Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Night Elf Druid
There's actually a full list in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLiZEW3ohO4
There's a little explanation of the various addons there, too, but that's one of the first videos I made so it's kind of, well, not very good. I've been meaning to remake that one actually. But I need to find the time, and there's a queue of videos both for the guide and for my guild that come before it.

I can look into exporting my UI, but I'm not sure how that works and how much flexibility you'd have to adjust things if I did it.

Ya I checked out your moonkin rotation and UI vid before and I saw the PA and Bartender addons - I also notice that you use Tidy Plates and Balance Tracker. The things I was curious about was what you use for your unit frames (like your player framer, target frame, moveable minimap, etc...) and what is that little cooldown timer below your Eclipse Bar - I think it's awesome.

Fantastic vids btw, truly inspiring.

-PP
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
fortexorcist is the CD bar, and I use shadowed unit frames for my player/target frames.

There's actually a full list of all the visible addons in the video information section for that rotation/UI video. Just click where it says "show more" underneath the video, above where the comments go.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Anyone got opinions on weapons in DS...I've been trying for the staff off Madness, any opinions or is that the best bet for boomkin atm?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ti'tahk is ranked highest for you on Rawr. Other options are Rathrak which I've seen give up around 900 dps from the proc during aoe fights, lightning rod, visage of the destroyer, or vagaries of time. Ti'tahk (397) is only weaker than lightning rod (397) or rathrak (397) if it doesn't have power torrent on it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/30/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Prometheeus
Anyone got opinions on weapons in DS...I've been trying for the staff off Madness, any opinions or is that the best bet for boomkin atm?

H Vagaries + ledger is BiS without DI I believe (if you don't have dragonwrath). With DI, I'm not certain if reg titahk wins, but I kind of doubt it cause the proc is sucky. H Rathrak is technically better than vagaries, but yeah... if you get that then you've killed deathwing and you're done with the xpac, so who cares?

01/31/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Xaenah
Ti'tahk is ranked highest for you on Rawr.

I stopped reading once you said Rawr.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you so much for this. I just tossed my feral spec for moonkin cause i missed it so much, and have forgotten everything. Your the best! XD
Reply Quote
Ahoy-hoy. So, I'm currently running in 10m DS, and have run into a staff-y conundrum. Ti'tahk vs. Lightning Rod. Now, these are both the Normal versions, as is the rest of my gear from DS. My question is this: should I be proccing Ti'tahk then weapon switching to Lightning Rod while the buff is on ICD? Or should I just stick to one over the other. Even though the ICD is listed at 45s, the chance is so abysmal that I'm just not sure.

Any word would be great, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Eluial,

I doubt you remember our last talk about our curret 4p. It basically went me QQ about the 4 set and deciding to stay in my H T12 untill i can gather a 4p H T13 and you agreeing. Sadly since this time i have taken a break of sorts, finishing up school and working most nights, so i have not gathered any H T13.

I am now trying to get back into the swing of things and have noticed the changes to our 4pc with this patch. So i was wanting to know how you feel about it? Do you think a 4p normal mode is worth replacing Heroic T12? Or do you feel it is still too weak to give up on our awsum T12?

Again thank you for any and all advice, have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
01/31/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Khamke
My question is this: should I be proccing Ti'tahk then weapon switching to Lightning Rod while the buff is on ICD?
For one, you would only be using Lightning Rod for 15s because switching anything out puts a minimum 30s ICD(or CD if its activated). Secondly if you were to gear around Ti'Tahk then half of Lightning Rods usefulness, it's stats, goes away(well really more like 30% of its stats because of reforging but w/e). And if you weren't gearing around Ti'Tahk then you would lose the hit cap when equipping it.

So in short, no. Stick with one or the other.

As for which to use, I suggest using wrathcalcs for that data. Just from looking at your gear though then I would say that with a lock giving you DI go for Ti'Tahk, without one go for Lightning Rod and gem up to the 3102 haste breakpoint(again, just thoughts, no data behind that except peeking at your gear). But you should be aiming for the dagger off DW and the OH off Ultraxion, they should be your best bet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Man, you're all wearing T6! I feel original. Sorry for slight off-topicness, just want to say bye to some of my favorite boomkins before the sub runs out :D I hope DS has fared thee well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/31/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Moineau
Man, you're all wearing T6! I feel original. Sorry for slight off-topicness, just want to say bye to some of my favorite boomkins before the sub runs out :D I hope DS has fared thee well.

ah mah gah

:( have funz in the real world. Stop by inc bear every so often plzkthx

Also, T6 was the best druid tier ever. That's why everyone has it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh I have all eight pieces. I just remember the day the patch hit, I saw it everywhere. :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Before I begin my question I just have to say this is the best Boomkin Guide imaginable. Every time someone asks me for help I always refer to this thread. 2 Thumbs up!

