The music of WoW

85 Draenei Priest
Does anyone appreciate it? I'm just curious if I'm the only one that likes to listen to the music behind me while I dish out some shadowy doom on my foes. Well, some areas I feel have such great music that only lasts for such a short time, and only for a specific group- like the music in the starting blood elf area. Very nice cello work, really truly I love it, and it is sadly so fleeting.

Then again, I have always been emotionally tied to music ever since I started playing violin in third grade *cough* 25 years ago.

Another fave of mine would be the music in Grizzly Hills. Maybe I'm a sucker for strings, although I'm rather partial to tickling the ivories myself.

I guess my point is, I'm sure Blizzard goes through a lot to get these orchestras to play their compositions for the game, and I was just wondering if there is anyone on Perenolde that enjoys it like I do- and if so, which is your favorite melody?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
That is also a very good one, similar to The Sindorei :) I got to thinking also that I really like the new Orgrimmar music

Am I a nerd? ;)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I love the music throughout the game. (Sadly I lost the CDs that I had with the music (beginning in BC...I would have loved to have Vanilla's as well). I have so many favorites for different reasons. Like you, music evokes emotion for me. I have rolled several Nightelf Druids (or priests) just to go through the beginning and Ashenvale. The music reminds me of Enya so when I wanted to just relax, that is where I would head. I also like Howling Fjord (I think that is it...I am still only half awake after sleeping wayyy in)...if that is the one that has kind of an Irish feeling. There are too many to name.

If you want to hear nerdy...Whenever I would go to read the Lore, I would listen to the little music player that they had (have?) on the main WoW page. Of course, the music never lasts long enough but I loved it.

So yes, I am also a nerd in that way...if in fact it is nerdy. =)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one XD I just love gaming music (even old school Nintendo stuff made me want to take piano lessons, if that makes sense). Everquest also has some really good stuff- I even have one cut as my ringtone when hubby calls LOL

I downloaded all the albums on iTunes, including the Taverns one- and I usually only buy albums if there is a decent # of songs on there I can appreciate.

I really like the starting Night Elf music also... it seems like some of my favorites are the ones that you don't get to hear long enough, you know? :(

That's funny that you'd listen to the music while reading the lore.. sounds like something I'd do!
Reply Quote
It's nice to listen to once in a while. It can get repetitive.

I do have Bloodlord Mandokir "Dinging" when I get emails on my phone. >.>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It's nice to listen to once in a while. It can get repetitive.

I do have Bloodlord Mandokir "Dinging" when I get emails on my phone. >.>

Haha, YES! Ghaz and I were JUST talking about people needing to embrace the Inner Nerd! That is awesome.

I really like the starting Night Elf music also... it seems like some of my favorites are the ones that you don't get to hear long enough, you know? :(

That's funny that you'd listen to the music while reading the lore.. sounds like something I'd do!

Do you have your setting so the music loops? I am sure that you do, and I know what you mean about it not lasting long...but for a long time I didn't realize that I could keep the music going. And that is funny about listening to it while reading the Lore. That is very cool. I find it a cool way to immerse yourself a bit more!

Although, admittedly, I don't ALWAYS listen to game music. There are definitely times I have my own music on while I play.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
The day I got WoW I turned the background music off. In over 500 days /played time it's prolly been on an hour tops. I KILL MY FOES LISTENING TO TORI AMOS
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
not having forum signatures sucks btw
Reply Quote
98 Dwarf Hunter
I really don't pay attention to it, but there are some that I like. I just prefer to have metal blaring through my headphones.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Yeah, the music is definitely amazing throughout WoW.

It seems that it's changed positively big time from before the Cataclysm took place also, or maybe that's just me. Every bit of music I've listened to so far I've enjoyed a lot though, more so than pre-Cataclysm. But then again I have been away for a long time, but right now I don't even use Itunes because the Wow music more than makes up for it.

But yeah, props go to Blizzard for working hard and making the music as nice as it is, as well as the orchestras they hire.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I absolutely love the music in this game. It gives so much life and emotion to the zones and stories.

The Grizzly Hills music.../sigh. So beautiful and haunting. Sometimes I go there just to listen to the music.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8LB3aShZv8

i want to sit in sholazar, forever

also best boss fight music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3jSY5fIeDA
FUNship battle is pretty good too i guess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jJtySnwpA&feature=related
Edited by Lefnedrav on 6/30/2011 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Shaman
I do enjoy the new tracks and all, but I miss when raids had unique music : /

It seems like that the cata content so far (aside from the Throne of the Four Winds) is all a rehash of tracks used in other parts of the expansion. Heck, BoT didn't even have music for a long time! Pardon me for being picky, but I think new music makes a new sound makes for a stronger impression (Karazhan music) on the feel of a raid versus re-used instance music (BWD).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
The day I got WoW I turned the background music off. In over 500 days /played time it's prolly been on an hour tops

This is a sad story :*(

Kirea, Grizzly Hills is one of my faves :) I also love the Sholazar music- I always want to whistle when it comes up!

I used to listen to iTunes while playing, but after BC, I really started paying more attention to the music in WoW- much more enjoyable to me! I guess that's because I like to keep real world stuff separate from Azeroth? Maybe. I'll have to check out those links at home (for I am at work now :)

I DO have my music looped, but for some reason, blizz decided to make it so crazy easy to level, that you're out of the zones so fast! (Hence why the music doesn't last). I did get the albums though so it's all good now :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I agree wholeheartedly. I like most of the wow music. My favorites are Stormwind and Grizzly Hills day music. I have downloaded a lot of the wow music and listen to it while I am playing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I agree wholeheartedly. I like most of the wow music. My favorites are Stormwind and Grizzly Hills day music. I have downloaded a lot of the wow music and listen to it while I am playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]