Need ideas: lighwell click responses

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
06/29/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Nadai
I dl-ed it too, but it isn't working... I Love LOVE LOVE the concept, I am so excited to get in to my raid and do it up and make everyone laugh their asses off at my pervy comments, and yes, I will think of some good ones once I am doing it, but for now, the 7 I jacked fromt he idea man there are not working :(

It was broken briefly for the same reason recount was broken after patch. The developer had it fixed same day with the most recent update.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Functions perfectly for me. Would love to know how to get it to announce in /raid instead of /say though. As ranged-heavy as my guild runs, I know some people are going to miss the messages.

Courtesy of the author, Choonstertwo , here's how. Replace the line that looks like

SendChatMessage(message,SAY, nil, nil)

with

SendChatMessage(message, (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0 and RAID) or (GetNumPartyMembers() > 0 and PARTY) or (SAY), nil, nil)

This will cause it to go to party if you're in a party, or raid if you're in a raid, or in /say if none of the above.
Edited by Hershe on 6/30/2011 1:03 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
To change it to say in /e (emote) rather than /s (say), from what I researched you have to (in the LUA file)...

change:
SendChatMessgae(message, SAY, nil, nil)

to:
SendChatMessage(message,"EMOTE")

and edit all ur messages to have "'s Lightwell says:" (if you want!):
[1] = "'s Lightwell says: Thank you for using the Lightwell %u!",

Confirmed, this change will cause it to go to /e for emotes. I beleive this will have the same range restriction as /say, but it may be less "invasive" for people who don't want all the flashing white text, and don't want to put it into raid/party. And it looks nicer without the "[Hershe] says: Lightwell says:" confusion.

90 Blood Elf Priest
used it tonight in my raid... so everyone clicked my lightwell at LEAST once, it was so great because never, ever has this happened. New goal is to try and figure out how to put it to wispers, because one sourpuss complained about in in says... so I am sure that link in the lua file will get me through it, here's hoping.

And here's how to make it whisper the person who clicked it:

Change this line:

SendChatMessage(message, SAY, nil, nil)

to

SendChatMessage(message, "WHISPER", nil, destName)
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/29/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Oonayah
[23] = "By clicking on Lightwell, %u just saved money on car insurance.",

+10 lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
i keep getting the same lines i don't know if it's just a coincidence.

Would I have to make the other sayings myself via editing in the core.lua file?

90 Blood Elf Priest
i keep getting the same lines i don't know if it's just a coincidence.

Would I have to make the other sayings myself via editing in the core.lua file?

Correct. The addon itself only comes with a couple lines pre-programmed into it. you need to modify the core.lua file to add more lines.

Look for the section that looks like this:

[1] = "Thank you for using the Lightwell %u!",
[2] = "May the Light bless you %u.",

And just add to that the new messages you want it to say.
I feel all warm and fuzzy for halping the priest community, i just set 1 message at a time in RSA but hershe took it to the next level.

I still feel like i played a part in it, and it feels good.

I love you and Hershe both. People are clicking my lightwell for once, this is abnormal. I think this has changed the use habits for my guildies! They all enjoyed my highly sexually charged messages to them and wanted more... err heals that is.

Thanks, I am going to change my lua file to wispers right now. Some people prefer says because of the giggles but I think in raids wispers are more appropriate and less distractring for those few who can't concentrate.

going to try out wispers now ..
Edited by Nadai on 6/30/2011 10:23 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel all warm and fuzzy for halping the priest community, i just set 1 message at a time in RSA but hershe took it to the next level.

I still feel like i played a part in it, and it feels good.

Hey, I got the initial idea from you and just expanded on it :-) Not to mention you've supplied more creative messages than anyone (not to undermine the contributions of others!). The addon would be nothing without them, so thank you :-).
90 Blood Elf Priest
Updates:

A new version has just been published with a few improvements:

1. New tokens have been added for lightwell charges remaining and charges consumed. These tokens (%c and %x) can be used in messages just like %p and %u can currently.
2. Simplified the channel and message options so they can be changed at the top of the code.
3. Added a "smart" channel option that will send messages to raid, party or say depending on your group status.
4. Added a "summon" message that you can have displayed when you summon the lightwell.
5. Added language options if you want to change the displayed language.
Edited by Hershe on 7/1/2011 12:30 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
[#] = "'Lightwell: Hold up! Imma let you finish, but %u had the best lightwell click of all time.",
[#] = "'Lightwell: %u's not bipolar, %u's bi-winning!",
[#] = "Lightwell: For every unused charge, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens. (%x kittens saved, %c kittens remaining)",
[#] = "ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! %u clicked a Lightwell!"
79 Worgen Priest
I like the positive ones that compliment the clicker. They deserve to feel good for clicking the lightwell.

