Concerns about Nesingwary

85 Orc Warrior
I started out on this server because I came back to WoW with a friend and we got this realm suggested. Now that my friend has quit WoW and I've made other friends I've had a growing concern for the population of Nesingwary. Granted I'm a PvP player on a PVE realm, but still many medium-high population servers have a thriving PvP populations. Even PVE players find on Nesingwary that the lack of population is hindering a lot of enjoyable parts of WoW. There is two solutions for this in my mind;
A) Allow more free transferring to Nesingwary
B) Shut down Nesingwary and allow transfers to one pve and pvp realm

Either way something has to be done, people I know have been playing less WoW and some quitting all together because of the problems this low population server has caused.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'm pretty sure there has been free transfers to Nesingwary pretty recently, but who's going to leave a med-large realm with good progression for a low pop one with little to no progression?

Your best bet is to just buy a transfer, they won't be merging servers anytime soon.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Thats what I'm saying the need to do something about that, we are one of the worst realms in the world ( i think 226 out of 241?). Why not merge nesingwary with one of the other struggling realms and the whole thing would be remedied.
Reply Quote
06/25/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Ragmuffin
Thats what I'm saying the need to do something about that, we are one of the worst realms in the world ( i think 226 out of 241?). Why not merge nesingwary with one of the other struggling realms and the whole thing would be remedied.

I had a discussion with quite a few people about this from guild mates to people on general forums. As much as we beg and plea, we get no response about it. There are a few other servers in the exact same situation and it's the same deal. The more people transfer off, the worse the situation becomes but hey, nobody can force someone to stay on the server.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The most annoying part is that Blizzard won't just come out and tell us why they don't want to do that.

Personally I think its called for
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
Smolderthorn says hi. A lot of players have expressed their concern to Blizzard because the server is almost dead. The only thing Blizzard has done is to have the server be listed as "new server"...

They have said that they will not allow free transfers of any kind.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I don't see why merging servers is a bad idea, sure it will take a lot of resources but it will keep a lot of people playing that would otherwise quit.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have to say that while our population is low, the quality, not necessarily progression, of our player base is pretty high. Our guild has actually built our core ten man team out of mostly transfers to the server. Again, we're not working on heroic modes like some of the top guilds, but we can see some content and have a good time. It appears that others do so as well. It's not all that bad. Encourage a little more participation, or even better, help stir the pot as it appears others are doing. Potential transfers or new players looking at our realm forums will turn away from us if they see posts like this. I know I would. A little more activity on all of our parts would go a lot further than asking blizz for an injection of new players.
Edited by Homework on 6/27/2011 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 05:22 AMPosted by Homework
I have to say that while our population is low, the quality, not necessarily progression, of our player base is pretty high. Our guild has actually built our core ten man team out of mostly transfers to the server. Again, we're not working on heroic modes like some of the top guilds, but we can see some content and have a good time. It appears that others do so as well. It's not all that bad. Encourage a little more participation, or even better, help stir the pot as it appears others are doing. Potential transfers or new players looking at our realm forums will turn away from us if they see posts like this. I know I would. A little more activity on all of our parts would go a lot further than asking blizz for an injection of new players.

and exactly how do you "stir the pot" more? I used to raid 10's with TAO then 25's with either Fighters Guild or Sated, but now you can't do that. While the new lockout system is nice within guild and for some casuals, it's bad outside of guilds. Your confined to your guild. PvP? Already have a group of people we go and do battlegrounds on and sometimes arena. There really is only so much you can do. While you may have a 10 man team and all, when you need to recruit it's rather difficult on this server because of the size. We've been doing our part, for a while now. Blizzard took part of it away. It's time they do something to fill that gap.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
We've added quite a few people lately, and have plans for a second team. We're also going to be venturing in to Rated BGs. Again, we're not HC, but we like to have fun. We see new transfers to the server all of the time, but the hurdle for the server isn't more people. It is more participation. By "stir the pot" I would refer to Ochocinco's recent post re: Goldshire. This type of activity is infinitely more appealing than begging for an influx of new players. You should be confined to your guild. Build something, not that you in particular have not. Antagonize, but don't troll. Shake things up a bit. A multitude of tight knit guilds makes for a better experience than a miasma of guild-hopping puggers pointing fingers, crying wolf, and chasing windmills...

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/27/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Kogamo

and exactly how do you "stir the pot" more? I used to raid 10's with TAO then 25's with either Fighters Guild or Sated, but now you can't do that. While the new lockout system is nice within guild and for some casuals, it's bad outside of guilds. Your confined to your guild. PvP? Already have a group of people we go and do battlegrounds on and sometimes arena. There really is only so much you can do. While you may have a 10 man team and all, when you need to recruit it's rather difficult on this server because of the size. We've been doing our part, for a while now. Blizzard took part of it away. It's time they do something to fill that gap.

Stir the pot - Gos PoF sucks, killed only one heroic made boss....idc if you started raiding later, youre a sorry group of nobodies...

PS: we have a tabard, you just cant get it until you are friendly with the guild
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]