Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

90 Tauren Druid
nevermind :P
Edited by Orlém on 2/23/2012 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm actually reading this like I said I would. Heroic Blackhorn is down, but it's probably good to know how to do this for the future anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/24/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Aliandor
I'm actually reading this like I said I would. Heroic Blackhorn is down, but it's probably good to know how to do this for the future anyway.

hehe, awesome!

blackhorn is camp solar, dot all the things, shrooms on the drake your melee is cleaving, starfall on CD and starfire as filler.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
whats ur average dps on fights like reg morch?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/25/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Moonsgracè

I think most of us have only done Reg Morchok once or twice. My heroic dps is 35k with no DI in 25 man. I'm on Kohcrom's side too. It should be higher.

02/24/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Eluial
blackhorn is camp solar, dot all the things, shrooms on the drake your melee is cleaving, starfall on CD and starfire as filler.

In 10 man do you have to soak a lot of barrage's or do you mostly just dps? We reposition adds a lot, and it's been hard to get any mushrooms in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/25/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Moonsgracè

What Khalador said. Really, on like, LFR Morchok you can probably compare it directly to Ultrax. It's maybe a little lower cause in LFR you don't have to zone out so you lose 0 DPS time, while on morchok you still lose time while he's swirling you around. But on H 10m I'm usually between 30-32k, and I'm on Morchok's side.

In 10 man do you have to soak a lot of barrage's or do you mostly just dps? We reposition adds a lot, and it's been hard to get any mushrooms in.

What we've been doing is assigning 2 people a quadrant of the ship. If you don't have the debuff and it lands in your quadrant, you get it. Otherwise, leave it alone. Then we have 1 tank get both the adds while the other one runs around as a freelance soaker. I find there's a really narrow window when I can shroom, though. It's pretty much just once per round of adds, right after both have charged, but before the big swirl.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey fellow Boomkins, I've been trying to figure out what the better offset piece is to replace our boomkin tier. I've been hearing resto tier shoulders but then I see a couple people getting the resto tier chest. Can you guys help me out =/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's resto tier chest. The main thing about it that makes it better is that it has haste, and a lot of it since chespieces have so many stat points on them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@El
Would you mind linking my spreadsheet somewhere so that people can use it to help find when they should refresh? I made it only editable by people with the link so if they don't see it in my sig on TMR it can be hard to find. Also, if you do link it, can you remind people to follow instructions? For reference here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdDQ0YjkwdGxONm9EOG15cGJaLUNuWGc
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Okay thank you, people kept trying to convince me it was the shoulders but my instinct said the chest =]
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nice guide! I just made a video of boomkin doing an End of Time Dungeon. I'll like feedback on the dps/rotation overall strategy that i'm using either on multiadds AOE or single target situation. Thanks!

Here the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTdvqN3N60
Edited by Nacro on 2/27/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@El
Would you mind linking my spreadsheet somewhere so that people can use it to help find when they should refresh? I made it only editable by people with the link so if they don't see it in my sig on TMR it can be hard to find. Also, if you do link it, can you remind people to follow instructions? For reference here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdDQ0YjkwdGxONm9EOG15cGJaLUNuWGc

Done, it's the new spotlight. Sorry it took so long, it's been a crazy week or so for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@El

Done, it's the new spotlight. Sorry it took so long, it's been a crazy week or so for me.
Thank you! Also, thank you for stressing why it's important to follow the directions :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@Kenny

I was reading your post in a Heroic Spine thread on moonkin repository. For some reason my work blocks the sign up page on there so I was hoping you can answer this here. The mushrooms under the corruption to break the grip, are the mushrooms alone enough damage or are you having other dps switch as well? Any other advice you can give?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
In 25 man, no

In 10 man, (maybe?)

