Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Worgen Druid
12/05/2011 01:08 PMPosted by Tagartou
LS stacks on repetitive casts now, not movement.

Well I just assumed he knew not to spam moonfire while standing. At least I hope he knew that.

12/05/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Tagartou
Also to anyone who might see this, Raid Finder Insignia of the corrupted mind is better than Heroic NF, Regular VPLC, and DMC:V(though this could be highly dependent on your haste level). So you might want to go try for it if you didn't get the normal version

I didn't know that, that's awesome to know. I've really missed having haste proc'd items, so I'm excited about this trinket.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2011 09:39 AMPosted by Khalador
You're missing your leg enchant and the bracer enchant is inferior (you need +50 int). You need to reforge your Rune of Zeth to Haste still. DMF:V would still be a superior trinket over that 365 from brewfest if you can buy it.

i am very short on gold atm, if i had the gold i would forsure get DMC volcano and replace some gems and chants, but i cant afford that, which is a big shame. (my dps was 17k, i was extremely dissapointed) [item="Insignia of the Corrupted Mind" /] was given to a mage guildy before me (because at the time we didnt know if i would be healing or dpsing most of DS, i was ms resto for all of FL), so i couldnt get that the first week, and reforging rune of zeth is expensive by my standards. so the largest problem i see atm is just a lack of gold for tweaks and improvements. We decided that i would be needed as dps for almost every boss so far, so that is my new ms.
Edited by Shiftingcow on 12/5/2011 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Well, I would say improving your dps would be quite gold dependent then :( Sorry. Lots of ways to make gold though. One round of dailies would probably get you the reforge (25 quests x 16 gold per=400 gold!). But GL.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks for your help, I was thinking about picking up mining alongside my herbalism, just until I get enough gold, and I could sell some jp wrists. With my servers economy atm gems are way overpriced, bril red gems are 200+ g
Edited by Shiftingcow on 12/6/2011 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
If it makes you feel any better, they are about the same price here.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/05/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Khalador
LS stacks on repetitive casts now, not movement.

Well I just assumed he knew not to spam moonfire while standing. At least I hope he knew that.

Also to anyone who might see this, Raid Finder Insignia of the corrupted mind is better than Heroic NF, Regular VPLC, and DMC:V(though this could be highly dependent on your haste level). So you might want to go try for it if you didn't get the normal version

I didn't know that, that's awesome to know. I've really missed having haste proc'd items, so I'm excited about this trinket.

I hope you don't lose it to a ret paladin like my boomkin did.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
A ret pally did win an Agility ring a friend of mine was in. What's going on with Rets these days!?!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I was going to ask, but before I posted I decided to research, what the next break points were for DoTs. I wanted to know about the 15th tick because I have Dark Intent every time I raid and Nature's Grace is a given...

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/calc.php

That website I found in the sticky clearly spelled it out. I will need 3782 haste to get to the 15th tick. So now I can plan accordingly because that number is extremely far off. 2637 is my baseline now and for the foreseeable future.

Just posting in case anyone else is looking and comes here first.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I was going to ask, but before I posted I decided to research, what the next break points were for DoTs. I wanted to know about the 15th tick because I have Dark Intent every time I raid and Nature's Grace is a given...

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/calc.php

That website I found in the sticky clearly spelled it out. I will need 3782 haste to get to the 15th tick. So now I can plan accordingly because that number is extremely far off. 2637 is my baseline now and for the foreseeable future.

Just posting in case anyone else is looking and comes here first.

Even though you won't be reaching another break point this tier, haste is still better than mastery. Check wrathcalcs to see what your own EP values are, but haste is still very good. Also, if you get to 2800 passive haste, then heroic insignia of the corrupted mind gets you to the 17 tick break point when it procs.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice. I currently am using the heroic spec listed in this guide as I am trying to get geared up enough to start using LFR but I was wondering if I switch to a raiding spec if I would notice an increase in my DPS our would it not make a difference. Also I am already raid hit capped but I wonder if I am hurting my DPS since I don't raid yet. If someone could take a look at me that would be wonderful. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
OK, so i managed to reforge my rune of zeth (100g, wtf), i switched my shoulders out, i should be able to afford the leg chants soon, then a guildy is willing to lend me some gold to replace other stuff for the sake of better dps, and i asked GM if i could have one of the 5 DMC:V in the g bank (no response yet). im keeping LS for hagara mostly, i cant use a second boom spec to switch between because they still need me to heal Zon'ozz for now, until our gear gets better. I think i covered everything, if i missed something pls tell me. :)
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Druid
Will of Unbinding ( LFR ) vs DMC:V which one should i use?
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
Check on WrathCalcs, its highly dependent on your haste level which to use.
Edited by Tagartou on 12/7/2011 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Looking for some advice on gear choices. Any comments would help just want to make sure that my trinkets are ok.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
From the list I use for BiS it shows trinkets as:

Will of Unbinding (H): 940 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (H): 878 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel (H): 846 DPS
Will of Unbinding: 836 DPS
Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (H): 783 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind: 772 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel: 750 DPS
Will of Unbinding (LFR): 741 DPS
Variable Pulse Lighting Capacitor: 698 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (LFR): 664 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel (LFR): 664 DPS
Necromantic Focus (H): 656 DPS
Darkmoon Card: Volcano: 607 DPS
Necromantic Focus: 581 DPS
Foul Gift of the Demon Lord: 577 DPS
Bottled Wishes: 575 DPS

So, I don't know if your Bottled Wishes is still able to be vendored, but it's not quite as good as the iLvl shows it to be. I usually take those DPS #s loosely, but I think the heirarchy is still accurate.

