Free account for WoW veterens

(Locked)

25 Night Elf Druid
What if I don't want to opt-in to news and special offers? They would all just go to my junk folder anyways, along with the zillion fake Blizzard emails I get every day.

Honestly, this should just be something given to all veterans, accessible through the battle.net account page.

No.

Its for people who asked to receive special promotions.

You CHOSE not to ask for them.
85 Goblin Shaman
What if I don't want to opt-in to news and special offers? They would all just go to my junk folder anyways, along with the zillion fake Blizzard emails I get every day.

Honestly, this should just be something given to all veterans, accessible through the battle.net account page.

Blizzard emails generally shouldnt go into spam.. the whole point is to opt-in to the special offers. If you dont want to opt-in, then you arent going to get them..??
16 Worgen Druid
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

Now I'm upset because I have 7 accounts and all opted in, but none received the e-mail. I even checked my spam folders.
Edited by Lilîth on 6/24/2011 6:30 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

So...

How do I opt in? I can't find the option anywhere in my account management.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
So...

How do I opt in? I can't find the option anywhere in my account management.

Settings --> Communication Preferences. It should be a clickbox in that screen along with options that allow you to receive e-mails when tickets are addressed.

I just did make a post about it. :) It's also in the blue tracker as well.

We'll do our best to continue to clarify this for people where we can and greatly appreciate all of those who warned others off thinking it may be a scam. We'd much rather people be cautious than get scammed, but in this case, you're in the clear.

Nethaera, I have a question, please.

If you opt into receiving promos/newsletters today or haven't received the e-mail yet, will you still be eligible to be sent one of the codes in a later batch?
90 Human Mage
As for the original question (if it hasn't been answered already), the way to use this key with the RAF would be to create the RAF first, then upgrade the RAF account with the promotion key.
1 Goblin Rogue
I didn't get one, I'm opted in and have had an active account since 2006. That's kinda dumb that not everyone's friends are equal.
Edited by Idoitbig on 6/24/2011 4:31 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
maybe you '05s and '06s aren't really considered veterans...

I'm an '04 and I got my e-mail...I just don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet :)

1 Goblin Rogue
Created in 05, I took a break but its been active since.
85 Blood Elf Mage
So only the really, really old accounts are veterans? That sucks.
90 Orc Warrior
How does one opt in to this e-mails?

I'm blind as a bat
70 Night Elf Hunter
I got one of these, didn't even realize I had opted in to the news and special offer emails. Thought everyone got those emails regardless.

Been playing since 2004.

To opt in:
Login to battle.net
Click the Settings tab.
Click Communication Preferences.
Check the "News and Special Offers from Blizzard Entertainment" option and click Submit.
Edited by Kiingzy on 6/24/2011 5:37 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
April 2005 here. Moment I saw the subject I deleted it as a phising scam. My bad for checking my email before twitter/WoW forums eh?

Things is it didn't have the 'marked as ligitimate' indicator (added the @battle.net and etc to my safe list) next to it which gives me hope I deleted a fake, not the real thing. Been trying to get someone into the game with me and this probably would have helped even more than the trail. :/

C'est la vie.
06/24/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Buzzer
So only the really, really old accounts are veterans? That sucks.

Beats me.

December '04, here. No email.
100 Draenei Shaman
It's having problems though...

Maybe you can help? BlizzardCS confirmed we can add it to our own accounts as an additional 30 days, but when I try it tells me:

"The game card you entered is invalid.
Please check the that the 20 or 25-digit
code is entered correctly."

The Code is 26 characters long and I'm entering it with no Dashes.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got one of these, didn't even realize I had opted in to the news and special offer emails. Thought everyone got those emails regardless.

Been playing since 2004.

To opt in:
Login to battle.net
Click the Settings tab.
Click Communication Preferences.
Check the "News and Special Offers from Blizzard Entertainment" option and click Submit.

Fun Fact even if you had done all those and have an account from the '04-06 (Vanilla time) doesn't mean you get one I guess. I guess the invite code is as random as the beta invites. Which if that is the case then what exactly is the point only rewarding a portion of "wow veterans" this if not everyone is in equal in that aspect.

I can understand Wrath and Cata accounts not getting them and possibly Burning Crusade to an extent, but accounts started during Vanilla era aren't rewarded seems a bit weird. Of course we are reminded of the "in the future more can be sent out, but we all know how that goes. BoA's that are actually BoA and dance studio, anyone?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/24/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Petervenkman

I find it entertaining that my account has also been around since 2005... but no email lol.

Have you stopped your subscription at all in those 5 years? School, work, life ? Called Blizz for a refund after you realized it was billing over and over again while you had kids or life issues come up etc. ?

If so it would make sense if you don't get it.

Yea this kinda pisses me off. Been playing since sept 06, bought both Wrath and Cata collector editions ( 2 copies of each actually since my wife plays), and only been unsubscribed when I absolutely couldn't pay for it. No e-mail, guess me having to eat wasn't a good enough excuse for not paying my 15 a month for blizz.
85 Dwarf Paladin
My acc was opened in jan 30, 2005 and no email kinda sad =*(
70 Draenei Paladin
It's having problems though...

Maybe you can help? BlizzardCS confirmed we can add it to our own accounts as an additional 30 days, but when I try it tells me:

"The game card you entered is invalid.
Please check the that the 20 or 25-digit
code is entered correctly."

The Code is 26 characters long and I'm entering it with no Dashes.

Where did they say this? I didn't see it anywhere, giving away 30 days free to all veterans would hurt them way too much financially I'd think.
85 Worgen Hunter
So I know this may upset some, but this account was created 6/06 and had received the e-mail.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]