Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Worgen Druid
Hmm...I'm really spikey dps..shrooms often put me 40-60k on impact then i end up 12-15k...seems like I'm doing something wrong..any advice?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well, you're using a healing trinket and have points in lunar shower, so you should fix those things. And get more haste.

Our DPS can be pretty spiky, though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I was working on a spreadsheet to determine when to clip DoTs at the end of eclipse, and I would appreciate it if you took a look at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdDQ0YjkwdGxONm9EOG15cGJaLUNuWGc&hl=en_US
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I was working on a spreadsheet to determine when to clip DoTs at the end of eclipse, and I would appreciate it if you took a look at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdDQ0YjkwdGxONm9EOG15cGJaLUNuWGc&hl=en_US

Yes! Give me a few days cause I'm slow.

One early question:

On these bits
(4 if 4T12 starfires leaving 1-0 casts with no DoTs up, 5 if 0 casts with no DoTs up)

Just want to make sure, does that mean "put 4 in the box if you have 4t12 and it's ok if you cast 1 starfire when you don't have dots up" (and "put 5 in the box if you never want to cast starfire without dots up" - ie always refresh before fall off)?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yep, because at 1 cast til leaving eclipse it will take 4-5 casts to reach solar eclipse because of Euphoria RNG, so it would take 5 to be on the safe side or 4 to err on the side with less unnecessary refreshes, even if it means slightly more DoT downtime.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
NLG
Hi Eluial and my fellow boomkins!

Hey, I'm really desperate now. My dps on dummy now is constantly on the 17k mark. It revolves only in that area. My guild leader expects me to hit at a minimum of 20k? I've also heard of boomkins doing more than 20k in their dps. Please guys, tell me whats wrong??? Is it because of my gear, talents, or my rotations?

17k+
iLvl 367
Gs 9657

Hope to receive a reply soon, thanks :/
(a really sad boomie)
Edited by Metropolitan on 10/10/2011 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm assuming you're using your 2nd spec to raid, cause your first one has LS and that's no good.

Wrathcalcs says you should do 18.9k on dummies. I don't know what kind of raid buffs you get, but assuming all of them (including DI and FM) it says 25.9k for that. Just looking at your gear, I'd expect you to be able to do 23k easily on baleroc, assuming you don't have to soak crystals.

Your gear looks fine, for what it is. You would benefit a lot from T12 (clearly) and replacing some of your crit items. Your (2nd) spec and glyphs are fine, too, assuming you're switching out your focus glyph for something else on fights where you can't always stay in range.

Other than that, you're going to have to post more relevant information (hint: your GS/ilvl aren't relevant) like logs or a detailed description of your rotation in different situations.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hello Eluial, I think I'm in desperate need of help!

My dps on firelands bosses seems much lower than it should be, and I don't get invited often because of it. I've read your guide and many others and have followed them best I could, but to little avail. I can't seem to pinpoint where I'm always going wrong...my gear, enchants, reforging...rotation? I just don't know, and it's very frustrating to say the least.
My average dps on fights such as Shannox or Staghelm fluctuates between 18-20k, which seems low for a 370 ilevel. My basic dps rotation is:
IS, MF/SF, Starsurge, Starfire to solar eclipse, wrath for duration of the eclipse until lunar eclipse, starfire for duration of lunar, and repeat. I refresh my dots when they have about 1 tic left or just after they fall off (especially if i'm about to enter an eclipse). I use starfall whenever it is off cooldown (or I wait until lunar eclipse),trees on solar eclipse, and I'm even careful about using my racial when an eclipse begins.
I hope you can help this sad moonchicken.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'm in the same boat unfortunately :(. My ilvl is 367 and I'm only pullin 16-18k in raids. Pretty much the same play style as Svarthberg: IS, MF/SF, Starsurge, Starfire to solar eclipse, wrath for duration of the eclipse until lunar eclipse, starfire for duration of lunar, and repeat. I refresh my dots when they have about 1 tic left or just after they fall off (especially if i'm about to enter an eclipse). I use starfall whenever it is off cooldown (or I wait until lunar eclipse),trees on solar eclipse.

