Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Good thing that doesnt look complicated. ill take my 17-20k dps not worth reading all that for the chances of making it a little higher xD
Edited by Tasmania on 7/9/2011 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So...what do you think about tier pieces? I can't decide whether to go offset with Firecat leggings or RNG from Shannox for shoulders.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
So i have one question now with spirit and hit being the same to get your hit cap do u add your spirit+your hit to get cap?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
07/09/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Kstack
So i have one question now with spirit and hit being the same to get your hit cap do u add your spirit+your hit to get cap?
Spirit+hit-base spirit=spell hit
Edited by Tagartou on 7/9/2011 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
thanks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/09/2011 04:28 PMPosted by Tagartou
So...what do you think about tier pieces? I can't decide whether to go offset with Firecat leggings or RNG from Shannox for shoulders.

In my own BiS I went with the firecat legs. But likely at the reg level, you'll have to reforge some hit instead of haste (likely won't have to do haste -> hit, but will prob have to do crit -> hit on the tier shoulders or something).

I'd say if you're lucky enough to get a haste/hit or spirit set of shoulders to just grab them, as it's definitely a better item. You're going from our 2 worst stats (crit and mastery) to our 2 best (hit and haste), where as on the pants, you're trading just 1 stat. It's just hard to rely on that RNG.

So, TL;DR if you get lucky on shoulders, go with that for offset, I'd say.

07/09/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Kstack

As Tag said above, your base spirit (whatever you have when naked and unbuffed) does not count toward your hit. But if you look at your hit stat on your character sheet, it already calculates the hit you're getting from spirit, as long as you're spec'd into balance of power.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Ooh did some more looking and the resto shoulders are spirit/haste. So I'm thinking I'll grab those for my offset. Unless I get really lucky with loot from Shannox before I get a vanq token.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Can anyone address the horrific numbers simulcraft is putting out for balance even at top gear levels?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfRdRMMkouZrcd

Is the build that they are using, which is kind of abbhorent since LS is quite a big dps loss on most fights and owlkin frenzy is definitely worth speccing into imo.

And they aren't using actual BiS gear which would be 2 avengers rings.

So I'm guessing that simcraft isn't to be trusted.

again.
Edited by Tagartou on 7/12/2011 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
If they weren't to use BIS gear for Balance (I assume an oversight), they probably do the same for others, as well as LS is a DPS loss on AOE (gimmick) fights, but not for single target.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/11/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Devourer
Can anyone address the horrific numbers simulcraft is putting out for balance even at top gear levels?

Can you link to where this is discussed? Given that anyone can set up and run sims on simulcraft I'm pretty apt to ignore statements like "simulcraft is putting out low numbers for X class."

07/12/2011 06:05 AMPosted by Tagartou
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfRdRMMkouZrcd

If that is indeed the spec they're using, there are a few problems with it.

07/12/2011 06:05 AMPosted by Tagartou
And they aren't using actual BiS gear which would be 2 avengers rings.

A little off topic, but I thought that you couldn't equip 2 different avengers rings. At least, I remember someone reporting it was that way on the PTR and I've seen gear discussions that seem to assume that you can't have both equipped.

07/12/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Devourer
LS is a DPS loss on AOE (gimmick) fights, but not for single target.

You must live in an odd world where AoE = gimmick.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
07/12/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Eluial
A little off topic, but I thought that you couldn't equip 2 different avengers rings. At least, I remember someone reporting it was that way on the PTR and I've seen gear discussions that seem to assume that you can't have both equipped.
They aren't marked as "Unique-Signet of the Avengers(1)", just unique. You cannot, however, equip two VP rings.

As for simulcraft I'm assuming he is using this site, which most people link to. http://simulationcraft.org/420/Raid_T12H.html And it's sims are all kinds of screwy, with enh being top and frost mage beating all the specs of 4 classes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
On simulationcraft.com there is a link to T12DPS list. Even if some of the items are not correct or the spec isn't quite the best, it won't make up for the massive disparity. I would post the link but I'm on my phone.

Let me address multitarget fights. You can multidot on Shannox, but all the DPS on dogs is wasted. You can sit in your non-LS spec and AOE on Rhy, but when it comes time to burst adds on Rag or to put down good single target damage on Alys, you cannot.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Ok, when I see evidence of both type of shamans, all 3 rogue specs and frost mages beating shadow priests and balance Druids in dps then I might give credit to their simulation skills. But just so you know these numbers are as bad as the 4.1 and 4.0.6 numbers, but we still turned out fine there despite simulationcrafts's numbers.

Also if you feel strongly that this is an issue then make a new post about it so that people that are concerned can find it, rather than digging through posts in the sticky.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
He managed to make moonkin the most complicated class in the game in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/17/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Cuckoo
He managed to make moonkin the most complicated class in the game in this thread.

Funny thing about a reference guide... it should be a fairly complete reference guide for the topic it's about.

There's no need to read every word in the guide. Just jump to the sections that you have questions about, like enchants, or glyphs, or whatever.

I left out pretty much all math, and lengthy explanations of exactly how every talent works and how they work with each other, and a lot of things about the rotation that I could have put it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
07/17/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Cuckoo

While probably not the most complex, where does this myth come from that balance damage is simple?

Sure, it's very easy to play a basic moonkin rotation and do average damage. The trick is doing excellent damage, and that's by no means simple when you're in an actual raid environment.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
i think im gunna lv a druid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]