I'm loving the submissions so far. Here's a few of my own.

[#] = "Lightwell: You're making %p very happy, %u.",
[#] = "Lightwell: %u, I dub thee the Lightwell Master!",
[#] = "Lightwell: Bask in the healing power of the Lightwell, %u.",
[#] = "Lightwell: Your wish is my command, %u. You are healed!",
[#] = "Lightwell: Click 10 times and the 11th heal is free, %u.",
[#] = "Lightwell: Even when %p isn't paying attention, Lightwell's got your back, %u.",
[#] = "Lightwell: Hey everybody, %u is awesome.",
[#] = "Lightwell: Thanks, %u. You really know how to show a Lightwell a good time.",
[#] = "Lightwell: 'Roses are red, violets are blue. You clicked Lightwell, your priest thanks you.' A poem dedicated to %u.",
[#] = "The Most Interesting Lightwell in the World: I don't always heal players but when I do, I heal %u.",
[#] = "Lightwell: %u, you are lucky clicker number %x.",
[#] = "Lightwell: %u has discovered the lightwell has been clicked %x times.",
[#] = "Lightwell: I still have %c charges left, %u. Click me some more.",
Edited by Mclargehuge on 7/2/2011 10:28 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
An addon that encourages players to click our lightwell?! But wont that make priests OP? I thought lightwells were just there to look pretty!

Please continue to keep us informed of all changes to this addon!
Bookmarking this page.
Edited by Canitånk on 7/3/2011 9:36 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
Hmmm... great idea :D but there's an error whenever I click it.

Usage: SendChatMessage(text [,type] [,language] [,targetPlayer])
Time: 07/04/11 18:58:23
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `SendChatMessage'
Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:165: in function `?'
Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:181: in function <Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:180>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "Say"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil

Edited by Towacat on 7/4/2011 4:13 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmmm... great idea :D but there's an error whenever I click it.

Usage: SendChatMessage(text [,type] [,language] [,targetPlayer])
Time: 07/04/11 18:58:23
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `SendChatMessage'
Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:165: in function `?'
Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:181: in function <Interface\AddOns\LightwellBuddy\core.lua:180>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "Say"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil

Sorry for the slow response, I was at work :-) A new version was submitted last night that had a few errors. I got them fixed and loaded to the new version. v 0.06. Give that one a try and let me know if you have any further issues.

85 Human Priest
While I was testing it, I had it in the middle of SW - 5 people huddled around it and were playing with it haha

Used it in my raid last night... top healing done was by the lightwell (this was a trash pack mine you ;] ) lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
Speaking of the new version that was published last night... sorry that it didnt work, but it was with the best of intentions! They work now in the latest version. Here's the changes:

1. You can now have multiple "summon" messages that will be chosen at random when you summon a lightwell, in addition to the random messages when the well is clicked.

2. The tokens %p, %x and %c can now be used in summon messages.

3. By default, a message is sent 100% of the time when someone clicks the well. You can now modify a variable to reduce the probability of a message from being sent.

4. You can now cause messages to be sent to numbered channels, including General, Trade, and custom channels.
Edited by Hershe on 7/4/2011 10:42 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
This is really awesome, but I can't seem to get it to emote rather than whisper the clicker. I'm not finding "SendChatMessgae(message, SAY, nil, nil)" in the LUA anywhere, thus I can't change it to "SendChatMessage(message,"EMOTE")". I have all my random messages edited correctly, though. Any help?
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is really awesome, but I can't seem to get it to emote rather than whisper the clicker. I'm not finding "SendChatMessgae(message, SAY, nil, nil)" in the LUA anywhere, thus I can't change it to "SendChatMessage(message,"EMOTE")". I have all my random messages edited correctly, though. Any help?

We tried to make it a little easier. If you have one of the later versions installed (version 4 or above I believe). Near the top of the code, you'll see the following options:

local SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE = "WHISPER"
local SUMMON_CHANNEL_TYPE = "SMART"

Change it to:

local SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE = "EMOTE"
local SUMMON_CHANNEL_TYPE = "SMART"

Otherwise, the section that used to look like "SendChatMessgae(message, SAY, nil, nil)" has become a little more complicated. It now looks like

SendChatMessage(message, SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE == "SMART" and ((GetNumRaidMembers() > 0 and RAID) or (GetNumPartyMembers() > 0 and PARTY) or (SAY)) or SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE, SAP_LANGUAGE, (SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE == "WHISPER" and destName) or (SAP_CHANNEL_TYPE == "CHANNEL" and SAP_CHANNEL_NUMBER) or nil)

You can change it if you wish, or use the options we put at the top :-).
Edited by Hershe on 7/6/2011 9:59 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]