Anyway, my question is regarding the T13 4pc. I've been accustomed to saving starsurge procs for an eclipse if it's getting close especially if I'm going toward Lunar and I'm above 50. At any point should I use starsurge when going toward Lunar/Solar eclipses while still neutral? Also, when it's not a proc but a cast, should I still only stick to starfire when going toward Solar or should I throw in a starsurge assuming it's available to cast and I'm still a ways from entering Solar eclipse?

Thank you.
Edited by Chirp on 2/1/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
SS goes back to pre-T12 4 behavior. Use it on cooldown with a few exceptions. One set of exceptions is when a procs makes it so that you can grt one extea cast in eclipse, and these situations are when you get a proc and you have already cast a SS on lunar, save the proc for after the last starfire(making sure it is still buffed by lunar); when you get a proc near the end of solar, use it immediately after the cast that will take you out of solar, though this may be better phrased as use it right before your first uneclipsed wrath as on bosse where you are far away you want to cast as many wraths as you can before leaving eclipse. The other exceptions are that you want to hold SS if you are close to an eclipse and you don't want to cast it in presolar if it won't reduce your # of SS casts.

I'm not entirely sure about the use of GoSS on fights besides Zon'ozz heroic and Madness partly because of how the 2 set buffs GoW.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/31/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Valeor
Also, T6 was the best druid tier ever. That's why everyone has it.

Tier 7 says different.

Pfft, everyone knows T7 is a lying !@#$%. I wouldn't believe a word it says.

Before I begin my question I just have to say this is the best Boomkin Guide imaginable. Every time someone asks me for help I always refer to this thread. 2 Thumbs up!

Anyway, my question is regarding the T13 4pc. I've been accustomed to saving starsurge procs for an eclipse if it's getting close especially if I'm going toward Lunar and I'm above 50. At any point should I use starsurge when going toward Lunar/Solar eclipses while still neutral? Also, when it's not a proc but a cast, should I still only stick to starfire when going toward Solar or should I throw in a starsurge assuming it's available to cast and I'm still a ways from entering Solar eclipse?

Thank you.

Thanks! :D

For your rotation questions, as far as starting at full neutral goes, the general advice in the rotation section holds true for T12 and T13:
Single Target Opener
When starting at FULL neutral (arrows on eclipse bar point both ways)
To go to solar eclipse
IS -> MF -> starfire til eclipse -> wrath -> starsurge
To go to lunar eclipse
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse

The caveat I'd add to that is that if you're going toward solar first and you're able to pre-cast for that fight, you can start off with a SS for a bit of "free" damage.

For when to use SS otherwise, for any setup except for 4pcT12, you always use it on CD every time it's up, whether it's a cast or a proc. The exception is something you kind of mentioned, which is if you're really close to lunar eclipse you might want to hold on to it. Where "really close" ends up being is a bit of a grey area. If you're 1 cast away from lunar, definitely hold it. If you *just* exited solar, definitely use it. The closer you get to lunar, the more likely you're going to want to be to hold it, but at that point it becomes playing the odds. A good rule of thumb is probably 2-3 casts away, depending on your haste.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For all the T13 questions:

The buff, though welcome, is really not all that great. It doesn't add a whole lot of value to the bonus, so doesn't change the evaluation all that much. The basic rules still apply, which is upgrade from the same type to the same type, meaning if you're in all regular T12, go to all regular T13. If you're in all heroic T12 go to all heroic T13. I would never recommend using LFR T13 if you at any point had the T12 4set at any level.

That said, I might soften those standards a little bit. For instance, I currently have 3/4 heroic T12 pieces, and I plan on updating to T13 as soon as I have at least 2/4 heroic T13. If you had just 1 heroic piece, or none, I'd say it's very likely worth it to upgrade to reg T13 now.

But, as always, ask wrathcalcs. It can give you actual numbers tailored to your setup (your raid buffs, your haste levels, etc).

And don't be in so much of a rush to upgrade that you take sub-optimal pieces just to get that 4pc. The chest and shoulders are both not very well itemized, so one of them should be your offpiece (preferably the chest, which you get the resto tier chest for).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]