Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Human Priest
Have you ever considered a small to moderate size section in the guide covering Wrathcalcs? It answers most gear questions and is mentioned/recommended all the time, but not everyone is familiar with what it is, what it does, how it works, where to get it, how to set it up around your character, etc. Covering effective Moonkin theorycraft tools in general as opposed to just Wrathcalcs wouldn't be a bad idea either I think, and I say that since Hamlet might not be updating the spreadsheet anymore, it isn't certain anyone else will maintain it (Unless I've missed something).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/12/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Nysem
Have you ever considered a small to moderate size section in the guide covering Wrathcalcs? It answers most gear questions and is mentioned/recommended all the time, but not everyone is familiar with what it is, what it does, how it works, where to get it, how to set it up around your character, etc. Covering effective Moonkin theorycraft tools in general as opposed to just Wrathcalcs wouldn't be a bad idea either I think, and I say that since Hamlet might not be updating the spreadsheet anymore, it isn't certain anyone else will maintain it (Unless I've missed something).

Not sure what the deal is with all the recent wrathcalcs hate, but Tecton has been contributing to/helping maintain WC for a while now, and it's my understanding that he's taking over the EJ guide and WC.

This guide does include a small section in the FAQ that gives links for a few tools that people can use. There is a link to the EJ guide and to wrathcalcs, which already contains a short how-to guide -- I'm not sure what I could add to that guide here.

The only tool I don't really mention is simcraft, and something like that would require a far more in depth description than I have room for here.

I understand the reasoning behind your idea, and think it's a decent one. But this guide exists for people who don't know about EJ, or are maybe intimidated by the site. If someone is already venturing there to download wrathcalcs, then there is a little how-to section they can check out and I see little need to put one here.

But perhaps a little section on how to get the most out of things like wowreforge, chardev, the haste breakpoint calculator and Tag's dot clipping spreadsheet might be worthwhile. I'll spend some time thinking about it and what a good way to implement it would be. Sadly, I'm already running very low on room.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Hey there soo i watched that vid u had up on ur playing around with the dummies and was just wondering what addon are you using that should the IS MF dots right beside there health bar????????
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
/ignore that comment found out lol

for all others its just tidy bars
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I posted a few more videos, though none of them are guides. I have some more good footage that I just need to edit and upload, for H zonozz and reg spine. Hopefully will get some good ultraxion and madness footage this Sunday.

Considering doing voiceovers for the guides instead of text, but dunno, just depends on how much I can stand listening to my own voice.

/ignore that comment found out lol

for all others its just tidy bars

Glad you found it. There's a full list of addons in the description part of that video. Let me know if you have any questions on how to set any of it up, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/14/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Valeor
Generally for Warmaster, is doing a normal rotation or solar camping better?

I was kind of on the normal rotation boat (no pun intended) until our last 2 attempts where I solar camped and just blew everyone out of the water. Plus, when you get to heroic it gets really important to have high mobility, which means that solar camping is going to be even better.

So I'd say just roll dots on everything with priority on the dragons, and keep E&M up on the dragons by nuking them with starfire, and use starfall on CD.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ultraxion video is up! It's an audio guide and I was super nervous while recording it. Had to do like, 5 takes or something before I got something that I could live with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utxseSaRa1M

edit: I also just put our zonozz kill video up. It's our first kill, so kind of messy. But maybe it'll be of some use until I can get a better recording and make a guide for it.
Edited by Eluial on 1/16/2012 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Ultraxion video is up! It's an audio guide and I was super nervous while recording it. Had to do like, 5 takes or something before I got something that I could live with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utxseSaRa1M

Good video :)

I liked the Zon'ozz video too. Our strat has been quite different and we're wiping after the second transition phase. We are switching our resto shaman for a disc priest and changing our disc priest to a mage tonight, so who knows, we might get it tonight. For that fight though, who got DI? It didn't look like you and the warlock was there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For that fight though, who got DI? It didn't look like you and the warlock was there.

We both derped, so no one had it actually. I think I realized it about halfway through the fight and just thought "eh, !@#$ it, we're not gonna kill him anyway."
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I normally raid as a resto druid (7/8 of the fights in DS). We've been starting HM and are working on Yor'sahj (actually have killed him) and I've had to go moonkin for the fight. But my DPS is very low for the gear I'm wearing.

Most of my gear is still my resto gear that I'm not willing to reforge, but I have started to collect pieces for my boomkin set.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z3359a7p5in92qjk/sum/damageDone/?s=2580&e=3124 (Closest repeat kill, so I figure it is a good one to go off of)
WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7agk4oba0awf4kam/sum/damageDone/?s=3852&e=4084

These logs are prior to having the relic, ring 1, belt and VPLC.

