Ask Creative Development -- Round II Answers

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/23/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Eurytos
Id love an expansion all about the titans

how about a whole new blizzard MMO called, wait for it,......Titan.

Yes and normally I'd agree with that however it has been explicitly stated by Blizzard that it's not the WoW ip or even wow related at all.
85 Human Warrior

Q: Have we seen a true titan yet in World of Warcraft?
    A: No, only their creations.

So that Aman guy in Darkshore/Wetlands was a creation? It seemed to hint at him being a titan in the initial questline, but alright, guess I'm okay with that.
Edited by Halis on 6/23/2011 10:54 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, I'll admit it. I chuckled when I read that last answer.

And then I remembered how things turned out the last time Velen made such a suggestion...

All in all, though, I want to find out more about the "Army of the Light" or whatever it was called, and the Naaru themselves. That part of Warcraft lore has always really interested me, because of the feeling of there being so much more going on in the setting than we can see. Azeroth and, to a lesser extent, Draenor, are certainly the focus of the story, but we're not the only ones besieged by the Old Gods, and the Burning Legion, and who knows what else? What of the Ethereals' homeworld? The Dreadlords'? What ever became of Argus? Have the inhabitants of any other worlds been able to hold back the Legion?

And what will the goblins find when they finally launch that rocket in Netherstorm?
Edited by Arram on 6/23/2011 11:16 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Warrior
06/23/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Arram
What of the Ethereals' homeworld?
That got answered in last year's Ask CDev. Their homeworld is gone, destroyed by Dimensius.

Q: Have we seen a true titan yet in World of Warcraft?
    A: No, only their creations.

So that Aman guy in Darkshore/Wetlands was a creation? It seemed to hint at him being a titan in the initial questline, but alright, guess I'm okay with that.

He sounds much more mechanical in Cataclysm.

I'm more surprised that Loken and the other five Ulduar watchers are just constructs.
Edited by Frandar on 6/23/2011 11:29 PM PDT
87 Blood Elf Priest
Hah! Elune a naaru. Preposterous.

Everyone knows she's an old god.
60 Night Elf Druid
06/23/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Ainhin
It's interesting that the Forsaken raise ships at all. Most of them would've rotted to the point where they wouldn't be buoyant.

Considering we're talking about people whose flesh, muscle, and probably some organs are plainly missing in some areas, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say their boats manage to stay afloat despite holes and torn sails.
85 Human Warlock
Elune: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/527/kylelunenaaru.jpg

Is the second moon coming back?
85 Troll Priest
It's interesting that the Forsaken raise ships at all. Most of them would've rotted to the point where they wouldn't be buoyant.

Considering we're talking about people whose flesh, muscle, and probably some organs are plainly missing in some areas, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say their boats manage to stay afloat despite holes and torn sails.

I really like this idea. The forsaken navy, upon haunted ships, powered by the souls of the damned. That would make the forsaken navy damn scary.
I really like this idea. The forsaken navy, upon haunted ships, powered by the souls of the damned. That would make the forsaken navy damn scary.

Doesn't seem to have helped them much; I think they've been routed in every naval engagement they've attempted.
85 Human Priest
Very interesting! Thanks for the post. I have always loved Warcraft lore!

*nibbles her fingers over the post about Turalyon/Alleria...* hehe
100 Blood Elf Paladin
=( spell breakers fading away... that makes me sad...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/24/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Ainhin

Doesn't seem to have helped them much; I think they've been routed in every naval engagement they've attempted.

Not really, there was at least one success in Northrend. Other than that the only time the Forsaken fleet really shows up is in Gilneas where they are target practice for leveling Worgen players.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11221

Our mission in Northrend is to destroy Arthas. The Alliance are but an obstacle that we'll crush wherever we find them.

We've managed to destroy their easternmost fleet; but the survivors have barricaded themselves on the Derelict Strand, south of here.

Our forces should've overwhelmed their make-shift defenses long ago, but we underestimated their will to live. Seek my officers in the field, Dark Ranger Lyana and Deathstalker Razael and get them to report on the situation.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I will say there are some interesting answers in this.
61 Blood Elf Warrior
Two words: Creative License Blizz can do whatever they want...it's Fantasy, not fact, and is always changing. Deal with it!
85 Draenei Shaman
Lore...
Thats why I play wow...
92 Blood Elf Priest
Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?
A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

O_O ...... All those years of work....now considered non-canon?! Holy crap!

Pandaren, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Ley Walkers, Plagueshifters, Argent Dawn Templars, Bonecrushers, Runemasters...etc etc....

All of that is non-canon now? So wait... if the RPG isn't canon, then what about the TCG? If the TCG is canon, yet the RPG books aren't in the slightest, then I'm afraid the Warcraft universe just became more bland than you can possibly imagine.

This is a pretty mind boggling thing to stomach, considering wowpedia, wowwiki and even wikipedia has noted the RPG books as canon for years, and many, many articles have direct references from those books. Did Metzen himself actually say that the RPG books, every single shred of it, is 100% non-canon?

Last time I checked, he did dismiss Finall Goldensword as being non-canon...but certainly not *everything* in the books altogether.

Oh well, time to move on. Adios, RPG.
85 Troll Priest
>mfw val'kyr mind control question ignored

that aside, excellent. velen seems to have a thing for offending people by claiming their religions are born from naaru.

That's a good sign. If it was a simple matter of "There's no mental manipulation" then Blizzard would've just said "There's no mind control."

Their silence on the issue indicates that they're planning something, and that there's probably mental coercion of some sort.

I actually suspect its more than that. I think there is something underlying in the undead/forsaken that is driving them. The new lore on the DKs certainly adds a new demention to the undead condition. Perhaps all undead have a programed need to expand and destroy after all with only a few notable strong willed exceptions.

Also its interesting that both Nerzhul and Arthas didnt release the full strength of the Scourge. Control feature set up by the Burning legion or trace part of their souls resisting the urge to destroy?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]