Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

90 Troll Druid
I'd say that looks fine, but your log fight is so much shorter than mine that I have no idea(I was sitting around that dps at 4 mons into the fight, but I dropped about 1.5k in the next minute and a half of the fight due to more out of bloodlust time relative to bloodlust time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/27/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Shiftinslug
I don't understand this, with 14.89 mastery it seems IS is a ton better than SnF for solar eclipses. SnF does 20364 damage while IS does a whole 10k more damage at 30976. In a lunar eclipse, MF is better by like 100 damage. Shouldn't we be doing moonfire / SnF first to let IS get the NG buff?

Eh? Where are you getting that information?

07/27/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Shiftinslug
2. Aside from my lack of enchants, how is my gear / gemming / reforging looking? I feel my trinkets are bad, since they are both on-uses instead of an equip, but trinkets confuse me in which is better.

I can't see your armory. Can you post a link?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Shiftinslug/advanced
Where did I get the info? From highlighting my skills when in a solar eclipse.

Edit: After using wowreforge.com (awesome website, thanks to whoever posted it) I have 13.72 mastery and Insect Swarm still deals 10k more damage than Sunfire. (20046 for SnF vs 30481 for IS)
Edited by Shiftinslug on 7/28/2011 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Shiftinslug/advanced
Where did I get the info? From highlighting my skills when in a solar eclipse.

Edit: After using wowreforge.com (awesome website, thanks to whoever posted it) I have 13.72 mastery and Insect Swarm still deals 10k more damage than Sunfire. (20046 for SnF vs 30481 for IS)

Aha. Don't believe the amounts on the tooltips. They don't update properly and are often wrong.

You can use a spreadsheet like wrathcalcs to see how much damage each of your spells is doing. DL it from elitist jerks and enter your info in. Then tab over to the DoTs tab and you can see all the values, including coeffiecients, for IS and MF in and out of eclipse.

To cut to the punchline, though, MF and SnF both do more damage than IS in their respective eclipses. Getting them the NG buff is more important than getting it for IS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
07/29/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Eluial
To cut to the punchline, though, MF and SnF both do more damage than IS in their respective eclipses. Getting them the NG buff is more important than getting it for IS.

Hrmm ok, you seem to know your stuff so I'll take your word on it :D.

One last thing, for my rotation I'll redo my dots once they get to 1 tick when I'm in an eclipse, and then I redo them when I'm one spell away from leaving the eclipse, even if there is like 10 seconds. Because if I don't do that, then they'll run out before the next eclipse. Is that how I am supposed to do it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/29/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Shiftinslug
One last thing, for my rotation I'll redo my dots once they get to 1 tick when I'm in an eclipse, and then I redo them when I'm one spell away from leaving the eclipse, even if there is like 10 seconds. Because if I don't do that, then they'll run out before the next eclipse. Is that how I am supposed to do it?

I'm actually having a bit of an internal debate over this (sparked by a couple comments Tag made in another thread), and simply haven't had the chance yet to properly sit down and think about it/look at the numbers.

The official answer is: no, don't do that. But there seem to be some reports of it either helping, or at least not hurting too much (as in, the DPS margin is close to or less than what you'd expect to see with RNG fluctuation).

For the time being, I'd say it's likely not the end of the world if you're doing that (and if you're ever dotting up more than 1 target at a time, that's actually ideal behavior).

My feelings tell me that in a stand and turret situation, at early-mid T12 gear levels, it's going to be a DPS loss to apply dots twice during eclipse. But there's really only 1 fight this tier that's like that, and even that fight requires a bit of movement. Also, feelings =/= math. So... yeah. I've probably rambled on too long now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've recently joined our 10m as boomkin. Of course, I had to cobble together a set at short notice. I'm wondering what I should change. We're 3/7, and the only piece of gear that's dropped in 3 weeks (that I can use) is the shoulders I have.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
On first glance you are lacking a chest and belt enchant, and you need the spirit /int spellthread. You also should not be meeting socket requirements on gear unless you get more than 10 int per every non-red gem. I think the exact number is 14 int per non red gem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Weird that it wasn't showing my chest enchant.. but it is now. Belt buckle on belt, gems changed, spellthread changed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/01/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Dlatra
Weird that it wasn't showing my chest enchant.. but it is now. Belt buckle on belt, gems changed, spellthread changed.

Buy DMC:volcano. It will still be our 2nd BiS trinket this tier. Hopefully we'll get to replace it next tier :P I'd use it in place of the moonwell chalice.

