Free account for WoW veterens

(Locked)

85 Gnome Priest
It's a scam
24 Night Elf Hunter
06/24/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Gilnandra
It's a scam

Did you even read the Blue post confirming it is not a scam?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
06/24/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Nethaera
We'd much rather people be cautious than get scammed, but in this case, you're in the clear.

I'll add the usual and necessary warning. Phishers love to take these legitimate emails and turn them into phishes.

The legitimate version addresses us by the legal name registered to our Battle.Net account.

The legitimate version of this email tells us to have our friend go the http://us.battle./net (which they can do without clicking the link) and choose to create a new Battle.Net account. At no time does it ask us, the veteran, to enter our account information.

The legitimate version includes the code to add a new game in a manner that could be copied, pasted and use without following any links or verifying any account information.
85 Human Paladin
I just did make a post about it. :) It's also in the blue tracker as well.

We'll do our best to continue to clarify this for people where we can and greatly appreciate all of those who warned others off thinking it may be a scam. We'd much rather people be cautious than get scammed, but in this case, you're in the clear.

Not everyone can use the blue tracker! Sticky this perhaps? =]

((MMO Champ had a heart attack))

you dont need any 3rd party site to use the blue tracker

go to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/ and up top next to "Latest Blizzard Posts" click on the view all link, thats the blue tracker

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/blizztracker/
Edited by Enora on 6/24/2011 11:43 AM PDT
85 Worgen Priest
Inc
Don't do it. It's a scam... that's not Nethaera, it's her evil twin sister..!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/24/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Cuddlepriest
Don't do it. It's a scam... that's not Nethaera, it's her evil twin sister..!

Miss CandleLady has a twin sister? What would she be, Miss LadyCandle? Miss No-flame Lady??
100 Troll Shaman
I got one of these too. Is there any expiration date? I have a friend who's interested but she won't have time to do anything with it until after the summer.
85 Human Mage
Its legit and has been confirmed as so by blues.
95 Draenei Shaman
Boo! Why didn't I get an email? I've been playing since day 1, and I'm "opted-in" to receive Blizzard e-mails. I've always gotten Blizzard updates.
85 Orc Warlock
Where can I opt to receive newsletters and offers? :o
4 Gnome Mage
Hey guys, player from 2005 here. =] I also got the email! Would be wonderful if got a blue to confirm this or a community post. (Sorry if I double post!)

I find it entertaining that my account has also been around since 2005... but no email lol.

Have you stopped your subscription at all in those 5 years? School, work, life ? Called Blizz for a refund after you realized it was billing over and over again while you had kids or life issues come up etc. ?

If so it would make sense if you don't get it.
Edited by Petervenkman on 6/24/2011 12:33 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
06/24/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Kasbeel
Where can I opt to receive newsletters and offers? :o

If you go into yoru account management, there is a section about beta opt in. Make sure you have all interested games checked, and your system specs updated. This ensures that you will get any beta opt ins.... and would THINK it might effect what you get from this "allow mailings" type of thing.. but could be wrong.

06/24/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Koica
I got one of these too. Is there any expiration date? I have a friend who's interested but she won't have time to do anything with it until after the summer.

I am curious on this point as well.. if there is an expiery that the key is no longer good after X amount of time.
85 Human Paladin
I have 2 questions about the free code.

1. Do we have a time limit in which the free code has to be claimed? Meaning, will it ever expire?
2. Can we use RAF with this code?
thanks

06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.
85 Dwarf Hunter
So what is the cut off to be considered a veteran?

My account has been active since January 30, 2007....

And

Does the account have to be totally uninterrupted, because there are a few months here and there through out the years that i did not pay for it because I needed the money elsewhere.
100 Draenei Shaman
06/24/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Keriam
2. Can we use RAF with this code?

WHile no blue confirmation on this, was talking with some others on this, and we seem to THINK you can.

As what they give you is a key code, much the same as when you buy a boxed version, etc.

you SHOULD be able to make a raf trial, then apply this code to upgrade it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
lololololol! i wonder how all the people on the first page who said it is a scam must feal now that it has an official blue post to confirm its not. just goes to show you, even you can be wrong. and often are!
100 Draenei Shaman
So what is the cut off to be considered a veteran?

My account has been active since January 30, 2007....

Tough to say.. been talking with others (same people as my post above) and they are all ranging from 2004 to 2008, and alot of them have not got it.. so there may be a min threashold, but all up to RNG after that.
25 Night Elf Druid
Here's the thing.

I never doubted it was real.

Want to know why?

NO ONE has my battlenet e-mail except Blizzard..

Now I just need to decide if I want to make yet another account.

Level some throw aways for 30 days.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]