Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

100 Night Elf Druid
So, assuming 4 set from helm, shoulders, gloves, and pants, would I be correct in my assumption that the resto tier is better than the boomkin for a chest piece? >.>
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
03/01/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Raevana
So, assuming 4 set from helm, shoulders, gloves, and pants, would I be correct in my assumption that the resto tier is better than the boomkin for a chest piece? >.>
Indeed, it's the best off-piece option.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Very cool. I'm gonna feel weird running around with non boomy tier as a boomkin, but I'll live. Lol.

Thank you for the response.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Very cool. I'm gonna feel weird running around with non boomy tier as a boomkin, but I'll live. Lol.

Thank you for the response.

I've had a couple people send me tells like "hey bro, you bought the wrong chest piece herp derp". It honestly makes wearing it so much more entertaining.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lol. I can imagine ;P

Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
03/01/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Eluial
Heh, I don't mind giving you pointers and feedback on videos and stuff you post, and you're welcome to either keep posting here, or to send me private messages at themoonkinrepository.com (my nickname there is Eluial).

Thanks for the proposal, I made a second vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_R_Puq7dM trying (at my best knowledge) to apply the recommendations regarding nature grace/ dot's and SS. Although a made couple of errors. My dps went 4-5K higher, so i guess the tips worked very well. Please check it and let me know. Also i did made some UI mod, kinda simulating your UI which i think is awesome!

BEst Regards,

Carlos M.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ok. so im a boomy in a 25 man raid guild. we're 3/8 and hopefully in the next few days 4/8. my problem with this is me. im not pulling the dps i think i should with the gear ive got. im usually somewhere between 14 and 16th place in the recount list making me one of the lower dps. i do the usual rotation (IS MF SS Sf thru to wth and follow the eclipse back n forth redotting when needed) and use volcanic pots. but still i struggle. i even have destruction for dummies. i realise one of my trinkets is essentially below average.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Poisonblack/simple
advice if you can
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Ok. so im a boomy in a 25 man raid guild. we're 3/8 and hopefully in the next few days 4/8. my problem with this is me. im not pulling the dps i think i should with the gear ive got. im usually somewhere between 14 and 16th place in the recount list making me one of the lower dps. i do the usual rotation (IS MF SS Sf thru to wth and follow the eclipse back n forth redotting when needed) and use volcanic pots. but still i struggle. i even have destruction for dummies. i realise one of my trinkets is essentially below average.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Poisonblack/simple
advice if you can
Logs would be fantastic, particularly ultraxion logs taken by you to show how you handle the rotation(taken by you is important because other peoples logs can have messed up DoT times and such.

Majorly what I see is that you have glyph of starfire instead of moonfire, which is really bad, and no glyph of starfall which is also bad. Also, you really, really, really should drop LS, its awful.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@ Poisonblack

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/myomygkelnpxot2r/

Your logs for the first 3 from this lockout.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lmyrmgb6aq7v3ehf/details/11/?s=5790&e=6346

This is your Yor'sahj kill from a previous lock out (this lockout you died, so hard to evaluate).

This is a fight I do consistent on and feel comfortable giving advice. Your main goals should be camping in solar eclipse and having mana at all times. You only had 53 ticks of sunfire compared to 227 of moonfire. You also only had 67 mushrooms hit. In my last kill I had 588 sunfire ticks and 346 mushrooms hit. As an indication of what that means for your dps, I did 50.7k and you did 24.6. Camping solar is essential to getting high dps on that fight. To be honest though, my 50.7k is underperforming. The rank 200 parse is 58.8k so I myself am far from perfect. I believe if I got DI it would push me to about 54kish, but that's another issue. I usually lay mushrooms while running back to yor'sahj from killing the globule, the second I see adds start to pop up I sunfire them immediately and once 5 are stacked on the boss I detonate, drop 3 mushrooms, typhoon (if I have a good frontal cone on them, but if my health is low I don't risk moving out), spam sunfire on adds, detonate again and they're usually dead.