Reply Quote
20 Worgen Druid
currently sitting at 2669 haste and we dont really get locks all that often so DI is a no go, that haste is with Will of unbinding on.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
From the list I use for BiS it shows trinkets as:

Will of Unbinding (H): 940 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (H): 878 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel (H): 846 DPS
Will of Unbinding: 836 DPS
Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (H): 783 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind: 772 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel: 750 DPS
Will of Unbinding (LFR): 741 DPS
Variable Pulse Lighting Capacitor: 698 DPS
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (LFR): 664 DPS
Cunning of the Cruel (LFR): 664 DPS
Necromantic Focus (H): 656 DPS
Darkmoon Card: Volcano: 607 DPS
Necromantic Focus: 581 DPS
Foul Gift of the Demon Lord: 577 DPS
Bottled Wishes: 575 DPS

So, I don't know if your Bottled Wishes is still able to be vendored, but it's not quite as good as the iLvl shows it to be. I usually take those DPS #s loosely, but I think the heirarchy is still accurate.

Where is this list from, and what are the criteria for the DPS numbers there? Because a few things look highly suspect to me. Namely, that bottled wishes would be worse than reg NF, and that LFR cunning of the cruel would be better than DMC, NF and bottled wishes, especially considering how few true multi-target fights there are this tier.

Also, I'd expect insignia, even the LFR version, to be much higher on the list.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/p/moonkin-raiding-gear-list-as-of_06.html

And running my own sims with my gear. Usually if you have the stat weights and hit cap, the results are the same for the order.

Cunning is being weighted as if the proc was always hitting something. In your in LFR, need on it and use it on AoE fights.

I said to use the numbers loosely. I put them there so people could see some kind of weight on them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/06/2011 03:30 PMPosted by Aneria
Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice. I currently am using the heroic spec listed in this guide as I am trying to get geared up enough to start using LFR but I was wondering if I switch to a raiding spec if I would notice an increase in my DPS our would it not make a difference. Also I am already raid hit capped but I wonder if I am hurting my DPS since I don't raid yet. If someone could take a look at me that would be wonderful. Thanks!

Not sure what your question is exactly. If you're raiding, you should have a raiding spec. If you're not, then not. Getting to 17% hit when all you're doing in heroics will hurt your DPS, yes. But if you plan on raiding soon, it's probably not worth it to mess with things too much.

If you really want to tear up heroics, then you need to drop as much hit as possible, get to the last haste breakpoint your gear can manage, and then reforge everything else to mastery. Then for trash you'll sit in solar and dot everything up, drop shrooms, and spam starfire so you don't lose your eclipse. On bosses you'll run a normal rotation.

Bu really, if your goal is to eventually raid, why bother? If you want to run with a raid spec to get used to things, by all means, do it. Just get your gear and get into LFR.

12/07/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Axuraz
currently sitting at 2669 haste and we dont really get locks all that often so DI is a no go, that haste is with Will of unbinding on.

Wrathcalcs. I believe you'll be gaining a breakpoint if you put DMC back on, but I don't really feel like looking it up. There's a non-DI point at 2700-something.

12/07/2011 01:47 AMPosted by Warlasher
Looking for some advice on gear choices. Any comments would help just want to make sure that my trinkets are ok.

What did bottled wishes replace? You probably would have done better to replace your belt, first, as the VP belt is amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/p/moonkin-raiding-gear-list-as-of_06.html

And running my own sims with my gear. Usually if you have the stat weights and hit cap, the results are the same for the order.

Cunning is being weighted as if the proc was always hitting something. In your in LFR, need on it and use it on AoE fights.

I said to use the numbers loosely. I put them there so people could see some kind of weight on them.

Right, but you also said you'd expect the hierarchy to be accurate, and that's what I don't agree with. Graylo himself always says to take his trinket evaluations with a grain of salt. It's very, very difficult to accurately sim trinkets on a broad scale like that and have it hold true for everyone.

With so many options this tier in terms of various trinkets and their different ilvls, it's much better to refer people to wrathcalcs or, if they feel comfortable, SimulCraft, than to refer them to a generic list.

I'd say bottled wishes should rank really high for anyone that doesn't get DI, because they have the 3101 breakpoint available to them this tier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]