We want to get the corruption down ~15% hp to break fiery grip. Towards the end of the encounter, the longer that grip is up, the more likely a raid member will die, so whatever instants you have, you should use them. Due to wrath cast time/travel time and me camping 1 starfire out of Lunar, I tend to cast a wrath when grip has ~0.5 left on CD and when I see grip, I use shrooms. Best classes to break corruption are Arcane Mages (4 stacks of AB) and Shadow Priest (can do a mind spike followed by instant mind blast if using Mind Melt correctly). Towards the end of that fight, I'd rather have the grip take ~20% hp and break almost immediately than be precise and risk losing a player, so using your instant damage spells as much as possible on the corruption is very helpful. For this reason, we have everyone precast a spell (knowing some won't ^^) and have Spriests/Arc Mages do the remaning damage if needed (Think this is overkill for 10 man though).

I don't know about 10 man hp, but my shrooms do about 60k dmg. If thats ~15% of tendon then I would say yes. I don't know what your group comp is, but we have an afflic lock so 8% spell dmg is already on the tendon as soon as it spawns (I think). If you don't, I would recommend saving a shroom denotation so that you will have Earth and Moon for the entire duration of the tendon. I don't know how important boomkins are for tendon damage in 10 man, but I am not expected nor can pump out damage nearly as well as rets/arc mages/warriors/rogues.

I haven't theory tested it yet, but I'm curious about Moonwell Chalice vs. Bottled Wishes. I haven't put much effort into it, but I know that it would increase your eclipse by around 15-20% and I'm not sure if that outweighs Bottled Wishes.

You should be using your innervate on CD to one of the healers, it drains their mana a ton. If there are multiple debuffs up, have your healers judge when they'd like you to tranq to help clear these debuffs.

I could probably stream next time I do it if you are online/not busy at the time.

Also, I don't really check these forums that much, so best way to contact me is in game. I tend to prefer showing what I do or what the person could do better over writing out what I do or how someone could improve >.>
Edited by Kenny on 2/29/2012 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the help. I'm in 25 man now, so that's why I sought your advice. If I have any other questions, I'll make a toon on Aerie Peak and ask.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nice guide! I just made a video of boomkin doing an End of Time Dungeon. I'll like feedback on the dps/rotation overall strategy that i'm using either on multiadds AOE or single target situation. Thanks!

Here the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTdvqN3N60

Wow... I wish everyone who asked for help posted a video of their game play. Seriously... way better than sifting through logs or asking people to describe their rotation.

Anywho, I'm going to try to be super nitpicky, but I understand that we all make silly mistakes from time to time (I know this from watching my own videos!).

Also, I love how you say "moonkin!"

OK, for the adds - honestly, mushroom is pretty overkill for those guys, especially on the first wave where you wait to get to solar before you explode them - only 1 add is still up when you explode them.

I know you just entered the instance, so your eclipse was at neutral. I would have just applied dots to 1 of them, then started spamming SF to get to solar (cast SF on different ones to get E&M on all of them) and then apply solar dots and keep using SF and SS when it procs. Same thing with the 2nd wave. Don't use hurricane - 3 adds is very not worth it at all.

For the boss
At ~3:53-3:55 where you reach that first lunar, it's hard to say exactly (your UI is kind of hard to follow), but it looks like you're applying your dots before lunar actually procs. Neither of your dots triggers NG, which means that neither of them were cast during eclipse.

You mention this yourself, but you forgot to cast SS even though it was up the whole time during lunar - I'd recommend getting Power Auras to remind you when it's available for use.

4:16 - applied dots outside of eclipse. You should have noticed they were low before you left lunar and reapplied them then. Here you DO trigger NG. That means that so far, except for the very first solar dots you cast at the beginning, none of your dots have been eclipse buffed this fight.

4:21 or so, when you hit solar, you cast an instant SS on the tail end of the SF that put you in solar - don't do that! That SS was not eclipse buffed, but it still used up your eclipse energy. Any instant spell cast on the tail end of a non-instant will have the properties of the non-instant. So an instant starsurge cast on the tail end of the last SF that takes you out of eclipse will be eclipse-buffed, but an instant SS cast on the tail end of the SF that puts you IN eclipse will NOT be eclipse buffed. If you wait a split second to see that "Eclipse (Solar)!" message from balance power tracker you should be fine, or you can just cast a wrath before putting up dots or using a SS proc.

