RAF to 80 is pretty lame.

85 Tauren Death Knight
From personal experience RAF is really OP. You can level 3x faster than a normal person, if you fall behind your friend can grant you levels, and you get other bonuses such as a flying/normal mount that's a 2 seater. That was only up til level 60 though which I felt was pretty fair because getting through the first 60 levels isn't really that tough anyway and 60-80 were a bit tougher.

But now it's going up to level 80? That's really bad. My friends that had it together (and they are no leveling geniuses) got to level 60 within 3-5 hours. Now being able to use this ability through 80 I would estimate that they would get from 1-80 in about 7-9 hours, and then afterwards 80-85 takes about 5-7 hours. A total of less than a day of play time and you have a brand new end game character.

There are far too many things that increase leveling for this to happen. Guild perks, heirlooms, and that one inscription item just to name a few. Even worse these stack. Imagine a fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild having this.

You're nearly killing the leveling system that you worked to improve on with people that have this. Putting new people into the game that can get to 85 within a day will really put them into a shock when they get into endgame content where they find out stuff gets hard which will just result in a worse player base for new players who enter the game. You're really not doing any favors for yourself raising the cap for RAF to 80, or the players.
87 Worgen Druid
To be honest, I'm currently in RaF, started last month, and was wondering if this bonus will be ungraded into my 2 remaining linked months.
3 Orc Warrior
All I have to say is this, let the newbies come. I am by no means pro, but i count myself better than the average player. With this we will have so many rerolls that once your geared (pvp, pve) the new rerolls will have a hard time keeping up with the veterans of each class. Just because you get to 80 in 10 hours doesnt mean you know the class inside and out. Just means more more noobs at 85 to drop nukes on in pvp(then again i could see how this would negatively affect random heroics....and za/zgs oh knows...lol)
86 Human Death Knight
How can I recruit a friend, if I don't have one? Can I recruit myself? :D
100 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Båyn
How can I recruit a friend, if I don't have one? Can I recruit myself? :D

If you pay for it, yeah
Community Manager
06/24/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Vwaloram
But now it's going up to level 80? That's really bad. My friends that had it together (and they are no leveling geniuses) got to level 60 within 3-5 hours.

Even with RAF there's just no way that's anywhere near accurate. Maybe 35 hours. But not 3-5.

Imagine a fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild having this.

You're nearly killing the leveling system that you worked to improve on with people that have this.

Yes, imagine it. A fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild has probably seen the leveling experience, a few times. We improved 1-60 for new players, people who haven't played the game or just didn't enjoy the original leveling quests. It wasn't to make people with four 85's slow down to get another alt up. Why should we make them go slower? Getting peoples alts up to max level quicker is what the vast majority of players want.

If you don't, don't use RAF, don't use heirlooms, etc. But if you do, we like that there are ways to help you get there quicker.
100 Night Elf Druid
If you don't, don't use RAF, don't use heirlooms, etc. But if you do, we like that there are ways to help you get there quicker.

Awesome. Really useful quote.

Too bad all the people complaining about heirlooms still won't be quiet.
85 Goblin Shaman
3-5 hours no way. Sorry but no.
86 Human Death Knight
I know, sad..I'll have to recruit myself..that way I can pay for another account, and will get 30 days free time on my real account...only problem is running two accounts at once to increase the speed of leveling. lol
85 Human Warrior
Why not give players an option, level the old fashioned way or if you have 3-85's and want to roll a new toon let them start at 80? They've had the leveling experience so why not just remove it altogether for those players? The way the game is now (vs. vanilla WoW) there's zero benefit for experienced players leveling a toon from 1-80.

I understand the frustration...i wanted to experience the new game content but found that you leveled so fast the quests and mobs were both green and u were in easy mode with no challenge long before u left the zone u were in. That did take a bit of fun out of the game.
85 Draenei Shaman
It's always amused me how much people complain about RAF, and how much effort they went to in order to get it.

RAF (at least when it was limited to 60) earned you less "bonus exp" from 1-60, than just wearing heirloom shoulders and chest did from 1-80.

Now that RAF goes to 80, and Heirlooms are available for more slots, the total exp available from each is...

16,044,800 exp for free via RAF to 80.

and

8,022,400 exp for free via heirlooms to 80,
4,436,060 exp for free via heirlooms from 80 to 85.

That's 12,458,460 total exp from heirlooms. Over 3/4ths of the amount from RAF. Without having to pay for another copy of the game, play two characters, have a friend who wants to play, or without any real life cash cost. Keep in mind that once the pants that are already in the game become obtainable, it's likely to bring the numbers to be about identical.
13 Troll Mage
06/28/2011 04:48 PMPosted by Ullisha
And how does this affect your own experience in any conceivable way?

Exactly. It doesn't.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]