If someone could take a gander at me as well. I'll even post some logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q3icbqegak0aib7m/

*edit: on Baleroc I am taking shards
Edited by Ryòuice on 10/11/2011 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@Svartberg:
You can fix your reforging to get a bit more haste out of the deal, and put int on your bracers. Also, your trinkets are pretty weak. You should consider buying DMC:V and also get the fiery quintessence once you get revered with avengers. Actually, even the mithril stopwatch is a minor upgrade over your mirror - DMC:V is a BIG upgrade over the mirror. You'd probably do better replacing the stump, but I didn't check it in wrathcalcs since it would required messing with your reforges. You can play with different configurations on wrathcalcs and figure out which is best.
10/11/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Svartberg
IS, MF/SF, Starsurge, Starfire to solar eclipse, wrath for duration of the eclipse until lunar eclipse, starfire for duration of lunar, and repeat.

It's a minor thing, but if you're going straight to lunar, don't start off with a SS. Just do SFx5 and use SS once you hit solar. If you use SS before solar, it's one extra cast to get to eclipse, and with the buffs to SF/wrath, it's just not worth it to delay.

I refresh my dots when they have about 1 tic left or just after they fall off (especially if i'm about to enter an eclipse).

One thing you might try is to start clipping just before an eclipse ends if you won't be able to make it to the next eclipse on your current dots. So, say the timing worked out where you happened to refresh right at the beginning of eclipse. By the time you reach the end of eclipse, you'll probably have 7-10s left, which might not be enough to make it to lunar. So just refresh the dots right before you exit, and then proceed to lunar. It'll increase the uptime of eclipsed dots you have.

I use starfall whenever it is off cooldown (or I wait until lunar eclipse),trees on solar eclipse, and I'm even careful about using my racial when an eclipse begins.

Unless there's an add phase, save starfall for lunar. There's no need to save trees for solar - they do physical damage, not nature. For berserking, yes, you want to save it for eclipse, and more specifically, solar eclipse. Make sure you hit it before you apply IS, so that both dots get the buff.

Try doing those things, as well as keeping an eye on things like how much you move during a fight, how good you are at queuing the right spells for eclipse, etc. Take advantage of solar eclipse by multidotting whatever you can.

Also, get rid of lunar shower!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well, I was going to do this all in one post but it was over 500 characters. Guess I write too much >.<

@Ryo
Holy blue gems, batman! Change those gems to red ones, except the one in your helm should be a purified (20int/20spi) and you gain 140 int at the loss of some mastery (assuming you also fix your reforging). Your haste will stay the same. I also recommend DMC:V to you. It is seriously one of the best things you can spend your gold on.

Your spec and glyphs look fine, except I'd recommend dreamstate over the mana talents you have now. But it's not really a game changer - it'll free up 2 points for you to grab some more utility if you want, though.

10/11/2011 01:11 PMPosted by Ryòuice
IS, MF/SF, Starsurge, Starfire to solar eclipse, wrath for duration of the eclipse until lunar eclipse, starfire for duration of lunar, and repeat. I refresh my dots when they have about 1 tic left or just after they fall off (especially if i'm about to enter an eclipse). I use starfall whenever it is off cooldown (or I wait until lunar eclipse),trees on solar eclipse.

Looks like you just copied this from the guy above you o.O so just read my answer to him.

If someone could take a gander at me as well. I'll even post some logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q3icbqegak0aib7m/

Thanks.

Just going down the list:
Shannox - MOAR DOTS. Dots on all 3 targets pretty much at all times. You dot them up at the beginning of every eclipse, and just before you exit. Use glyph of SS and use starfall every lunar eclipse. This is for regular Shannox only.

Bethitilac - looks like you're on spiderling duty, but only 1 typhoon, and sunfire is only 3.7% of your damage done?! There's way too much hurricane in there. Mushrooms + sunfire + typhoon are all you need for spiderlings. Drop your shrooms, detonate, typhoon them behind the slow effect, drop 3 more shrooms at the front edge of the slow effect and dot until detonate is back up. Use glyph of monsoon, and make sure you don't have the typhoon minor glyph in.

