Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, I didn't take it over anyone who would actually have needed it. It was replacing the old JP trinket (mastery and on use like 1200 SP I think). And yeah I'm just waiting for the Yor'sahj trinket to drop for me to get it. Just got Will of the Unbinding from LFR. Besides the trinket though anything else you would change or do?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
01/25/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Varthin
Savings? Well let's see.. I don't spend a single penny more for WoW than I did before.. and I get a free $50-$60 game for free.. I think saving 50-60 bucks was great.

Think it this way. There are people who will not be playing Diablo 3. Its not money lost by blizzard to hand over a free digital copy, only potential money lost. And total sales always outnumber the potential sales anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
01/25/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Tikichicken
Think it this way. There are people who will not be playing Diablo 3. Its not money lost by blizzard to hand over a free digital copy, only potential money lost. And total sales always outnumber the potential sales anyways.

Did you quote from a different forum and put this here?

Edit: Also your point is stupid.
Edited by Khalador on 1/25/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As in response to your gold problem fellow druid of the horde your Blacksmithing and mining see how much belt buckles go for on your server. if its around 450g+ i would highly recommend buying that pattern and selling those if not then farm ore and sell it on the auction house if gems are expensive on your server odds are the ore is too considering its needed to receive gems Good luck
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j47utsgi4h1f4n79/sum/damageDone/?s=8722&e=9052

Your haste and spell power are both a little low and I think that's holding you back the most. Your staff is really not very good for Moonkin. Only getting 87 haste from a reforge for those 2 slots sucks, but I assume you get the best you can. The dagger off DW and an off-hand would probably net a nice gain for you or any staff 384+ with haste on it or MH/OH with haste on them.

I wrote all that and re-read your question "is that the best I can do in my current gear". Sorry if the gear advice is unwarranted.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey im like 70 haste off 3101 should i just eat haste food or gem it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/29/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Gellea
Hey im like 70 haste off 3101 should i just eat haste food or gem it?

Wrathcalcs. Though you're more like 120 haste off because you're using the wrong boot enchant.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
allright i changed that and put in 2 reckless lava corals eating haste food im at 3102
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Eluial,

I just watched some of your moonkin vids on youtube - I know it looks like you spent a ton of time customizing your UI but can you give me a quick list of some of the addons you use. I especially like the cooldown timer underneath your eclipse bar. Basically I would love to have the UI you have but don't know if I have the time to spend to customize it (especially the timers and floating text you have).

Thanks,

PP
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
im really sorry i think you misinterpreted what i said. What you logged off in earlier (50 haste to boots was fine) I am only running lava walker because with my gear I am well above the 3101 breakpoint. If you have to eat haste food rather than int food to get to 3101 you want to stick with 50 haste to boots.

lavawalker is a very very minor dps gain on high movement fight and is nice to have if your gear can afford it, however int always > haste.

im really sorry if I have wasted your gold or anything with enchants. I was just commenting that I am able to use lavawalker and that your previous gear changes looked great.

Yeah, not sure what happened here. Gellea, did you check wrathcalcs? What did it tell you?

As for the boot enchant, haste is better than lavawalker only on a fight like ultraxion (where the gain is so small it can be lost in RNG) OR if you're so close to a breakpoint that all you have to do to get there is change the boot enchant. Changing the enchant + using reckless in several red sockets + eating haste food just isn't close enough.

Break points are good for our DPS, yes, but they're not end goals or caps you're trying desperately to reach. When your gear allows you to get there, you get there. Otherwise you run the risk of sacrificing a lot of DPS for it.

Eluial,

I just watched some of your moonkin vids on youtube - I know it looks like you spent a ton of time customizing your UI but can you give me a quick list of some of the addons you use. I especially like the cooldown timer underneath your eclipse bar. Basically I would love to have the UI you have but don't know if I have the time to spend to customize it (especially the timers and floating text you have).

Thanks,

PP

There's actually a full list in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLiZEW3ohO4
There's a little explanation of the various addons there, too, but that's one of the first videos I made so it's kind of, well, not very good. I've been meaning to remake that one actually. But I need to find the time, and there's a queue of videos both for the guide and for my guild that come before it.

I can look into exporting my UI, but I'm not sure how that works and how much flexibility you'd have to adjust things if I did it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yorsahj guide is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx37qiFOMw

I swear, one of the worst things you can do to yourself is to force yourself to listen to your own voice again and again and again while also watching a video of yourself playing wow. SO MUCH BADNESS!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/30/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
btw are you getting tricks and DI?

Yep. Lucky me :P But our mage has decided to go fire for a lot of fights, so we're now missing our 3% damage buff *grumble grumble*

Now if only I could get my second trinket to drop...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]