Need ideas: lighwell click responses

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, copy paste is working... Here's a sample of some of mine. I spend some time gathering real fortune cookie sayings.

%u's Fortune: Your lucky numbers are 8--10--22--32--33--5 (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: A Scribe's ink lasts longer than a corpse that fought on the road. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Best avoid PvP today... it will only make sadness. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: No secret of success will work unless you do. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Admit it, you just clicked to see if the fortunes were real. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: He who throws dirt is losing ground. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: The world may be your oyster, but it doesn't mean you'll get pearls. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u Lightwells LIKE A BOSS! (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: A mind too open may fall out. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Time heals all wounds. %u is smart enough to heal himself! (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're dumb, then to open your mouth and confirm it. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Being happy does not always mean being perfect. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: The toughest things in life provide the most glory. (%c of %m Charges Left)
90 Gnome Priest
Instead of a Well they should make it a fountain:) You know spit out automatically as needed.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, copy paste is working...

Awesome, what was the problem/solution?

Here's a sample of some of mine. I spend some time gathering real fortune cookie sayings.

Thanks! This is still my favorite idea yet!
90 Blood Elf Priest
The problem was that I needed to Reload my UI. After that, worked like a charm!

Yes - and the nice thing about an RP PvP server is that I can randomly walk up to a crowd, drop it, and shill for people to click it :)
92 Human Priest
You have to get people to click it first.
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/23/2011 02:39 AMPosted by Akercocke
You have to get people to click it first.

Well yes, which isn't much a problem. This thread is focused on use messages, but the addon also delivers summon messages. Something simple like "Click the lightwell to have your fortune told!" should be enough to strike people's curiosity. After which point, when the first people click the well, everyone else will see the response (or the clickers reaction to it), resulting (usually) in additional curiosity from the other party members who then click it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh yeah, when I drop the Lightwell it says, "Bala'dash, malanore! Click the Lightwell for your fortune!"

Then, if nobody clicks it, I'll click it myself. Once I get a fortune, then the clicks starts coming.
90 Night Elf Priest
Hiya, just wanted to say that this was a brilliant (and hilarious) idea. It's really helped out in dungeons, so thanks a bunch! XD
100 Blood Elf Priest
New features have been added to help control spam, prevent mis-use and to deal with those grouchy people you may have encountered who don't want messages sent when they click the well.

1: Blacklisting
You can now add the names of players to a blacklist on the configuration window. Useful for dealing with people that like to spam click the lightwell to spam messages, and useful for causing the addon to ignore people who don't want messages sent when they click the well. This only applies to the "Use" event.

2: Use Cooldown Time
You can now control the number of seconds that must pass between sending messages. For example, if a player causes the lightwell to send a message, no message will be sent when a player clicks the lightwell again unless the given cooldown time period has passed. Only applies to the "Use" event. Useful, of course, for preventing massive floods of spam if the lightwell is clicked in quick succession.
Edited by Hershe on 8/28/2011 8:08 AM PDT
100 Draenei Death Knight
I found, after having the addon over almost 2 months, this is the ONLY way to get ppl to click the damn lightwell. People absolutly LOVE the addon. I have about 30 that rotate, so things dont get too annoying. Almost all I jacked form this forum lol GL Guys! & TY for the addon. Never leave trade without it:>
100 Blood Elf Priest
I noticed that the contributions of one person got lost somehow. I had used many of their lines in one of my old profiles, so here's a copy of what I had set up. Sorry, I can't remember what all were mine and what all were not, but based on the little note I left in there, I beleive credit goes to Kiorae :-)

[1] = "Lightwell: Click me harder, %u!",
[2] = "Lightwell: Ya %u, that's the spot... Don't stop now!",
[3] = "Lightwell: Eh, thanks %u... I've had better.",
[4] = "Lightwell: Oh come on %u, that's all it took? One click and you're done, how typical.",
[5] = "Lightwell: Nice one %u, I bet I could poke you from 20 yards away too...",
[6] = "Lightwell: Ouch! Take it easy, that hurt %u.",
[7] = "Lightwell: Dang it, %u, stop poking me!",
[8] = "Lightwell: Dang it %u, you better hope that buffs out!",
[9] = "Lightwell: Stop touching me!! MOMMY, %u Touched me :-(",
-- credit for the following to Kiorae@Moon Guard
[10] = "Lightwell: Thank you %u, by clicking me you just saved a kitten from getting cancer",
[11] = "Lightwell: i love it when you click me like that, %u",
[12] = "Lightwell: Gosh %u, your hands are so soft :)",
[13] = "Lightwell: Your touch makes me explode, sorry if i got any heals on your face %u",
[14] = "Lightwell: Touchy aren't we, %u? You didn't even take me to dinner first :(",
[15] = "Lightwell: %u, I bet you click all the light wells this way, you sly fox you",
[16] = "Lightwell: *looks around suspiciously* Hey %u, ya i got some heals for you, if anyone asks we don't know each other /heal /vanish",
[17] = "Lightwell: wow, %u... its been instances since anyone has touched me like that.",
[18] = "Lightwell: Ya %u, that lazy healer put me here so you could do her job for her /scoff",
[19] = "Lightwell: AMG someone actually clicked me!! /heal",
[20] = "Lightwell: Oh, ummmm hi %u... Uhhh... someone actually clicked me... Ummmmm, what do I do now? OH YA! Uhhhh /heal",
[21] = "Lightwell: Wow %u, what a big weapon you have!",
[22] = "Lightwell: SWEET! you clicked me, now lets work on using interrupts.",
[23] = "Lightwell: SWEET! you clicked me, now lets work on using CC.",
[24] = "Lightwell: Who's awesome? You're awesome ;) Keep it up %u!",
[25] = "Lightwell: Hey %u, if i told you, you had a nice body, would you let me heal it?",
[26] = "Lightwell: Thank you for clicking me %u, you can't even begin to immagine what its like being couped up in that spell book all day /stretch /heal",
[27] = "Lightwell: If i don't get clicked my priest abuses me after the run, please click me dry, %u.",
[28] = "Lightwell: Does my heal over time turn you on %u? You should see what %p does in her room with levetate when no one is around.",
[29] = "Lightwell: So typical,%u clicks me and never calls back, what kind of lightwell do i look like?",
[30] = "Lightwell: I reeeeealy hope you washed your hands after killing that last dragon %u.",
[31] = "Lightwell: My heals, your hands, lets make some magic %u.",
[32] = "Lightwell: Hey %u. My stupid drunk priest just summons me to random places and lets strangers grope me, I need a new owner.",
[33] = "Lightwell: The last thing i knew i was sleeping, now I'm being touched by random people... it feels nice :) Keep it up %u!",
[34] = "Lightwell: My priest touches me too %u...",
[35] = "By clicking the lightwell, %u has just saved 15% on car insurance.",
[36] = "Lightwell: Just one click? %u is such a tease.",
[37] = "Lightwell: For every unused charge, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens. (%x kittens saved, %c kittens remaining)",
[36] = "ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! %u clicked a Lightwell!",
[37] = "Lightwell: 'Roses are red, violets are blue. You clicked Lightwell, your priest thanks you.' A poem dedicated to %u.",
[38] = "The Most Interesting Lightwell in the World: I don't always heal players but when I do, I heal %u.",
[39] = "Lightwell: Eeehehehe! %u, that tickles!",

