Need ideas: lighwell click responses

(Locked)

100 Human Priest
Got it working! The only problem I'm running into is that when I put in my list of about 50 different options for the emote, nothing ends up working. Maybe it's a problem with the syntax, I'm not sure. Is there a limit to how many random phrases you can use?
90 Blood Elf Priest
It should work, I'm not aware of any limit (and I just tested it to 55 and it worked for me).

Go through and make sure you put all the messages in with the correct syntax:

local SAP_PHRASES = {

[1] = "Your Message Here",
[2] = "Your Second Message Here",

}

Your message must be in quotes, and must be followed by a comma. Before the quotes, it must be numbered with the [1] =

If you have further issues, paste your complete code here on this forum for me to review and test.
100 Human Priest
I got it working, finally. ;) Must've been the syntax on one of the phrases. Ended up narrowing it down to about 30 though, and they all work. Thanks a ton!
85 Human Priest
This is an awesome thread! Getting this addon tonight and stealing most of Kiorae's, Onayah's and Vaidya's lines.

EDIT: All copied to Notepad. Got yours too, Imuatu and Mclargehuge. Thanks.
Edited by Halie on 7/6/2011 8:16 PM PDT
my update. I am using the older version, love it! My guildies love it as well on whisper mode, many a chuckle comes out of them from my phrases... also in random groups with pugs, people think I am whispering dirty little nothings and I get the FUNNIEST responses ;)
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you so much for putting this mod together, Hershe!

Whether it's the new mod or the new content, I'm seeing a lot more Lightwell use now - they're even coming close to emptying it out sometimes! I was afraid my guildmates would tell me my mod (set up to broadcast in /raid) was obnoxious but so far there have been no complaints.

In fact, my raid leader apparently really likes this mod and appreciates that every single one of my messages includes the name of the clicker.

My only further contribution at the moment:

[#] = "Thank you for using Lightwell, %u, you've improved my healing performance on Recount!",
90 Blood Elf Priest
Glad it's going well :-) I've had similarly good results from my pugs and raids ;-P

If anyone else has any ideas for additional functionality or ideas for messages, they'd be much appreciated :-)
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you could somehow make it so that it has trigger messages, that'd be great.
example:
Som1 clicks it, it says a random message, then, if they click it again before any1 else has, it shows your trigger message or w/e.

"I still have %c charges left, %u. Click me some more.",
Then if they click it again b4 any1 else has:
"Again %u? Aren't you the frisky one!"

Like its actually talking to you/them.

*Edit*
Also if it can be made to not show the same message twice in a row, that would be great xD

*Edit 2*
When we upgrade the addon to the newest version, do our saved messages get deleted?
Edited by Canitånk on 7/7/2011 2:32 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
"I still have %c charges left, %u. Click me some more.",
Then if they click it again b4 any1 else has:
"Again %u? Aren't you the frisky one!"

Like its actually talking to you/them.

*Edit*
Also if it can be made to not show the same message twice in a row, that would be great xD

*Edit 2*
When we upgrade the addon to the newest version, do our saved messages get deleted?

Good ideas :-). I've actually been spending some time trying to build an in-game interface. This is necessary for your final request.... to have your messages and settings saved. Otherwise, yes, if you upgrade to the newest version (and thus replace the old core.lua file), the new one will not contain your messages. For now, you should back up/save your messages elsewhere so you can restore it after an upgrade.

I like your other two suggestions :-). I'll get something rolling on them, though they'll probably take lower priority over getting an in-game interface going.

On that note, please be patient, I'm not all that good at building XML interfaces yet >.<. lol

Cheers!
90 Blood Elf Priest
The latest version submitted just a few minutes ago now includes an in-game interface for managing/editing/adding to your messages, and configuring other option such as what channel the messages are sent to. All settings are saved separately now, and are no longer stored in the core.lua file. Before you upgrade to this latest version, be sure to copy and save your messages elsewhere, as you will need to then add them back in through the in-game interface.
90 Blood Elf Priest
can u provide another link to the site?
I cannot wait to see this addon work. Just copy & pasted all the macros from above. Cant wait for guild to see this. Adding one to it: "WARNING! Lightwell can increase male stamina."
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/12/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Canitånk
can u provide another link to the site?

link is on the very first post on the thread :-P

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20014-LightwellBuddy.html

90 Blood Elf Priest
i downloaded the newest version, but now i cant find the config options... the website says its in the interface, but it doesnt show up in my addon list there...
90 Blood Elf Priest
Odd. Try going to your character selection screen. On the bottom, left hand corner, click the "addons" botton and see if lightwell buddy is on the list, and that it's checked. If you have the addon "swatter" installed (which comes with auctioneer if you have that), you can also type /run foo when you're logged in and see if lightwell buddy comes up on the list. If it's not on the list, then it must have been installed wrong. Try again to get it into the /interface/AddOns folder. The complete path should be C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Lightwell Buddy/<file contained>

If it IS on the list, and it's not checked... check it. If it is checked, then we'll have to do some more troubleshooting. But it works fine for me and I've received no other complaints, so I'm hoping it's just an installation issue.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Got it working. I just downloaded it again and replaced my old Lightwellbuddy folder. Works fine now.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was just wondering if you didn't mind making a post for adding phrases for dummies...because i can't figure out how to add them! X_x I have the most recent update and it says i can add phrases in game..

[Edit] Nevermind , i'm dumb! :) Free bump to spread the word of this awesome addon.
Edited by Destaice on 7/18/2011 12:47 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]