Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

90 Worgen Druid
01/20/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
I just tried for 1929 haste, hit cap, and rest mastery and got spit out what my current gear looks like. If you have any reccommendations let me know. I would like to squeeze a little more mastery out. Not buying gems.

Is this for H spine, or madness? For spine I'd actually recommend sticking with a haste build. The VP trinket bottled wishes is really good for that, much better than your PvP one. Usually you're going to want to plant yourself 1 cast away from solar for the tentacles, and as soon as the amalgamation is exploding, get to solar, pop whatever CDs you're going to, dots, then wrath spam. For the time your guild uses hero, you want to actually go lunar instead, since the haste is probably going to benefit SF more than wrath.

If it's for madness, you can try using H NF if you have one. If not, moonwell chalice is also a good option.

I know this just depends on RNG, but the belt from Hagara has mastery on it, and it's our BiS anyway, so that might be an option for you if it drops.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hmm, yeah. Thinking about it a bit and watching some videos, it's true. the cast is a lot shorter than I thought it was for some reason.

Just curious, how do you know where to put your shrooms? Or will they always hit the tendon if you plant them in the middle?

Also, that guide is really cool, thanks for sharing it!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/20/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
I would just like wow reforge or mr robot to be a bit more user friendly about stat priorities, as that was the most difficult part about setting up a burst spec.
I don't really get why you think wowreforge is unfriendy in that department. You have multiple setting for different stat caps and you are free to edit the numbers in the stat boxes. They just don't have preloaded weights for "mastery heavy". But its easy enough to either find the stat weights for that priority, put in false stat weights reflecting priority that should work fine, or just swap mastery and hastes stat weights.
Reply Quote
01/20/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
Right now I have decided to go with heroic necromantic focus and moonwell. This requires bloods to be up to maintain the 10 stacks with dotting. With my reforging this results in a 60% increase to eclipse damage. Next week I can try the other vp trinket to replace moonwell.

If you can spare the conquest points, I believe the conquest on-use spellpower trinket beats out bottled wishes, especially if the tendon lasts any bit longer than 15 seconds, unless your raid group takes less than 2 minutes to get from one tendon to the next.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Okay I'm getting really frustrated at my DPS. I did 29k on Ultraxion and for my gear level that really isn't good enough.

I feel like I've done everything I can but the numbers are just not improving. I've included the log of our last kill so any advice would be appreciated.

Btw I was specced into lunar shower and didn't have the focus glyph for this logs. This has since been changed.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q410bvmdrx2h8xf1/sum/damageDone/?s=5359&e=5658
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just won Cunning of the Cruel last night. I'm guessing it's fun for trash pulls, but any bosses where it would actually come in handy, was thinkin maybe Warmaster? And if you see anything else wrong give me a shout please =]
Edited by Prometheeus on 1/22/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Prometheeus
I just won Cunning of the Cruel last night. I'm guessing it's fun for trash pulls, but any bosses where it would actually come in handy, was thinkin maybe Warmaster?

Yorsajh/Hagara/Madness are all fights where that can potentially be handy, but only while a proc occurs during the aoe phases of those fights, which unfortunately won't happen alot of the time. It isn't that good a trinket for us on single target at all, we have far better ones to choose from, like the above poster mentioned.

Just know that if you beat an Aff lock/Spriest/Demo lock for that trinket, you cruelly denied someone a veritable bis upgrade that would've been extremely helpful for them on single taget, and ridiculously OP in aoe scenarios :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
just wondering what addons are decent for keeping track of dots ect ?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
great guide btw :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Okay I'm getting really frustrated at my DPS. I did 29k on Ultraxion and for my gear level that really isn't good enough.

I feel like I've done everything I can but the numbers are just not improving. I've included the log of our last kill so any advice would be appreciated.

Btw I was specced into lunar shower and didn't have the focus glyph for this logs. This has since been changed.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q410bvmdrx2h8xf1/sum/damageDone/?s=5359&e=5658

Watch the video guide I posted. But in short, you're applying your dots outside of eclipse too often, you're not lining starfall up with lunar, you're not using a pot.

01/22/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Prometheeus
I just won Cunning of the Cruel last night. I'm guessing it's fun for trash pulls, but any bosses where it would actually come in handy, was thinkin maybe Warmaster? And if you see anything else wrong give me a shout please =]

What Lazer said. Also, MOAR haste!

01/23/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Moonsgracè

Almost any CD of buff related addon will do this for you. If you prefer bars, there are addons like quartz, classtimer, needtoknow, fortexorcist and a million more that can do that. If you prefer icons, there's powerauras, satrina buff frames and some others, too. Most unit frames addons have the option of enlarging your buffs/debuffs on your target if you'd rather track them that way. Or you can use something like tidyplates to track them on the enemy health bars.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/23/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Moonsgracè
Personally I use three. I use quartz for a nice, clean, and accurate display of how much time is left. I use Power Auras to warn me if a DoT is below 4s, or if I am about to leave eclipse and my DoTs won't last within a reasonable margin of my next eclipse. And then I use Tidy Plates to keep an eye on which targets need DoTs in AoE situations.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/24/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Tagartou
or if I am about to leave eclipse and my DoTs won't last within a reasonable margin of my next eclipse.

Do you haz an export? That's intriguing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Aura[26]=Version:4.22; icon:Ability_Druid_EclipseOrange; buffname:eclipse (solar); x:-119; texture:151; alpha:1; inVehicle:0; off:true; y:-79; texmode:2; ismounted:0@
Aura[27]=Version:4.22; icon:Ability_Druid_Eclipse; buffname:eclipse (lunar); x:144; texture:150; alpha:1; inVehicle:0; off:true; y:-79; texmode:2; ismounted:0@
Aura[31]=Version:4.22; b:0; g:0.0431; icon:ability_druid_eclipseorange; bufftype:10; alpha:1; aurastext:Refresh DoTs!; multiids:26/34; inVehicle:0; PowerType:208; threshold:35; off:true; textaura:true; combat:true; size:0.96; y:-46; texmode:1; ismounted:0@
Aura[32]=Version:4.22; b:0; g:0.0157; icon:ability_druid_eclipse; bufftype:10; alpha:1; aurastext:Refresh DoTs!; multiids:27/34; inVehicle:0; PowerType:108; threshold:40; off:true; textaura:true; combat:true; size:0.96; y:-46; texmode:1; ismounted:0@
Aura[34]=Version:4.22; InvertAuraBelow:11; target:true; icon:Spell_Nature_InsectSwarm; buffname:Insect Swarm; bufftype:2; alpha:0.1; mine:true; inVehicle:0; off:true; customtex:true; ismounted:0; finish:0@

I think those are the auras, with changing the "invertaurabelow" time to what works for you. You could also set up one to be used just with Lunar and one just with Solar by changing 31(Solar) or 32(Lunar) to correspond with the aura that has the time set for that eclipse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]