Your spec: You really want dreamstate over moonglow for Yor'sahj in particular. Ideally, you want to be at 90 Lunar power when the mana void drops so 1 cast of starfire will push you into eclipse and give you mana. There will be times when this isn't possible, and casting innervate on yourself with Dreamstate will provide the mana you need to plant mushrooms and spam sunfire.

My overall point is just to show you one fight where you can change your playstyle and really improve on the meters. Someone is going to be #15 and 16 on the meters, but it doesn't have to be you. Almost everyfight in DS requires some outside of the box thinking for moonkins to do well compared to their spriest/rogue/lock counterparts in raid.

I would make the spec changes Tag mentioned as well, LS is very bad and will prevent you from being able to camp solar at all. GL!

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iollan on 5/21/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Iollan
@ Poisonblack: One thing I saw was that you were under hit cap. Only by a bit, but it should be 17%. Though it may work itself out if you fix what the others mentioned.

Meh, .03% below the hitcap is not a big deal at all, especially if it's potentially the difference between more haste/mastery or not.

.03% = 3 in 10,000 casts missing on average. Also, for example, I'm currently at the same exact hit as Poisonblack. To get myself to 1742 hit, I'd be giving up about 20 haste and 100 mastery. nothnx I'll take my .03% chance to miss and keep my haste and mastery.

That said, that doesn't mean that Poison is in the same situation, and it's possible if they fix their reforges they'll actually gain stats. But just pointing out that being that tiny amount below the hit cap is not having any noticeable negative effect on their DPS, and may in fact be improving it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Actually, you could change the gem in your belt to the epic Purified version of what you have and you'd actually gain 5 intellect O.o

They are only about 700g on my server, you you could get lucky and pull the gem from a geode.

Edit: grats on Warmaster, I LOVE THAT FIGHT
Edited by Khalador on 3/8/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Actually, you could change the gem in your belt to the epic Purified version of what you have and you'd actually gain 5 intellect O.o

They are only about 700g on my server, you you could get lucky and pull the gem from a geode.

Hmm, I suppose I could. I have a couple sitting in my bags. I just didn't give it much thought since I really don't care about being .03% below hit cap.

And thanks! We should have gotten it last week, but just had one raid night due to AFKs :(

It's a fun fight, and now that it's down I think I'll enjoy it more. I was getting really frustrated with it when we were wiping nonstop and the fire was covering the whole deck.

edit: the problem with changing to the epic gem, though, is then I'm ABOVE the hit cap. Though it does give me 5 int like you said. But then my OCD might explode because I'll have 1 item with mixed gem types in it. But I'm totally not wasting 2 red epic gems on non-BiS. OMG ISSUES! I'll have to think about it.
Edited by Eluial on 3/8/2012 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Feels good being at exactly 17%.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Khalador
Feels good being at exactly 17%.

I was feeling good where I was until you pointed the gem out -_-

My head is a scary place to be.
Edited by Eluial on 3/8/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
03/08/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Khalador
No joke, that has to be my favorite fight. It's fun being a chicken and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I just wish my guild could get it together and kill the thing because it sure is annoying to wipe because of people dying to everything.

Edit: and with no purple gem you can go slightly above at the expense of only 5 mastery, with the epic gem you can be right at the hit cap and gain 2 mastery and 5 int.
Edited by Tagartou on 3/8/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Tagartou
No joke, that has to be my favorite fight. It's fun being a chicken and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I just wish my guild could get it together and kill the thing because it sure is annoying to wipe because of people dying to everything.

I really do like it, no sarcasm from me at all. The only thing that sucks is the 2 days of Spine wipes that come after it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Tagartou
Edit: and with no purple gem you can go slightly above at the expense of only 5 mastery, with the epic gem you can be right at the hit cap and gain 2 mastery and 5 int.

Hah thanks for running that for me. Got kind of busy at work. <3

My OCD can be appeased.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iollan on 8/9/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
thanks for responding and your advice. i will give these changeds a whirl. and a guildie suggested using power auras to manage my uptime on dots better as well. so im gonna practice all this. if i have any other q's ill come back to you. thx again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]