You also clip NG really badly (hard to say, looks like ~6s, but low res image so I'm not sure) when you enter solar eclipse. Even though you messed up and your dots weren't eclipse buffed before, you should have at least waited for NG to fall off (or have 1s left) before reapplying your solar dots.

At 4:33 you reapply solar dots while NG is still up and you're about to leave eclipse. This is GOOD! But at 4:42, after you get tail swiped, you reapply then AGAIN, overwriting your NG buffed dots with non-NG buffed ones. I'm not sure why you did this, you probably could have made it to lunar with those dots.

At 5:29 you do the instant SS on the tail end of the SF that gets you to solar again, and you heavily clip your LUNAR buffed dots as you enter eclipse - there's no reason to do that.

In general, it looks like you just need to clean up your dot management. There's no need to reapply just because you hit eclipse - let your old dots fall off (or get to 2s) before reapplying, unless you're about to leave eclipse and haven't reapplied yet.
Edited by Eluial on 2/29/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So this has been bothering me for a good while now

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Moonfire; [mod, target=focus] Moonfire

When you reach solar moonfire turns into sunfire, the tooltip itself changes accordingly, but it's darkened out as if I can't use it but I can. Now being slightly OCD about my UI (slightly be an understatement >.>) is there anything I can add to the macro to make it not dark? If not I guess I'll just have to live with it >_<
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Wow a really appreciate this detailed feedback and yes I need you to be this nitpicky! Sry, my english is very bad...;-) couple of comments from my side

02/29/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Eluial
At ~3:53-3:55 where you reach that first lunar, it's hard to say exactly (your UI is kind of hard to follow), but it looks like you're applying your dots before lunar actually procs. Neither of your dots triggers NG, which means that neither of them were cast during eclipse.
You are right. This happened because I casted my dots while the last wrath was still traveling. I think that u mentioned this problem on ur Ultraxion vid for instance, u mentioned to send an extra wrath, is this is ok to always do that or maybe wait until a SF has been casted on the lunar side to refresh?

In general i think the main problem is more a NG management than just a DOT's and tyvm for pointing that out, because NG was something out of my radar in my DOT's management. I'll modify mi UI a little bit and posted a new video working on a dummy so u can check if i'm doing better. Please contact me. I'll like to "hire" you as my moonkin "trainer", if possible.

Best Regards
Edited by Nacro on 3/1/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So this has been bothering me for a good while now

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Moonfire; [mod, target=focus] Moonfire

When you reach solar moonfire turns into sunfire, the tooltip itself changes accordingly, but it's darkened out as if I can't use it but I can. Now being slightly OCD about my UI (slightly be an understatement >.>) is there anything I can add to the macro to make it not dark? If not I guess I'll just have to live with it >_<

I never noticed that because I hide my main action bar. I'm not sure. You might try asking on the Macros and UI forum. But yeah, that would bug me too.

Please contact me at [email]. I'll like to "hire" you as my moonkin "trainer", if possible.

Heh, I don't mind giving you pointers and feedback on videos and stuff you post, and you're welcome to either keep posting here, or to send me private messages at themoonkinrepository.com (my nickname there is Eluial). I don't really give out my private information to random people on the internet (no offense!) and personally, I'd recommend against posting your personal email/full name on public forums like this one.

I think that u mentioned this problem on ur Ultraxion vid for instance, u mentioned to send an extra wrath, is this is ok to always do that or maybe wait until a SF has been casted on the lunar side to refresh?

Yeah, exactly. What you want to do is wait for that message from Balance power tracker that says "Eclipse (Lunar)" to pop up on your screen. While you wait for that you can either keep casting wraths or starfires, it doesn't really matter. But you don't want to cast SS or dots until you see that on your screen.
Edited by Eluial on 3/1/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]