Question about the weekly valor point cap.

So Valor points have reset have for this week at around 3am AEST Tuesday 28th Jun. I'm curious whether the weekly Valor point cap will be reset again on patch day in conjunction with the conversion system.

In simple terms if i grind 1250 Valor points and convert to justice before shutdown tomorrow will i still be valor capped on patch day.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
everyone will be starting 4.2 with 0 valor points. If they didn't reset it people would just stock up 4k valor points and as soon as 4.2 hit get 2 piece Tier 12 on patch day.

Also, I think the Valor Point cap is 980 now.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
The space goat is asking something different.

I would guess yes, your VP bar would show capped if you capped after reset/before patch. But it's just a guess. They tend to roll back and remove rewards from people who find ways around things like this, so even if it worked, it likely wouldn't do you any good in the end.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wondering aswell, Don't really want to get 0 Valor for the whole first week of Firelands.
Reply Quote
I understand that everyone will be starting on 0 valor points but i think you missing my point.

Here's the deal.
The valor cap just reset for the week ( 0 / 1250 )
I grind lets say 700 Valor points and buy a relic for example before shutdown.
So I'm now at 0 Valor points but my weekly cap is still 700 / 1250.
Patch day comes, will i still be at 700 / 1250 or will it return to 0 / 1250.

I can't put it anymore simple than that.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
06/27/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Snaffel
I understand that everyone will be starting on 0 valor points but i think you missing my point.

The space goat is asking something different.

I would guess yes, your VP bar would show capped if you capped after reset/before patch.

06/27/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Snaffel
I can't put it anymore simple than that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
When the servers come up everyone will have 0 valor and 0\980 cap.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
06/27/2011 11:54 AMPosted by Felcast
When the servers come up everyone will have 0 valor and 0\980 cap.

/sigh
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Im pretty sure everyone will be 0/980.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
I'm pretty sure valor cap resets on Tuesday maintennace every week. Hence it should reset during Tuesday's maintenance regardless of the conversion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Well, to bring up this old thread, but this isn't what happened in patch 4.3. I earned 1350 of 1650 CP's before the patch, I now can only earn 300 CPs this week. Same goes for my Valor Points, I earned 140 also and now I'm 140/1000 capped. I started after the patch with zero VPs and CPs. This makes what they did last season different from what they did this season and absolutely no warning on being capped before the patch.
Edited by Imuhdude on 11/29/2011 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]