Baleroc - Decent uptimes, should follow that dot advice I gave above about getting more eclipsed dot uptime. One thing I'm seeing is casting the wrong spell after you get eclipse. Basically, you're not predicting when you're going to hit 100 energy and queuing the right spell right after. If you don't have it, the addon Balance Power Tracker can help you with that. It will give you a warning when the spell you're casting is going to proc eclipse, so that you can start casting the right spell right away.

Rhyolith - same advice as beth: less hurricane, more typhoon, dots and shrooms. Ask your add tank to hold still once he has all the adds, and just drop shrooms under them. Dot them up, typhoon (this time make sure you DO have the minor glyph). Rinse and repeat. And more starfall, too. Looks like you only cast it once during a 5 min fight.

Alysra - I fly, so I don't really have good ground advice. Pick up a feather if you're allowed to, so you can cast while moving. Just dot everything in sight, including alysrazor when she comes in range. Make sure you're saving your trees for her ground phase to use with heroism.

Domo - it's all about learning to maximize your damage while on the run. You can refresh dots if you're in eclipse, or if you don't have eclipsed dots up. Just don't clip eclipsed dots with uneclipsed ones. You can drop shrooms in the middle to detonate when you're in solar. You can use instants like starfall, trees or shooting stars procs. Hell, you can even typhoon if the direction you're running allows it. Use starfall more. 3 times in an almost 6 min fight - you could have gotten at least 2 more in there.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
10/11/2011 05:51 PMPosted by Eluial
Looks like you just copied this from the guy above you o.O so just read my answer to him.

yeah...i did copy/paste him because thats pretty much how ive been going at it. I will read what you said.

If you don't have it, the addon Balance Power Tracker can help you with that. It will give you a warning when the spell you're casting is going to proc eclipse, so that you can start casting the right spell right away.

Yeah...I've been struggling with that. I got that addon and am busy getting accustomed to it :)

10/11/2011 05:51 PMPosted by Eluial
Ask your add tank to hold still once he has all the adds, and just drop shrooms under them.

Yeah..thats a big problem...he likes to move them around alot >.<

Now, before I go grab a bunch of gems, do I change some of my reforges to spi/hit to stay hit capped or do i not worry about reaching hit cap? Is there a certain percent I should shoot to be within cap?
Edited by Ryòuice on 10/11/2011 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Ask your add tank to hold still once he has all the adds, and just drop shrooms under them.

Yeah..thats a big problem...he likes to move them around alot >.<

Now, before I go grab a bunch of gems, do I change some of my reforges to spi/hit to stay hit capped or do i not worry about reaching hit cap? Is there a certain percent I should shoot to be within cap?

Just keep explaining it to him and he'll get it eventually. I also ask my tank to put a blue square on his head so he's easier to find amid the legs/adds/spell effects/volcanoes/etc and I just drop my shrooms where I see the square.

For the gems/reforges, you want to fix the gems first, then plug yourself back into wowreforge and it will tell you how to change your reforges to stay hit capped. I usually use the "close to" instead of "exactly" on wowreforge. Hit cap flux is a pretty personal preference. I start to frown at people who drop more than .2% below cap, though. For myself, I don't like to go more than .05% below -- and with wowreforge doing the math for you, there's really no reason you shouldn't be dancing at +/- 2 rating of the cap.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you for your help Eluial. I made some changes and netted me an extra 2k on the dummies...now i dont feel so noobish lol. Now to not lose my head in raid and remember it all...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ryouce has helped me out gem reforge,spec he did't have to help it was great that he did tytytytyty
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't trust that Eluial person. There be sinister going's on behind that snout.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/20/2011 03:58 PMPosted by Ikagawa
I wouldn't trust that Eluial person. There be sinister going's on behind that snout.

Oh dear...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
O.O !!!!!
Edited by Tagartou on 10/20/2011 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Shut up you ugly old night elOH MY GOD.

This might just be incentive enough to start reading these forums more than once every two weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I haven't posted in here for awhile. Just checking if everything with my spec/gems/enchants look good. Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]