the gold coin to represent the appropriate faction leader

I am actually surprised the goblin tax is only 15% and not 30%, maybe the black-market AH tax should be increased

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
06/22/2011 03:42 PMPosted by Keylogger
With Bind on Battle.net accounts allowing trade of these items from Horde to Alliance characters, how long will it take before you can trade gold between your characters, as well?

Never probably. Blizzard has already stated that they would like the two opposing factions to have separate economies.

Don't hold your breath.
Reply Quote
To you fools talking about faction leaders on coins: what about the gold you get from killing bosses? I don't think C'thun has Thrall on his coins.
Reply Quote
And a horde character sending super leveling gear (boa) to an alliance new recruit (alt) can be considered treason, but you can do it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
06/22/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Keylogger
To you fools talking about faction leaders on coins: what about the gold you get from killing bosses? I don't think C'thun has Thrall on his coins.

You are incorrect

How is it that each mob you kill drops cash and loot?

Easy, they are all on welfare

The tax on AH goes to pay welfare

The AH tax allows them the ability to buy the family some food and in some cases some luxury items

How does C'thun replace the items that keep getting stolen from him, easy the welfare payments allow him to restock for another week of raids

As such the gold coins are all minted

The Tuesday night shut down occurs because that is when the Welfare office opens and all the mobs and NPC's line up to get their welfare payment

06/22/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Keylogger
And a horde character sending super leveling gear (boa) to an alliance new recruit (alt) can be considered treason, but you can do it.

I agree with your suggestion to cease the sending of BoA to the enemy

The BoA gear are actually Heirloom items

As such they pass down the line from father to son, from aunt to niece, or they are passed on through gifts to friends etc.

The opposing faction is the enemy and not related or friends and as such it make sense that Heirloom items cannot be gifted to the opposing faction

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]