Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

85 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iollan on 5/21/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Wow, I've been trying Boomkin for the last few levels. I THOUGHT I had the basic idea, but DANG!

That eclipse bar is a crazy, non-intuitive thing. Thanks a bunch for this guide, without it, I'm not sure I would have ever worked out some of the finer details.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/07/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Iollan
Well, I was going to plug you into WC but you're in your PvP gear.

Yeah sorry Eluial, I was working on Darkmoon Dominator (which I got) so I was logging out in my pvp gear/spec so I wouldn't forget to change it when I logged in. I'm in my pve gear now, but I can't get the blasted armory to update. Hopefully it will be fixed in the morning.

Edit: Armory is still not updating. They had the webpages down for maintenance so I had hoped it would be fixed, but it's showing nothing new since 24 hours ago... I even just logged in to see if I could force an update and its not working. I'll check again later and see if it will update.

It's working now.

Since your guild doesn't do WoL (or your logs are private if you do), I don't know what buffs you have in your raid. I just assumed everything was present instead of trying to arbitrarily pick what you might or might not have. These are the numbers I got:

DMC:V w/DI - 32148
DMC:V w/o DI - 30695

BW w/DI - 31879
BW w/o DI - 30715

So it looks like my original suggestion of DMC on the nights you have DI and BW on the nights you don't was right. Although the difference between the 2 without DI is so tiny that it's likely to get lost in RNG fluctuations and you can probably just keep DMC:V equipped the whole time (which makes it easier on you to get dot refresh timing down and stuff).
Reply Quote
im a staff moonkin which staff seems better

Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time or Lightning Rod

i was thinking on the steps of time staff sinceit has a higher mastry but with a proc while the other has it as a stat

and another

should i aim to get the VP ring that has mastry or wait for one to drop in 10 man with haste
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iollan on 8/9/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@Iollan, I would change the neck reforge to Mastery. There's no gain in reforging hit to spirit. A small boost in dps for the mastery, but a boost is a boost.
Reply Quote
Which is best
Titahk 403
Rathrak 403 + Dragonfire 397
Vagaries 410 + Dragonfire

I am at with vagaries, around 3087 haste when i researched the haste breakpoint I am in between the top and 2722 ? i think that one. Should i reforge more mastery
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Vagaries, its BiS til H Rathrak. If you are getting Di you are at the top breakpoint you can reach, if not then you should gem up to 3102(but I figured our reforging for you with vagaries and you still aren't above 3000 with current gear, and thats including your excessive orange gems, so I would say you can't feasibly hit the non DI breakpoint with that gear)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iollan on 8/9/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 more than needed when im wearing the right ring super excessive... not
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/09/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Iollan
Changing the neck reforge to mastery would lower the hit rating below cap. I reforge hit to spirit for the reasons stated in the stats section:

You're right, I messed that up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
im a staff moonkin which staff seems better

Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time or Lightning Rod

i was thinking on the steps of time staff sinceit has a higher mastry but with a proc while the other has it as a stat

and another

should i aim to get the VP ring that has mastry or wait for one to drop in 10 man with haste

I don't honestly know how to value the titahk proc, since I've never had a chance to play around with it, but I hear it's terrible. You're probably better off with lightning rod. But H vagaries of time from morchok with an OH is better than either of those.

For the ring, I'd probably stick with your LFR ring. You only gain 11 int from the VP one, and lose a fair amount of haste.

My only other question now would be should I replace my Signet of the Twilight Prophet with Band of Reconstruction. It's a haste loss, but for the int increase I'm thinking I should probably do it. And I can always reforge the mastery to haste. I just hate giving up haste, especially when some VP gear just has crit on it.

Yeah, probably.

02/09/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Naturalshîft

He didn't say super excessive, he said excessive, which it is. Being snarky to people who are trying to help you is a good way to not get help in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/09/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
3 orange gems in red/prismatic slots is excessive.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I hate to be nosey Tagartou, but I see you purchased Bottled Wishes but you don't have it equipped. Any particular fight where you saw a benefit? Or did you just have rotting VP?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/09/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Khalador
I hate to be nosey Tagartou, but I see you purchased Bottled Wishes but you don't have it equipped. Any particular fight where you saw a benefit? Or did you just have rotting VP?
Grabbing it for Spine because I had extra VP and I will be using it for that when my guild gets there. Thought about maybe testing it for H Hagara as well, to have up for feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Grabbing it for Spine because I had extra VP and I will be using it for that when my guild gets there. Thought about maybe testing it for H Hagara as well, to have up for feedback.

After a couple hours of hagara attempts, I was less than impressed with it. Granted, we don't have her dead so I don't really know what the long-term impact might be. I might mess around with it more later, but I think I just got tired of the fight and started forgetting to use it during her stun phases, so I switched back to VPLC.

edit: I also have it reforged to mastery, since I originally planned on just using it for spine, so that might have had an effect on its usefulness for hagara. But overall, hagara now seems to be more of a master these mechanics fight than a DPS check with the 5% nerf (and clearly we are having a very hard time mastering those mechanics).
Edited by Eluial on 2/9/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Tagartou I would like to add that with those gems I am past the haste point
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/09/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
Tagartou I would like to add that with those gems I am past the haste point
Yep you are. I think wowreforge was being stupid earlier, I was doing a simC stat weight reforge check after that and saw that it had me missing like 400 mastery rating from somewhere.

So yes, they are a good thing if you are hitting the breakpoint. I mentioned they weren't because the only tool I had for estimating your stats with H Vagaries was telling me differently.
Edited by Tagartou on 2/9/2012 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah i didnt have the right ring too
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have uploaded my UI!

I've never done this before, so... hopefully it actually works. But if anyone is interested, or wants to just use certain elements of it or w/e, it's here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20836-EluialsMoonkinUI1440x900.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]