The artful ember topaz in your chest should be a reckless. Haste > mastery, and you're not even at the 1929 break point yet. The Reckless in your alch trinket should be a brilliant ruby. It's a red socket, it has an int bonus, and you're not close enough to a break point that 20 haste is going to push you over.

Also, what's with the glyph of hurricane? There's nothing in normal FL that you need hurricane for.
Edited by Eluial on 8/1/2011 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The glyph is because they have me slowing the dang spiderlings on Beth-tilac >_<. I have no where near enough gold to buy the card, otherwise I'd have it :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The glyph is because they have me slowing the dang spiderlings on Beth-tilac >_<. I have no where near enough gold to buy the card, otherwise I'd have it :(

Start saving up! You can save a lot of gold by getting the quest item instead of the card itself, and then just waiting a week or so for the darkmoon faire to roll around. It's well worth the gold, and really at this point shouldn't be more than 10k at max on most servers.

As for the spiderlings, it can depend on your comp and strategy, but on reg 10m, using mushroom slow + typhoon knockback should be more than enough to control them while you're killing them. If you get behind, it can be nice to have the hurricane slow as a back up, assuming you have no mage or hunter to assist. But for reg, hurricane slow shouldn't be necessary.

My glyph setup for beth is wrath in prime, monsoon in major and no typhoon in minor. I drop my shrooms a little in front of their path, explode when the pack is about 1/4 of the way past my shrooms, then typhoon the ones that missed the slow back behind, start dotting, drop more shrooms, and use starfall if it happens to be up. You can also save starfall and any shooting stars procs in case you do fall behind. Just be careful with SS and make sure it doesn't make you exit eclipse.
Edited by Eluial on 8/1/2011 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
On my server, they start at 20k. We have a really messed up economy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
and no typhoon in minor.
Fixed that for ya! Unless there is a minor glyph of hurricane I know nothing about....

08/01/2011 05:10 PMPosted by Dlatra
On my server, they start at 20k. We have a really messed up economy
That's messed up. Any luck buying ace-eight of embers and just forming them together to turn in? I know that was always about 2/3-1/2 the price on my server. Then again cards are down to about 5k here as well.

Any thoughts about dot refreshing El? I honestly don't know how to go about doing math for it...and clipping sometimes feels really bad, but it seems to be better, especially at higher gear levels with more static mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/01/2011 05:24 PMPosted by Tagartou
Fixed that for ya! Unless there is a minor glyph of hurricane I know nothing about....

D'Oh! Thank you. gonna fix that now to avoid further confusion.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Followed your strategy for Beth, and I passed our warlock in dps (phew). I've started buying the cards, got half of them yesterday (including the ace) for less then 2k. We're trying Baleroc tomorrow, and if he drops then dang trinket, it SHOULD be mine (we only have 3 caster dps, and the other two have DMC already), so that will replaced my Moonwell.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/01/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Eluial
Buy DMC:volcano. It will still be our 2nd BiS trinket this tier.

If I got Volcane, which trinket would it be best to replace. My Moonwell Chalice or Soul Casket?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok, because one of my guildies is awesome (ok, I've known him since release) he bought me the rest of the cards for the deck. So Sunday, I'll have my DMC to replace Moonwell Chalice. Should I go for the Focus to replace my alchy stone?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Hello,

I would like to ask if dropping 2pcT11 would be a huge loss for moonkins

Currently, i have 359 tier shoulders and legs and recently
a 378 (non-tier) shoulder dropped.

Would it be dps loss to remove the 2 pc?

thank you in advance
Edited by Serigala on 8/4/2011 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/03/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Shiftinslug
If I got Volcane, which trinket would it be best to replace. My Moonwell Chalice or Soul Casket?

Probably chalice, but that's a really excellent question for wrathcalcs.

08/03/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Dlatra
Ok, because one of my guildies is awesome (ok, I've known him since release) he bought me the rest of the cards for the deck. So Sunday, I'll have my DMC to replace Moonwell Chalice. Should I go for the Focus to replace my alchy stone?

Congrats! Yes, if Necromantic Focus drops, you should definitely grab it to replace the alch stone.

Hello,

I would like to ask if dropping 2pcT11 would be a huge loss for moonkins

Currently, i have 359 tier shoulders and legs and recently
a 378 (non-tier) shoulder dropped.

Would it be dps loss to remove the 2 pc?

thank you in advance

Probably not worth it until you're ready to replace it with 4pc T12, although if you have all 359, and you're replacing them all with 378... it's possible it's an upgrade. But again, this is an excellent question for wrathcalcs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]