Free account for WoW veterens

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
so i have missed out on it totally because of not checking that dang news and special offers box?
25 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Furyswiped
so i have missed out on it totally because of not checking that dang news and special offers box?
Maybe.

Check it now for future offers.
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, it does count as a special offer.

If you're even vaguely interested, I will note that Blizzard doesn't send out many mailings.
85 Tauren Druid
yea i checked it off now.... i also feel a little angry at my past self for not checking it off when i made my account lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

Am I missing something here or is the term "veteran" meaning something else in this case. I checked my account history and this account was started up in 6/06 while my other one 9/05. I did not get any email offering this deal and I have checked spam, trash, and regular mail on both my email accounts and nothing. I do have the option enabled for News and Special Offers from Blizzard Entertainment.

In fact, everything is enabled on every setting of my profile. Is this perhaps a random thing like beta invites? Or did someone mess up and didn't send out all the invites?
25 Night Elf Druid
In fact, everything is enabled on every setting of my profile. Is this perhaps a random thing like beta invites? Or did someone mess up and didn't send out all the invites?

Or maybe your accounts aren't old enough.

Or maybe seeing as they JUST started this, they haven't gotten to you yet.
Edited by Thunderwulf on 6/24/2011 2:02 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or maybe your accounts aren't old enough.

Or maybe seeing as they JUST started this, they haven't gotten to you yet.

That's why I listed the dates where they are from '05 and '06. Which is listed in my post clearly and the way the blue post was written it's that they sent out a mass invite all at once.
Edited by Lucetia on 6/24/2011 2:16 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
What is considered a veteran by Blizzards standards and how can i make sure I am signed up to receive special offers such as this one.
90 Human Paladin
Anyone that was wondering, you set the option to receive the special emails from Blizzard by going to the main page hitting settings and going to communication preferences, it's an option to check in there.
85 Goblin Shaman
Mine is started in '04, most people that I have seen get one had accounts from '04.. Did anyone find out if we can RAF ourselves with the free account? Ive tried searching topics and cannot come up with anything.
25 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2011 02:23 PMPosted by Lithre
Mine is started in '04, most people that I have seen get one had accounts from '04.. Did anyone find out if we can RAF ourselves with the free account? Ive tried searching topics and cannot come up with anything.

Its a full account. So yes.

Send yourself an RAF,set up the trial account, then upgrade it to a full account(vanilla) using that.
Edited by Thunderwulf on 6/24/2011 2:34 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/24/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Renae
Anyone that was wondering, you set the option to receive the special emails from Blizzard by going to the main page hitting settings and going to communication preferences, it's an option to check in there.

=(

I just did that. Thought it was set already - have gotten other offers like free 30 days and various announcements. Maybe it'll come later today.

Would love to do RaF again cuz leveling the 8 & 9th alts solo is slooooow.

85 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard gives free trials 10 days i believe so your friends can play. If you want to take a chance and click on something that is sent to you then go for it. If someone on here tells you something is real when so many people tell you not to do it, and you do it, a fool will follow a fool 9 out of 10 times. If you want to know if something is real call blizzard hotline and ask them. Or fool on!!
25 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Jaxual
Blizzard gives free trials 10 days i believe so your friends can play. If you want to take a chance and click on something that is sent to you then go for it. If someone on here tells you something is real when so many people tell you not to do it, and you do it, a fool will follow a fool 9 out of 10 times. If you want to know if something is real call blizzard hotline and ask them. Or fool on!!

Did you miss the two Blizzard posts in this very thread saying its real?

And its not a trial. Its a free account that, like all new accounts, comes with 30 days of free play time
Edited by Thunderwulf on 6/24/2011 2:49 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
Veteran for six years and no reward yet for me. :(

... /cry.
85 Human Hunter
Can we get a blue response on the question of the RAF working with this? I've got someone lined up, but I'd rather use RAF than this.
25 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Neltharan
Can we get a blue response on the question of the RAF working with this? I've got someone lined up, but I'd rather use RAF than this.

Its a full vanilla account.

Send yourself an RAF,set up the trial account, then upgrade it to a full account(vanilla) using that.

Same RAF rules apply.

For the 30 free days the new account has to purchase 30 days. For the mount 60
85 Human Hunter
06/24/2011 02:57 PMPosted by Thunderwulf

Its a full vanilla account.

Same RAF rules apply.

For the 30 free days the new account has to purchase 30 days. For the mount 60

I have an actual friend lined up, not myself. And I would have to pay 15 more dollars in order to get the mount if I recruit myself, which I do not want to do. If I could use this to get the mount free of charge, that would be something.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I just set it up Neltharan. It works just fine. Send your friend the RAF, get it set up. Once it's set up get them to upgrade their account using the game code in your email.

Once they do it will ask them how to pay for the subscription.

Their new account will be credited with the 10 days of the trial. Once those 10 days up they will be credited with the 30 free days. Once those are up they will be charged. You can see the 30 days and the first payment pending with the appropriate dates in their Battle.Net account under account history.
90 Undead Warlock
What if I don't want to opt-in to news and special offers? They would all just go to my junk folder anyways, along with the zillion fake Blizzard emails I get every day.

Honestly, this should just be something given to all veterans, accessible through the battle.net account page.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]