Edited by Hershe on 10/14/2011 12:55 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
Recent Updates:

Fixed an error that was being caused when the lightwell disappeared early.

You can now blacklist someone by targeting them and typing /lwb blacklist

Normal behavior for the lightwell is to ignore clicks from players who already have the lightwell buff on them to prevent charges from being wasted. But due to server lag, it's possible for a player to consume multiple charges by quickly clicking the lightwell repeatedly before the HoT is applied. These extra consumptions were not being properly counted by LWB, causing its count for remaining to be incorrect - potentially triggering the early disappearance event if all charges were consumed. Thanks to some changes to the combat log, LWB can now detect this event, and is properly counting the extra charges used. In addition, a new event has been added, allowing you to deliver a message when someone consumes an extra charge.
90 Worgen Priest
On use:
Dirty mouth, %u? Clean it up with Lightwell!

On summon:
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Now click the gorram lightwell!
Edited by Bartlebey on 11/11/2011 11:13 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
On use:

On summon:

IDK why, but I'm a sucker for any line that draws on famous commercial line, love the orbitz one :-)

Here's another contribution from Kizmypatooti on another thread, for summon:

"Single, glowy Lightwell seeking Single, under 70% for some clicking action"
1 Tauren Druid
I am looking forward to having my holy spec back next patch, just because of this addon.

Thanks all for the wonderful ideas.
1 Tauren Druid
Hershe
Edited by Hershe on 10/14/11 12:55 AM (PDT)
I noticed that the contributions of one person got lost somehow

I just noticed that my contributions were removed as well. My ideas were all for a flirtatious lightwell and were mildly (very mildly) suggestive.

I would like to recommend starting another thread for suggestions on a new forum to avoid future issues around this. (also seriously what's up with the heavy handed moderation? The flirtatious lightwell responses have all been pretty tame.) How do you feel about using PlusHeal?

90 Human Priest
On use:

On summon:

You win, always and forever.

<pats her Firefly companion lovingly>

<ditches Disc and runs Holy so she can summon her Lightwell and have it quote Wash>
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/12/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Imuatu
I would like to recommend starting another thread for suggestions on a new forum to avoid future issues around this. (also seriously what's up with the heavy handed moderation? The flirtatious lightwell responses have all been pretty tame.) How do you feel about using PlusHeal?

It appears that if you're ever been banned on the forums, every single one of your previous posts is removed. So your quotes were probably not deleted by their own merit. Given that (at least) two people have lost all of their contributions to the thread, this banning seems pretty common. I was planning on making a new thread anyway since this one is full of outdated information and requests for help. May as well move it to a new forum where moderation is more practical. I'm open to suggestions... I've never been to plusheal, but I hear it's the home of my favorite vuhdo addon's author :-).

At the moment, I'm pulling my hair out trying to add a couple new features.

1. An "idle" event, where you can program the lightwell to deliver a message after it has been un-used for a certain period of time... (think of it singing "Lonely, oh so lonely..." or what have you after it's been unused for a minute).

2. Personalized Use Messages.... you will be able to create an unlimited number of lists of messages, and be able to assign specific lists to be used when specific people use the lightwell.

Once I'm done with those, I'll worry about the forum.
1 Tauren Druid
1. An "idle" event, where you can program the lightwell to deliver a message after it has been un-used for a certain period of time... (think of it singing "Lonely, oh so lonely..." or what have you after it's been unused for a minute).

2. Personalized Use Messages.... you will be able to create an unlimited number of lists of messages, and be able to assign specific lists to be used when specific people use the lightwell.

Those both sound like excellent features.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]