The pieces of gear that are moonkin specific are: Neck, Chest, Weapon, relic, ring 1, belt and trinkets. And like I said, I'm working on getting more moonkin specific gear (like t13 pieces).

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also have tier tokens for head (LFR) and shoulders that I could turn in and give t13 2p bonus. Wrathcalcs says this would be a small upgrade ~500dps but I would lose a good deal of haste in the upgrade.
Edited by Kalette on 1/18/2012 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When I look at a the Talnets for alot of Moonkins I see them take Dreamstate. I guess I don't understand this as I rarely run out of Mana. Is this more for Heroric's?

I watched your video on Warmaster. I cannot even come close to your DPS. I am get maybe 18000. It is probably because I moving to much.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
01/18/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Bonemender
When I look at a the Talnets for alot of Moonkins I see them take Dreamstate.
Well there isn't much else to put it in. LS is awful. And moonglow is worse for regen than Dreamstate. Outside the moonkin tree we have Furor which is worthless for us, BotG which is like .0000001% damage increase, and then resto or feral talents. Dreamstate is just kinda where people end up dropping those points.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
When I look at a the Talnets for alot of Moonkins I see them take Dreamstate. I guess I don't understand this as I rarely run out of Mana. Is this more for Heroric's?

I watched your video on Warmaster. I cannot even come close to your DPS. I am get maybe 18000. It is probably because I moving to much.

For dreamstate, what Tag said.

For warmaster, I have a few advantages over you in gear, so yeah your DPS will be lower than mine. But I'd expect to see more than 18k. For all of phase one you want to make sure to solar camp, rolling dots on everything with priority given to the dragons, and use starfire to keep E&M up on the dragons. Use starfall on CD.

For phase 2 keep dots on both warmaster and the dragon, and use starfall only in lunar. If your guild uses lust for the dragon, you probably don't want to worry about using your trees, cause they'll just try to reach the dragon and waste their DPS. Just wait til the dragon is dead and then use them.

I normally raid as a resto druid (7/8 of the fights in DS). We've been starting HM and are working on Yor'sahj (actually have killed him) and I've had to go moonkin for the fight. But my DPS is very low for the gear I'm wearing.

Most of my gear is still my resto gear that I'm not willing to reforge, but I have started to collect pieces for my boomkin set.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z3359a7p5in92qjk/sum/damageDone/?s=2580&e=3124 (Closest repeat kill, so I figure it is a good one to go off of)
WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7agk4oba0awf4kam/sum/damageDone/?s=3852&e=4084

These logs are prior to having the relic, ring 1, belt and VPLC.

The pieces of gear that are moonkin specific are: Neck, Chest, Weapon, relic, ring 1, belt and trinkets. And like I said, I'm working on getting more moonkin specific gear (like t13 pieces).

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also have tier tokens for head (LFR) and shoulders that I could turn in and give t13 2p bonus. Wrathcalcs says this would be a small upgrade ~500dps but I would lose a good deal of haste in the upgrade.

Kalette, I'm really sorry, I feel like you've been ignored. I keep meaning to take a look at your logs but haven't found the time. Your gear and stuff looks fine though. I saw Tag responded to your thread at the moonkin repository, so I'll continue the conversation there.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
working on heroic spine now. need to know how to customize mr robot or wow-reforge to prioritize int>hit cap>mastery>haste>crit.

Tendon is up for apprx. 19 sec and mastery build is excellent when combined with on use SP trinket for boomy burst. Ive tried messing with reforge manually and can't get exact hit cap with mastery>haste without using a reforge calc.

just need some help customizing the tool.
I'd run SimC with stat weights for a helter skelter type fight, then put those into wowreforge. That should value mastery higher. Or you can manually change stat weights to something like 1 for crit, 2 for haste, 3 for mastery, and 4 for hit.

Or you could set a haste cap right above a breakpoint in addition to the hit cap on wowreforge, but it will take forever to run. I forgot what fight I was forging like that for but it took almost 3 hours to complete the calculation.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
01/20/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
I just tried for 1929 haste, hit cap, and rest mastery and got spit out what my current gear looks like. If you have any reccommendations let me know. I would like to squeeze a little more mastery out. Not buying gems.
http://wowreforge.com/US/Sargeras/Lazerbrain?template=Hit=1742+,Haste=1929,Crit:1.3971,Haste:2.0538,Hit:2.5381,Mastery:1.634,Spi:0.01&reforge=--3507757373--7575353535------3535That should work.

Also looks like they fixed some of the algorithms for computing multi-stat caps, it works about 100x as fast now.

Edit, changed link. Thats as much mastery as you can get.
Edited by Tagartou on 1/20/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]