Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

90 Worgen Druid
Your glyphs look fine. The important thing for that fight is to not have the typhoon minor glyph, which removes the knockback.

In general, I'd spec out of lunar shower, though. It *probably* won't make a difference for rag, depending on how you do things, but it will really kill your dps on fights like beth and rhyo.

As a side note, you should consider plugging yourself into wowreforge.com to adjust your reforges. You have a bit of wasted itemization by being over the hit cap
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Ok thanks. I made the changes and im exactly at 1742 hit :P

If I take 3 points out of Lunar Shower where would I put those 3 extra points at? DO I need Gale Winds to knock back adds or anything for Rag?
Edited by Orlém on 8/15/2011 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The extra damage when knocking back sons is nice, and in the seed phase you may want to hurricane over tab-dotting because of how short the phases are and how many of them are there.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I dont think Fungal Growth is really needed so ill just put the 2 extra points back into Lunar Shower.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Well the main thing is if you have an extra spec, go ahead and pick up LS maybe for rag. Otherwise its a terrible talent that actually hurts your dps rather than helping it so its better just not to have any points in it.

And you might as well have 3/3 in it if you insist on taking it since 2/3 is weak damage and the same detriment.
Edited by Tagartou on 8/15/2011 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Well my two extra things would be Gale Winds and Fungal Growth and I can't see how those are better than Lunar Shower damage wise.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/15/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Orlém
Well my two extra things would be Gale Winds and Fungal Growth and I can't see how those are better than Lunar Shower damage wise.

It's because LS *HURTS* your damage on fights like beth'tilac and rhyolith. It's not just that it's a minimal damage gain like gale winds, or extra utility like FG. It actually will make your DPS go down on those fights.

On Rag, apparently there's a strat where LS can be helpful, but with the way my guild does things, I've yet to come across an encounter where I thought that LS would be beneficial. In most encounters, it's either a wash (has potential to help or harm, will probably even itself out), or is detrimental. So, why bother putting points in it at all?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So where should I place my 2 extra points?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You could take FG for the utility. It's not like it hurts anything, and it might come in handy if you're every helping out with spiderlings on beth (or similar things). Otherwise, you could finish off gale winds and just put the last point in BotG for shiggles.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Muchos thanks for this guide. I asked for a recount of our dps last night, and I'm second just behind our hunter. Which is huge, as I joined the raid group for FL, and had the disadvantage of no gear from the T11 raids.

Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
My low amount of haste is making me sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/17/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Tagartou
My low amount of haste is making me sad :(

At least you have NF. My DI is going to be out of town for about 3 weeks, so all the lovely haste I'm getting from my trinket isn't gonna do much for me while she's gone.

But the good news is our priest just went disc, so I've been getting PI. yay \o/

But srsly. I've gotten 1 drop from FL so far... my tier shoulders.
Reply Quote
I get DI from the warlock in our raid and was a bit under 2322 haste. I ended up putting a strait haste gem in my boots and losing 40 int to get there. You think that is worth it?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
It depends when you refresh. If you are refreshing at the end of eclipse to get two NG buffed dots up all the way, then no because it doesn't move you up a breakpoint for the majority of the fight. If you are refreshing before they run out or you are routinely refreshing without NG due to moving slot then yes, at that point haste is king. Though I would try swapping out gems or dropping a but of hit rather than losing lavawalker, but it's your decision.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So...I was looking at something at TMR that got me thinking. I was criticizing some player who was looking for advice about his low uptime, particularly on Bale. Then I got to looking at the top logs for Bale and was shocked to see that most are in the 90-95% range, while I am not getting logged when I have 98% uptime. So, do you think there could be a point at which higher uptime is worse? I'm going to try changing my priorities to only refreshing at the end of eclipse when there is less than 8s as opposed to 10s and see how it pans out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/20/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Tagartou
So...I was looking at something at TMR that got me thinking. I was criticizing some player who was looking for advice about his low uptime, particularly on Bale. Then I got to looking at the top logs for Bale and was shocked to see that most are in the 90-95% range, while I am not getting logged when I have 98% uptime. So, do you think there could be a point at which higher uptime is worse? I'm going to try changing my priorities to only refreshing at the end of eclipse when there is less than 8s as opposed to 10s and see how it pans out.

I dunno, since I'm not sure how to gauge 25m DPS. Basically, your guild's middle range is our high range for baleroc (and with your last parse, if you did that on 10m you definitely would have ranked).

fake edit: what's weird is that looking at the rankings for 10 and 25, the 10m #1 is actually higher than the 25m #1, but the 25m rankings have a much narrower range and a higher average. I don't know if that's just a result of fewer people doing 10s, or if those really high people are super geared out peeps doing 10s for the meta achievement or something else. But this is kind of tangential to the topic.

But yeah, my uptimes for that fight also sit right around 90-92%. That that I do amazing, rank-worthy DPS on that fight or anything.

08/20/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Tagartou
So, do you think there could be a point at which higher uptime is worse?

I'd say it's just that you're getting into the realm where the GCDs used to put up those dots are holding you back instead of giving you more DPS. It's not the uptime itself, the high uptime is just a consequence of what is actually hurting you (potentially).
Edited by Eluial on 8/20/2011 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
08/20/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Eluial
fake edit: what's weird is that looking at the rankings for 10 and 25, the 10m #1 is actually higher than the 25m #1, but the 25m rankings have a much narrower range and a higher average. I don't know if that's just a result of fewer people doing 10s, or if those really high people are super geared out peeps doing 10s for the meta achievement or something else. But this is kind of tangential to the topic.
The reason why 10s are lower on average is generally a lack of all raid and personal buffs, where I can count on every single raid buff in a 25 and sometimes a DI or FM. I would say that the highest rankers have "perfect comps" where they get every buff, DI, and FM, which makes a significant difference. As for why that would be higher than a 25 of the same comp, on 10 man baleroc you can execute it so 1-2 dps stay out of crystals and rotation and just nuke the boss the whole time. Its a bit more difficult on 25s because you need 2 crystal stacks, in fact when we tried to have our healers not move one week crystals were spawning all over the place at range.

Like I said, I'm going to try different refreshing strats, for instance if not refreshing will leave me 2 seconds from hitting eclipse when dots fall off then it really wouldnt be worth it to have refreshed.
Edited by Tagartou on 8/20/2011 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That focus swap macro is pretty nifty, I like.

Any other helpful macros out there?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That focus swap macro is pretty nifty, I like.

Any other helpful macros out there?

The ones listed are the ones I regularly use. You can also macro any on use trinkets to a particular spell, though that's better for SP trinkets and I wouldn't recommend it for the moonwell chalice.

But that macro would just be

#showtooltip NAME OF SPELL
/use NAME OF TRINKET
/cast NAME OF SPELL
Edited by Eluial on 8/22/2011 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hello yet again!!!!

Firstly i would like to say your tips for my Ragnaros fight was right on the money, sadly we didnt start Hard Modes this week due to lackage of a MT =(.

But to the new question at hand!!...I've recently come across the Ragnaros trinket (not sure how to link gear sorry) Lightning Capacitor(lolspelling), my question is which trinkets you believe to be best atm..Currently im sitting on DMC: Volcano, the Vendor trinket for Avengers, and now the Ragnaros trinket.

From what i've read the general consensus is to go DMC V and Necrotic focus, or the Avengers trinket untill you get Necrotic. I've yet to test the availaible combo's myself so this is simply me asking your opinion, is gaining the reforged Haste from DMC: V and the rep trinket that much better than the Ragnaros one?

Again thank you for taking time out of your day to help a fellow Doomkin ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]