Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Worgen Druid
Using the haste tool, withou DI my haste break point is at 1929 with NG. Do you believe it is beneficial to reforge the excess haste to Mastery for a fight like baleroc?
Edited by Tannerz on 11/18/2011 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
11/18/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Tannerz
Using the haste tool, withou DI my haste break point is at 1929 with NG. Do you believe it is beneficial to reforge the excess haste to Mastery for a fight like baleroc?
Mastery loses value in a single target fight like Bale. It would only be worth it to reforge down to 1929 haste if you needed alot more AoE damage, like if you are having trouble downing elementals on Rag, or spiders on Beth, or Fragments/obsidians on Rhyo, but I wouldn't ever advise doing this because the more important parts in those fights are the single-target burn phases which you will lose a considerable amount of dps on if you reforge down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Evening all,

I have posted in the past and recieved alot of wonderful and fast help. Now the time has come again for wiser heads than mine to lead me down the right path!

After a long tiring and painful road i will be getting my legendary next week, only the second 10m guild on server to get one =(, with 4.3 coming within the next 3 weeks i am basically wondering how far into the patch will teh staff be BiS. This will be the first legendary i have recieved so im un-certain as to there past on how many patch's they tend to linger. I know it is impossible to give a completely accurate answer, im just hoping after all this invested (spellcheck? lol) time this AWSUM staff turns out to last me through the expansion into Panda Time.

As always thanks for any replies; The whole Boomkin community appreciates you're work keep it up!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
im just hoping after all this invested (spellcheck? lol) time this AWSUM staff turns out to last me through the expansion into Panda Time.

Short answer: yes
Long answer: yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

No, but really, at an absolute minimum it will win over anything short of heroic deathwing weapons. It should even win out over those.

I've heard there's a possibility that the heroic AoE proc dagger might win on aoe fights, but even then, it seems like if you're spreading dots, the dragon wrath procs on all those dots will be pretty awesome.

Grats on getting it next week. I hope you have some time to enjoy its OPness before 4.3, because it's lots of fun!
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
11/18/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Eluial
I've heard there's a possibility that the heroic AoE proc dagger might win on aoe fights, but even then, it seems like if you're spreading dots, the dragon wrath procs on all those dots will be pretty awesome.
You could possibly macro a weapon switch onto mushrooms, and then back on DoTs. Its unlikely that mushrooms won't proc it so you could really get the best of both by swapping to it for shrooms then swapping back.
Edited by Tagartou on 11/18/2011 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
im just hoping after all this invested (spellcheck? lol) time this AWSUM staff turns out to last me through the expansion into Panda Time.

Short answer: yes
Long answer: yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

No, but really, at an absolute minimum it will win over anything short of heroic deathwing weapons. It should even win out over those.

Grats on getting it next week. I hope you have some time to enjoy its OPness before 4.3, because it's lots of fun!

As do i =(..i really hope they dont nerf it too hard in 4.3
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Hey everyone,

I haven't read through the whole thread, but was wondering if anyone knows if treants benefit from solar eclipse. I've been using mine during solar only lately and it seems my dps has increased a tiny bit, but was looking for some feedback.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hey everyone,

I haven't read through the whole thread, but was wondering if anyone knows if treants benefit from solar eclipse. I've been using mine during solar only lately and it seems my dps has increased a tiny bit, but was looking for some feedback.

Thanks

Nope. They do physical damage so eclipses don't benefit them. They benefit from your spell power and your hit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As far as the legendary goes, based on my math. After 500 casts I got 31 procs on the PTR. This means the proc rate is now something along the lines of 6.2% A relativity major nerf. I wouldn't be shocked to see heroic weapons out preforming Dragonwrath in 4.3.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Finally got my Legendary. It's fun!

Also, WHY am I a female Worgen? I was Male when I logged off.
Edited by Tenderbooms on 11/21/2011 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Finally got my Legendary. It's fun!

Also, WHY am I a female Worgen? I was Male when I logged off.

Grats!

It's apparently an armory bug with the staff. Khalador has the same problem.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you. I was wondering why it was doing that.

Btw, mushroom copies are nasty little things. Got me killed a few times :P
Reply Quote
Your gemming section isnt necessarily accurate.

I've learned that if you gem a Reckless into a piece of gear with a yellow socket and it has a +10 int bonus its actually considered a DPS increase since you're essentially trading 10 int for 20 haste.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Tagartou
You could possibly macro a weapon switch onto mushrooms, and then back on DoTs. Its unlikely that mushrooms won't proc it so you could really get the best of both by swapping to it for shrooms then swapping back.

This might cause problems since switching a weapon while in combat triggers a GCD and that's never a good thing.

Also the reason some people find themselves female on the armory is because there is an existing bug where if you log out while mounted using the legendary staff, it changes your gender since the mount you're transformed to is considered female I suppose :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Your gemming section isnt necessarily accurate.

I've learned that if you gem a Reckless into a piece of gear with a yellow socket and it has a +10 int bonus its actually considered a DPS increase since you're essentially trading 10 int for 20 haste.

Yep. It's one of several updates that are incoming that I've just been too lazy to do lately.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
So this may have nothing to do with anything, but I've been trying to figure out how this happened. I was doing the first of the new 5-mans last night with some friends and during the first boss fight I saw an absurdly large number pop up on my screen. I just ignored it at first because I thought I just imagined an extra digit on it, but then when I checked back I had hit a 336k on a ghoul. I would really like to know how this would be possible seeing as there were no buffs or such that I know of in that specific fight, or if it is just going to turn out to be a bug of sorts.

Here is a link to the picture I got of it when I went back to check it: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390698_249904608398112_100001357254769_569353_316599469_n.jpg
Edited by Jazeebas on 11/30/2011 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Which boss? There is no "first" boss in End Time. I don't know all the new mechanics yet, but there seems to be a lot of damage buffs in the new instances.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
It was on the echo of sylvanas, whenever that ring of ghouls happens.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/30/2011 03:58 PMPosted by Jazeebas
It was on the echo of sylvanas, whenever that ring of ghouls happens.

The ghouls get a debuff that increases their damage taken as their health decreases.

Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
12/01/2011 01:49 AMPosted by Unferr
The ghouls get a debuff that increases their damage taken as their health decreases.

That's why I didn't notice it, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]