Blackwing Lair solo?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I look back sometimes at the sets I'm interested in, and a major one that always comes up is the Judgement Armor. Yes, I know like every Pally has it, but why not get it too? In the event the raid is removed I'd have it, and it looks unique..

The entire reason I'm making you listen to me is..... Can I solo it? At 85, in tank spec and gear around the same level as my current healing gear (I'm too lazy to swap).. If not, how many people at 85 do you suggest and why?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
06/25/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Anarea
The entire reason I'm making you listen to me is..... Can I solo it? At 85, in tank spec and gear around the same level as my current healing gear (I'm too lazy to swap).. If not, how many people at 85 do you suggest and why?
The first boss you CANNOT. After that, its all very trivial. For the first boss though, all you need is a good 85 healer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you! *pokes unwitting guildies into helping*
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Depending what class you are, you will not be able to solo Ebonroc either.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
The first two bosses, Razorgore the Untamed and Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, cannot be soloed. The rest of it can be.

I 2-manned Razorgore and Vael with a Blood DK friend.

While 2-manning the first two bosses is possible, it is also pretty difficult; they are both encounters where the more people you have, the better.

Razorgore is impossible to solo because (of course) you have to control the endless waves of adds and Razorgore at the same time; it would actually be much easier with at least 3 people, but if you're confident in your ability to survive and keep aggro on the adds, 2 people can work.

Vael's problem is that he puts Burning Adrenaline on random targets, even the tank. It kills you automatically after 20 seconds, and as far as I know, no class can burn through 1 million health in 20 seconds. Again, my buddy and I simply burned him down (the debuff gives you 100% extra damage) before we both bit the dust from the debuff.

Also, beware of Chromaggus; his debuffs are absolutely wicked, even at level 85. You'll be able to cleanse the appropriate debuffs, though. Good luck!

EDIT: Kegan is correct. Ebonroc puts a debuff on his current target called "Shadow of Ebonroc" which lasts for 8 seconds, and heals Ebonroc for 25,000 every time he hits that target. So you'll have to manage at least 25,000 dps to kill him, whether solo or in a group. My Blood DK friend and I handled this by taunting off each other when the debuff showed up.
Edited by Sigtyr on 6/25/2011 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Vael's problem is that he puts Burning Adrenaline on random targets, even the tank. It kills you automatically after 20 seconds, and as far as I know, no class can burn through 1 million health in 20 seconds. Again, my buddy and I simply burned him down (the debuff gives you 100% extra damage) before we both bit the dust from the debuff.
Incorrect. As combat, I can do it =P
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

50,000 dps? SS or it didn't happen :O
Edited by Sigtyr on 6/25/2011 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, I look back sometimes at the sets I'm interested in, and a major one that always comes up is the Judgement Armor. Yes, I know like every Pally has it, but why not get it too? In the event the raid is removed I'd have it, and it looks unique..

You cannot solo it. The first and 2nd to last bosses require 2 people at least.

The first encounter requires you to MC the drake while you make it kill eggs, and your friend has to kill the adds that spawn to try and kill the MC'ed drake.

The 2nd to last boss - the core hound, does 5 different debuffs which range from curses to magic to diseases. If you get all 5 it turns you into a dragonoid for 5 minutes and you become its slave.

I duoed BWL on my paladin (Kaleron of Quel'dorei - he has the full judgment set now) and my brother's enhance shaman. I could cure 1 type of affliction, and he the 2nd.. so none of us got more than 3 debuffs on the corehound fight.

That's all!! Good luck!!

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Ebonroc requires 2 dps so that you BURN HIM DOWN faster than he can heal through the debuff he puts on you. He does a debuff on you which will heal 5% of his health at each hit (or something ridiculous), so I went ret for that fight n bro stayed enhance. He died fast.
Edited by Sevaryn on 6/25/2011 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
06/25/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Sigtyr
You'd be surprised at how much damage combat can do with no energy loss =P Plus the fact that my real, combat set, actually has some 372 gear.
Reply Quote
17 Tauren Paladin

I don't recall him doing BA immediately either so it's not quite 50k.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
lmao, where's that guy from the other thread about Appearance Tabs who said I was crazy for saying paladins will flock to this armor set if an Appearance Tab goes live?

Oh God I love being right.

Back to your thread, I won't interrupt anymore <3
Friend of mine whos main is a paladin hates this set. So, you're actually wrong still.
Reply Quote

Burning Adrenaline applies a 100% damage increase, and doing 500k damage in 20 seconds with Adrenaline Rush up for 15 of those is pretty easy. Arcane Mages, Ret Pallies, Fury Warriors etc. will also have no problem with it. Most classes with a bit of gear probably can as well, I'm certain I can hold ~27k for at least 30 seconds.

lmao, where's that guy from the other thread about Appearance Tabs who said I was crazy for saying paladins will flock to this armor set if an Appearance Tab goes live?

You're an idiot.
Edited by Derples on 6/25/2011 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
I regularly solo BWL. The way I did it is a hunter friend of mine has a spirit cat "tank" all the adds while I continuously control Razorgore to destroy the eggs. If you get a hunter friend, make sure they have the Glyph of Misdirect or whatever the one is called that removes the MD cooldown if used on a pet. The spirit cats also have a self heal every 25 seconds and it is more than enough to survive the minimal damage from the adds.

EDIT: More tips

Vael fight just burn the crap out of it as Ret. Be prepared to die anyways if you win.

Next boss after the matrix room, make sure you are up against a corner while fighting him. his pushback sucks if you are thrown into the whelps.

Next boss, just watch out for another pushback if you didn't clear trash.

Next two bosses, one is the same tank'n'spank as the last one, but the second one "Ebonroc" or something, gives you a debuff that heals him when he hits you. This one can be difficult and long. I was able to burn through his debuff, but only after a few tries. Look up a different strat if that doesn't work.

The next one, Chromaggus, is the worst fight to solo. It's insanely long. For this fight, go back and clear trash you didn't. You should have a stack of Hourglass Sand in your bags. Whenever you see the Bronze affliction on you, use one Sand to clear it. Also cleanse yourself when you see the Green affliction. You can also cleanse the Red one, but you only cleanse one stack at a time, so it's a waste to try and get those. The whole point of these affliction removals is that if all 5? of them are on you, you get MC'd into a drakanoid and the fight ends with you standing next to Chromaggus as a Drakanoid for 5 minutes.

Nefarian is easy. When you talk to him, he will call an almost endless wave of dragonkin adds. Just stand in one spot and tank them all until they die. Near the end of the waves, Nefarian will transform and start whacking you. This is entirely a tank'n'spank fight. He has class calls, but if you are soloing him, all he will do is bubble himself for a few seconds like every minute or so. This fight is actually very interesting and fun if you have a bunch of bored friends of every class come with you. The class calls he does is one of the greatest fight mechanics of this game. Very unique. As for the rest of your solo fight, at about 20%, all the adds you killed are rezzed AT THE SAME TIME as bone warriors. Killing them is optional, but if you spam HotR (or divine storm if you're an awesome Ret soloer) they should be dead before Nefarian. I don't know if they despawn or not if you kill Nefarian first.
Edited by Palaurus on 6/25/2011 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/25/2011 01:33 PMPosted by Palaurus
I regularly solo BWL. The way I did it is a hunter friend of mine has a spirit cat "tank" all the adds while I continuously control Razorgore to destroy the eggs. If you get a hunter friend, make sure they have the Glyph of Misdirect or whatever the one is called that removes the MD cooldown if used on a pet. The spirit cats also have a self heal every 25 seconds and it is more than enough to survive the minimal damage from the adds.

This isn't soloing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Eh, if I had the tab I'd much rather wear a lesser known set. The blue version of the old Lightforge armor. This is just to keep me from regretting missing out on THE Paladin set.

You are partially right though. Most people would gravitate towards certain sets, at least at first. Doesn't make it a bad idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]